• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) manga thread of TOTAL SPOILER PANDEMONIUM

i was wondering if eren is the one legged man that why did get scared and fall on the ground when the solider shouted BOOM?
looking at the panel again, seems like he guy infront of erne jumped back and knocked eren down.

Zoe

i was wondering if eren is the one legged man that why did get scared and fall on the ground when the solider shouted BOOM?
looking at the panel again, seems like he guy infront of erne jumped back and knocked eren down.

Everybody in that line is supposed to have PTSD.

Joni

I get the feeling that Reiner might give his powers to Eren so they don't fall to one of the poor warriors.

IKizzLE

Well fuck...that propaganda machine did wonders to Reiner's psyche. He ate that shit up more than any of the other soldiers and it came all crashing down when he actually met these "demons".

Explains why he has split personalities.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I'm constantly left extremely impressed by how great the world building is.

Great chapter, can't wait to see what the OG crew is up to.

kewlmyc

Man, these Marley chapters are really making me like Reiner, Bert, and Annie, especially Reiner. They're such tragic characters and it paints the whole first half of the manga in a different light.

kirblar

Something that we can now guess- when Rod Reiss (and presumably, the Wall Titans) transformed into Titans, they used serum from the Colossal Titan's spine. (and possibly some others mixed in, Cart wouldn't be shocking)

The Bottle eren uses has to be from either the Armored or Female.

Those PTSD soldiers aren't going to be sent to a Hospital. They're gunna be killed or turned into Titans. Why would Marley waste resources on them?

Zoe

WTF was Annie stomping on? I've seen people say a bug, but it looked really weird.

Those PTSD soldiers aren't going to be sent to a Hospital. They're gunna be killed or turned into Titans. Why would Marley waste resources on them?

They gotta be kept around until the next battle.

kirblar

I was thinking about AoT last night and there must be something I am not remembering right.
Did Eren's dad go over the 9 years average life spam of a shifter?
Or am I missing something?
The cap is 13 years, you start to age/deteriorate at the end.

He didn't go over it, he just passed it to Eren when he had the chance.

The cap is 13 years, you start to age/deteriorate at the end.

He didn't go over it, he just passed it to Eren when he had the chance.

Yeak I don't know why I thought it was 9 years, it was 13 so I guess Eren was like 12 when he got the powers but he didn't transform until he was like 15~16?

WTF was Annie stomping on? I've seen people say a bug, but it looked really weird.

Just practicing for the mission

1a0a9cbc1bff2072de651a70b6d2e7da7b5c32ed_hq_zps2rvcjwk5.gif

Doesn't Zeke do that though too?.
I think the speculation about Titan serum being synthesized by Titan shifters is going to turn out to be right.

So a Titan made from colossal serum will have the colossal Titan's powers,

And a Titan made from Armour serum will have the armoured Titan's powers etc...

It's hard to read what the source of Zeke's powers are exactly because he has so many.

kirblar

It *just* clicked for me that Ymir's bizarre hot/cold behavior in the current Anime arc is in large part because of the inherited memories fucking w/ her. I just reread a bunch of the uprising stuff last night and the "change" that happened to the King's descendants- it must happen to everyone.

Eusis

It *just* clicked for me that Ymir's bizarre hot/cold behavior in the current Anime arc is in large part because of the inherited memories fucking w/ her. I just reread a bunch of the uprising stuff last night and the "change" that happened to the King's descendants- it must happen to everyone.
We saw a bit of that with Eren during the flashback chapters where he was basically Grisha for a bit then Eren Kruger... which got weirder when it was like he was speaking to Eren Grisha.

EDIT: However I think with the King's descendants that he left behind a particularly strong will. Or it was just the knowledge of the outside world and their history innately fucking with them, but not knowing what Marley is doing and planning to do now. Which makes me wonder if Historia would have followed their will after all and instead been aggressive against Marley had she taken the Founding titan back from Eren. Particularly so since she'd also have the Attack Titan.

Why didn't Grisha's memories trigger in Eren before they went to the basement?

Why didn't Reiner, Bertholdt or Annie transform into titans when they were first attacked by Ymir and why did they let her get away?

The theory of the crippled person being Eren in the latest chapter blew my mind.

Joni

Why didn't Reiner, Bertholdt or Annie transform into titans when they were first attacked by Ymir and why did they let her get away?
Fear. They are young kids seeing one of their friend die, killed by the ultimate monster they know. More interesting, how did she make it to Wall Sheena around the same time as them.

Fear. They are young kids seeing one of their friend die, killed by the ultimate monster they know. More interesting, how did she make it to Wall Sheena around the same time as them.

I don't really but it, considering they had three people who could titanize at that moment.

Yesterday's episode was great to watch having read the manga and understanding all the foreshadowing, especially when Bertholdt calls them 'Children of the devil' after being provoked by Armin.

Ymir being transformed into a mindless titan by the Marleyans was pretty obvious in the anime compared to the manga.

Poor old anime watchers arguing about Mikasa getting development. It's gonna suck when all of them (some already are) realize she's nothing but an Eren-obsessed puppet with Erza-level plot powerups and armor.

kirblar

Poor old anime watchers arguing about Mikasa getting development. It's gonna suck when all of them (some already are) realize she's nothing but an Eren-obsessed puppet with Erza-level plot powerups and armor.
AoT has a lot of great female characters, but Isayama clearly has a harder time (or is less interested in) writing them.

The train already died after season 1

Yep, this is real unfortunate. Attack on Titan took the world by storm during the first season, by the time this season finally aired, most people were like "Oh, huh, that's nice."

Considering they're probably going to do Kabaneri again and when season 3 starts it will lead off with the political arc, I can only see the number of people dropping off.

That's the main thought I had this season, when people were complaining about this season being too slow. They aren't ready.

Listening to Season 2's soundtrack, "YouSeeBIGGIRL/T:T" (come on Sawano) is a pretty amazing track. It's the one from when Mikasa attacks Reinhardt and Bertholdt and they transform.

Sotha_Sil

Why didn't Grisha's memories trigger in Eren before they went to the basement?

The theory of the crippled person being Eren in the latest chapter blew my mind.

There's a delay when it comes to shifting, I don't think any of them can do it instantly. Ymir was hidden underground and ambushed them.... while it seems Annie/Bert/Reiner all froze up, Marcel reacted quickly by saving Reiner. We all know how that ended.

It's interesting that they've implied Marcel was the leader of the group of four. Have to wonder how things would have gone had Galliard been the Armored Titan and Marcel survived to the walls. Despite their constant defeats, Annie single-handedly came close in the forest, as did Reiner/Bert when they finally outed themselves. Zeke's attack would have worked too had it not been for Levi the Deus Ex Machina (who also stopped Annie).

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Was the underground city they showed in the last episode from the manga? I don't remember that at all, but it kinda looked like the city in Ymir's flashback, so I was wondering if maybe they put that in there to throw off the anime watcher, make them think her flashback was there.

Season 3 confirmed for next year and probably being 2 cour is amazing news.

The start is going to be ROUGH for anime only fans (still can't believe folks thought this season was slow), but I can't wait for the war in Shiganshina, that whole battle is amazing.

Was the underground city they showed in the last episode from the manga? I don't remember that at all, but it kinda looked like the city in Ymir's flashback, so I was wondering if maybe they put that in there to throw off the anime watcher, make them think her flashback was there.

I think that cave or one like it is where Levi grew up. I think part of the next arc takes place there.

Is there an actual source for the 2 cour business or are we just going by the manga covers in the trailer and "beyond the sea"

Joni

Yes, it was in there with about the same statements. From chapter 51.

Top Bottom