• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus USA announces the return of Fight and Heal: Etrian Odyssey II

neat!

ADVENTURERS WANTED; ATLUS ANNOUNCES DUNGEON RPG ETRIAN ODYSSEY II: HEROES OF LAGAARD FOR NINTENDO DS!
One of gaming’s truest RPG series returns in June.

IRVINE, CALIFORNIA — MARCH 27th, 2008 — Atlus U.S.A., Inc., preferred publisher of adventuring duo Fight and Heal, today announced Etrian Odyssey™II: Heroes of Lagaard for Nintendo DS™. Continuing one of the genre’s purest experiences, this sequel builds upon the original cult classic with more diverse areas to explore, new character classes, more fiendish FOEs, and an improved mapping system.

Etrian Odyssey II boasts an all-star development team, led by director Shigeo Komori (scenario designer - Etrian Odyssey, Odin Sphere). Composer Yuzo Koshiro (Actraiser, Streets of Rage, Etrian Odyssey) returns for Heroes of Lagaard, in addition to character designer Yuji Himukai and monster designer Shin Nagasawa, who both worked on the original Etrian Odyssey.

The odyssey resumes June 17th.

Visit the official Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard website: www.atlus.com/etrian2

About Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard
In the Grand Duchy of High Lagaard, it is said that the Duke is descended from inhabitants of a castle in the sky. When an unforeseen crisis befalls the nation, it is decreed that the first explorer to retrieve the Grail of Kings from that mythical floating palace will be rewarded with wealth and fame beyond imagining. Enter the central city of Lagaard and begin your journey to the clouds!

Key Features
• Make the adventure yours – Rediscover true role-playing as you build your party of stalwart adventurers from 12 different classes. From basics like name and sex to advanced settings like combat formation, skills, and spells, every detail is yours to customize!
• The Odyssey continues – Experience an all-new story, more classes, improved mapping capabilities, new Force Skills, and over 100 side-quests.
• Chart your progress through the dungeons – Etrian Odyssey’s innovative mapmaking tool returns with more options and features! Use the touch screen to map out the halls, chambers, treasures, and dangers of the realms you explore.

Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard has not yet been rated by the ESRB.

###

About Atlus U.S.A., Inc.
Located in Irvine, California and founded in 1991, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. is renowned for its proud tradition of publishing exceptional role-playing games with strong niche appeal. The Atlus library of critically acclaimed video games includes Odin Sphere, Trauma Center series, and the award-winning Shin Megami Tensei series. For more information, visit http://www.atlus.com.

©2008 ATLUS Co., LTD., all rights reserved. Licensed to and published by Atlus U.S.A., Inc. Wii and Nintendo DS are trademarks of Nintendo.

Joule

Well I've got time still to finish EO before the second hits.

Fuck yes! There's a comics section in on the official site.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
hahahahah

Oh man that assistant copy editor at atlus is probably throwing a party for himself right now. It's not very often the corporate overlords allow a copywriter to actually play around like that.

ethelred

Adventuring duo Fight and Heal? Oh, Atlus, this is why I love you.

Well, that and the fact that you're releasing Etrian Odyssey II. Another few hundred hours, here I come!

Durante

:lol
Is that really in the press release? If so, respect is due.

I guess this means I should get to finishing the first one.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!
FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!
FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!
FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!
FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!
FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!
FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!
FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!
FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

NichM

Banned
It's not mentioned in the press release, by the way, but for those of you who've played the Japanese version or followed the impressions thread, we're fixing the skill bugs. This is going to be Etrian Odyssey II as it was meant to be. A tip of the hat to firex and crew for all those detailed writeups, they helped a lot!

I should get to the post-game bit in EO but I need to put more of a dent in the backlog first. From what little I've read on EO's post-game it sounds like it is a crazy amount of work, I supposedly have to train an entirely new party of adventurers.

I also took a peek at some rather detailed maps that someone posted on GameFAQ's, just the floors I have explored, and it seems as though I missed a fair bit in some sections.

NichM said:
It's not mentioned in the press release, by the way, but for those of you who've played the Japanese version or followed the impressions thread, we're fixing the skill bugs. This is going to be Etrian Odyssey II as it was meant to be.

I've been reading through what firex has been posting in the EOII thread and all I will interject is that sounds fantastic.

Hesemonni

Banned
Oh yes, this time I'll be there when it happens and not 6 months (and many restless days of copy hunting later).

LegatoB

June, sweet. I can finish EO1 by then! :lol

NichM said:
It's not mentioned in the press release, by the way, but for those of you who've played the Japanese version or followed the impressions thread, we're fixing the skill bugs. This is going to be Etrian Odyssey II as it was meant to be. A tip of the hat to firex and crew for all those detailed writeups, they helped a lot!
You guys are awesome.

rpgfan16k

Man, this summer is looking GREAT for game releases. MGS4, SC4, and now this? Heck, isn't Space Invaders out around that time, too?

I actually never got to try EO1, but as usual the GAFhype has sucked me in. I will be buying this game day one :)

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
rpgfan16k said:
Man, this summer is looking GREAT for game releases. MGS4, SC4, and now this? Heck, isn't Space Invaders out around that time, too?

I actually never got to try EO1, but as usual the GAFhype has sucked me in. I will be buying this game day one :)

Yep, June 17th I believe

Yaweee

I was hoping that the announcement would be Persona 4, but I still might get this. Never played the original, because it was only on store shelves two weeks before Atlus USA decided that no more copies would be necessary.

Narag

lyre said:
Play the first Etrian Odyssey. It. is. worth it.

Cosigned. Seriously one of the better, if not the best, RPGs in years.

grandjedi6 said:
Can you even find this game short of $70 on ebay? :lol

More like $30sh. $19.99 used at gamestop if you're lucky enough to stumble across one.

sk3tch

Rockin'!

If anyone is still looking for EO new and sealed, my local Game Crazy has it. I'd be willing to buy and ship to you if you cover costs ($29.99 plus MN sales tax [6.5%] plus USPS Priority Mail which is $4.60).

NichM

Banned
Himuro said:
But EO isn't story based, and EO2's coming in a few months. Why should I?

Cause EO1 is still awesome, and finishing it will allow you to import some stuff into EO2.

Top Bottom