• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus USA announces the return of Fight and Heal: Etrian Odyssey II

NichM said:
It's not mentioned in the press release, by the way, but for those of you who've played the Japanese version or followed the impressions thread, we're fixing the skill bugs. This is going to be Etrian Odyssey II as it was meant to be. A tip of the hat to firex and crew for all those detailed writeups, they helped a lot!

For the love of god and all that is holy, make sure a screen in the manual has "Fight" and "Heal" in the flesh!

Takeda Kenshi

blew Staal
NichM said:
It's not mentioned in the press release, by the way, but for those of you who've played the Japanese version or followed the impressions thread, we're fixing the skill bugs. This is going to be Etrian Odyssey II as it was meant to be. A tip of the hat to firex and crew for all those detailed writeups, they helped a lot!

You sir, are a God.

Wilsongt

Beavertown said:
I really liked the first one, but I got sick of mapping really quick. Any chance of an auto-mapping feature this time?

There was an auto-mapping feature. It just didn't put in things like item points, doors, etc. That was left up to you, but it mapped the floor plan.

Saitou

Banned
Saitou said:
Someone please tell me this games bonus dungeons don't force me to use the two shittiest classes just to survive the battles, please :(
Srsly guise, I'd like to know.

Also, it seems the 'witch doctor' is now officialy the War Magus, according to one of the videos in the site. The animal companion starts with a B, so I'm banking on Beast.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
NichM said:

Wow. Good show, folks. Thanks for going all out!

Teasel

you know,i think this entire fight & heal thing is stupid... everyone is entitled to their own opinion,if they thought the game was pointless what's wrong with that?

Teasel said:
you know,i think this entire fight & heal thing is stupid... everyone is entitled to their own opinion,if they thought the game was pointless what's wrong with that?

So they're not allowed to turn the tables?

Narag

Teasel said:

I think it went beyond that and was just straight insulting by implying the game's class system was so broken that the player wouldn't be able to tell what one party member did from the next when in reality everyone was well defined without the need for stupid names.

Saitou

Banned
Teasel said:
You didn't read the article, did you?

Danielsan

Man the love for this game is so strong here. I feel the urge to buy EO1 straight away and I just saw a copy for €27. Tomorrow is pay-day so if I get enough cash I'll probably order it. :)

bengraven

firex said:
the appeal is the same as the appeal of wizardry, bard's tale, the gold box D&D games, etc. great RPGs that have a storyline for you to follow, but all your characters are your own creation.

...what? Really? I'm dying for a game like all those. The closest things I have are the Bioware games and Elder Scrolls.

lastendconductor

Put your snobby liquids into my mouth!
At first EO kinda felt lame and boring to me, but now it may very well be my favorite DS game. I'm super excited for part 2!

Fredescu

ethelred said:
Excellent. Let me know if you need help finding it. I told you weeks ago that I'm pretty sure some of the stores near me still have it and I can send a copy out.
I don't suppose you know of any stores than ship internationally that might have EO in stock? Play Asia, Yes Asia, and videogamesplus.ca all don't seem to have it :(

Joule

For anyone who's trying to find a copy of EO, there's a gaffer who's got a couple copies to sell at $30 in the official buy/sell/trade thread.

firex

oh yeah. honestly, credit for all the bugs and stuff belongs to this guy on gamefaqs named Terence. he's the one who's found all the bugs with classes. I just more or less paraphrased his posts here because I know nobody really wants to go to gamefaqs (and it's not like EO2's board there won't go down the shitter immediately once more people get wind of this announcement).

Beavertown

Garbage
Wilsongt said:
There was an auto-mapping feature. It just didn't put in things like item points, doors, etc. That was left up to you, but it mapped the floor plan.

Are you kidding me? Fuck me in the ass with a pogo stick.

jsrv

Wilsongt said:

What the hell

Was it mentioned in the manual or something? I wish I read it before now

jsrv said:
What the hell

Was it mentioned in the manual or something? I wish I read it before now

Automapping only in that the tiles you physically walk over will get the paintbrush (fill in light blue). There are no walls or anything else shown.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Teasel said:
whats wrong with poking fun at GI terrible reviews?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Lord Helmet said:
Day one!
I've been playing the first game the last couple weeks... never finished... now I will! :D

<3 Atlus.

Told ya. *smirk*

Next time, doubt me not!

lyre

grandjedi6 said:
11ijzur.jpg
My only complaint about the box is, since they photoshopped the regular art of the Gunner over her original portrait of this piece of art, the colour difference is apparent and sort of looks out of place.

That and also the box looks too busy and very amateurish.

But who cares about the box, June 17th! WOOO. Early gift for me!

Edit: Grammmar.

Link1110

Day one, I saw some videos on Youtube, and the game looks as good as the first. Also, the way they made fun of the review of the first game, this will be the anti-Kane and Lynch. Will some reviewers be fired for giving this a good review?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Segata Sanshiro said:
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

JUST ENOUGH TIME FOR ME TO WRAP UP THE FIRST ONE

ONLY FOUR FLOORS REMAIN

ISH

Those four floors can take a very long time.

Especially if you decide to go back and get a Shinryu sword.

Or two.

Or four...

Rolf NB

Why the hell did I miss this!
Do want! More specifically, do want to import English-textyhensible version of game from teh heavens! Yay!

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
FUCK YEAH! :D :D

My DS will be glued to me until the end of June at this rate, if not longer. :D

ethelred

Macstorm said:
Sadly, next up will likely be Luminous Arc 2.

I'm a bit hopeful the second may prove to be a better game, just because Ryoei has spoken about their desire to address some of the flaws with the original, plus Niinou might be a bit involved in overseeing the development.

However, I expect the next announcement to be Yggdra Union PSP.

Top Bottom