• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus Summer Sale 3ds eshop style!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Just got the email from Atlus about this...

MISSED OUT ON THESE TITLES? WELL NOW'S YOUR CHANCE...
Thirteen. That's the number of days until the incredible $10 off offer for Code of Princess, Etrian Odyssey IV, and Soul Hackers comes to an end. This special sale is exclusively in the Nintendo eShop: 

Code of Princess - $19.99
Etrian Odyssey IV - $29.99
Soul Hackers - $29.99

Offer ends on August 31! 

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
You can find new physical copies for EO4 and Soul Hackers for the same price, even cheaper if you're lucky. Code of Princess is a good deal though.

coopolon

Is there any story at all in EO4? I found the narrative a bit anemic in SMTIV, I assume there's even less in EO4 right?

mclem

Just got the email from Atlus about this...

MISSED OUT ON THESE TITLES? WELL NOW'S YOUR CHANCE...
Thirteen. That's the number of days until the incredible $10 off offer for Code of Princess, Etrian Odyssey IV, and Soul Hackers comes to an end. This special sale is exclusively in the Nintendo eShop: 

Code of Princess - $19.99
Etrian Odyssey IV - $29.99
Soul Hackers - $29.99

Offer ends on August 31! 

So hang on. A deal exists which gives you $30 eShop credit for purchasing (among other things) an Atlus title... and Atlus coincidentally have a sale where the titles most like that one cost... $29.99.

Well played, Nintendo and Atlus. Well played.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
So this is NA only right? Dat atlus EU support. Soul hackers isn't even out yet, no date for SMT IV.. :(

Celegus

How big are EO4 and Soul Hackers? I'll probably use my credit on one of those (not sure which) since Pokemon is ungodly big and I don't feel like buying a new SD card and figuring out how to port everything over. Unless it's a really easy process, I'm not sure.

So hang on. A deal exists which gives you $30 eShop credit for purchasing (among other things) an Atlus title... and Atlus coincidentally have a sale where the titles most like that one cost... $29.99.

Well played, Nintendo and Atlus. Well played.

Even more insidious: SMTIV's streetpass features make it so you pretty heavily benefit from streetpassing people with other Atlus games.

73V3N

Banned
How big are EO4 and Soul Hackers? I'll probably use my credit on one of those (not sure which) since Pokemon is ungodly big and I don't feel like buying a new SD card and figuring out how to port everything over. Unless it's a really easy process, I'm not sure.

I think copy/pasting files to your new SD card should work.

how is Code of Princess?
I've always been on the fence about it, but if it's this cheap I might dive into it

Playing through it now actually. About 3 - 4 hrs in. It's simple and repetitive but has a great artstyle and solid voice acting. I've read its really short too. Fun time waster type game. I've gotten so used to STEAM sales and getting insane deals for sub $10 thats its hard to recommend at $20 but YMMV.

Code of Princess isn't a fighting game, it's a beat'em up.

Thanks for the correction. I love beat-em-ups too if they're good. Spiderman & Venom: Maximum Carnage was one of my faves. Guardian Heroes on my Saturn is fantastic too.

Either way, I think I'm going to go for it.

Thinking about Etrian Odyssey IV. I'm reading some reviews right now. Anyone wanna give me a quick comparison to other games or something please?

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Also seen this on my Facebook feed from the official Nintendo 3DS page.

For a limited time, select Ubisoft games are 30% off in the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS! Games include Rayman Origins, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell 3D and more!

rmiXWNi.jpg

cacildo

Sales are good. Unfortunally there´s nothing i want.

SUPPOSE they dropped the prices of games i dont want to, like, Steam kind of sales*. Then maybe i could buy even i game i dont want.

*ive been talking a lot about steam prices. But thats because ive been really impressed by them these days.

Marche90

Hahahahaha, hahahahah oh boy, what a joker.

And that he is ;). If you knew him, you would have realized that that post was filled with sarcasm. Nobody in the PersonaGAF community believes that P5 is for 3ds, including me.

As for this sale, the deals are good, but I'm broke beyond belief. Maybe next time. That or I might buy Ghost recon. I've heard good things about it

kswiston

With this and Vita sales... So many games, so little time. :(

I wish the 3DS sales were more like the Vita sales to be honest. $10 off is better than nothing, but a 25% discount on EO4, which came out 6 months ago, is not all that impressive. Atlus routinely offers 50% off deals on their Playstation titles after a similar period of time.

Celegus

It works. I upgraded to a 32GB SDHC card and all I had to do was copy everything and it worked flawlessly.

That's really surprising. Being Nintendo, I figured it would've been a huge ordeal. So many choices... Soul Hackers, EO4, or knock some $ off Pokemon. And I haven't even started SMT IV yet!

Pokemon's only a bit over 1 GB, right? I would peg these Atlus games as around the same size. Not sure why that's "ungodly."

zruben

Banned
Thinking about Etrian Odyssey IV. I'm reading some reviews right now. Anyone wanna give me a quick comparison to other games or something please?

have you played other Etrian Odyssey games?... it's the same formula, a little more complex and a little less grindy.

however, it breaks down to this.
Pros:
-A lot of customization, with your team and with the character skill development
-Less grindy than previous EO games
-Solid art style
-Maze drawing
-Cool and relaxing soundtrack
-A lot of exploration
-Enemies are fully animated

Cons:
-First person fights
-No real animations during fights can get boring after a while
-Minimalistic story (or
-Can be fucking unfair sometimes, LOL.
-Sometimes it's a pain in the ass to get enough money to buy stuff.

Top Bottom