• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) manga thread of TOTAL SPOILER PANDEMONIUM

Zoe

That interpretation was laughed out of the other forum. It's not going to hold any more weight here.

cryptoadam

Banned
hello.

New to AOT. Just caught up on the entire thing over a week but may have missed something. Was wondering if someone could answer a question I had.

So from my understanding only Eldians can become titans. Special shifters can become "special" titans which are not mindless. A titan turns back to a human after they eat another shifter which can only be an Eldian.

So this raises a few question for me that I don't know were answered. I watched a ton of vidoe's on youtube but I didn't find anything. So here we go:

1)Why would anyone turn/want to turn Eldians into titans to fight for them if they just become mindless zombies and have to be killed, basically killing your own people?
2)Did eldians turn into titans and help the Eldians conquer Marley? and if so then those titans were just killed?
3)were eldian titans fighting in the titan war against the other 8 houses?
4)the art work shows special titans and normal titans in the titan wars so eldians condemened their own people to death to fight in these titan wars between the different houses?
5)Do titans eat non eldians? They don't eat animals, and only eat eldians to try and turn back to human. So if you unleashead a bunch of titans on marley would they eat the marleians? or just avoid them like they do animals?
6)How are there 10 Million Colossus titans in the walls, when to get a titan power you have to eat another shifter and then you only live for 13 years? Yet the walls have been up for 100 years?
7)Why wouldn't the king think that Marleians turning Eldians into titans and releasing them in Paradis keeping his people trapped and in danger as some sort of attack and release the walled titans? What if by some miracle one of those titans got through the walls and killed a bunch of Eldians, then the Marley are screwed and the king destroys the world.

In regards to point 7 and the fact that there are always so many twists in the story I feel that it will be revealed that Marley and the king are working together and that the threat of realasing the all Titans was BS. Marley would be putting the whole world in danger by putting more titans on Paradis for no reason (just kill the Eldians) and I don't see why the king would just allow Eldians to be turned into mindless titans and overrun Paradis.

Anyways AOT is pretty awesome and I was not into it at all and then binged the whole thing in 2 weeks and am hooked. I want to know where its going and all the big twist and turns. I can only imagine what it was like seeing this in real time!

cryptoadam

Banned
Dead thread!

Gaf doesn't like AOT?

Latest chapter leaked/came out and its a good one but still doesn't answer many questions.

manfestival

Dead thread!

Gaf doesn't like AOT?

Latest chapter leaked/came out and its a good one but still doesn't answer many questions.
To be fair, the manga isnt in a position where it can answer questions. Maybe after all this drama and action they can take a breather and have some narrative that explains it all

manfestival

So like... Sasha is dead now. I mean her death isn't really that impactful considering how distanced we have been from the main characters for so long. Now even more questions are coming up considering Zeke has betrayed his fellow marleyans.

Alec

Most recent volume was a little slow compared to the few that came before it, but it would be impossible to keep that action-packed pace. I hope it's almost over with, though.

Durask

I think there is still a lot of character development to cover. It's actually amazing how much he can pack into one chapter. Shows us how quickly Eldians are going back to their corrupt ways, how old SC friendships are starting to fray, etc. Mikasa pretty much accepted that Eren is going to die soon, etc, etc. I think the manga is at it's best right now.

manfestival

I think there is still a lot of character development to cover. It's actually amazing how much he can pack into one chapter. Shows us how quickly Eldians are going back to their corrupt ways, how old SC friendships are starting to fray, etc. Mikasa pretty much accepted that Eren is going to die soon, etc, etc. I think the manga is at it's best right now.
While I agree with what you are saying. I feel like what officially made me interested in this show and the manga faded away long ago and is the series is merely a shadow of the excitement it once provided. It has literally become fleshy gundams the show now. The dread and sense that anyone can die and that it was important has kinda faded away. Sasha dying was pretty much a shoe-in just so they could say the show was still relevant.

TLDR; the story has become 95% human and 5% titan ... and I fell in love in the past cause it felt more 60% human and 40% titan.

Durask

Well, the story has to go somewhere and there is only so much you can do with essentially giant zombies - you have to expand the world and give explanations. Tastes differ, but I thought the "big reveal" was quite good.

As far as anyone can die, it was mostly redshirts from the very beginning.

Durask

This panel is an instant classic.

H3.png

Fbh

This last chapter is fucking bonkers

Kinda yeah. Though I always worry when any form of fiction introduces time travel (sort of) out of nowhere. Always makes consistency go out of the window. Though lets see how they handle it here.

bigedole

I had to reread chapter 122 twice. The last panel with Ymir, oh jesus. Do we know what month the manga is ending? It feels hella biblical right now.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Dropped AoT last year. Heard it became a giantic mess so I looked into it and I don't understand fucking anything at this point. THAT BEING SAID I thought this edit was hilarious. Obvious ?recent? spoilers. Do not open unless you are up to date?

IkDoBlC.jpg

Also it is a shame people don't usually go in this sub forum. I'm sure we have plenty fans of this series lurking other threads without knowing this thread even exists.

redfox088

Banned
Dropped AoT last year. Heard it became a giantic mess so I looked into it and I don't understand fucking anything at this point. THAT BEING SAID I thought this edit was hilarious. Obvious ?recent? spoilers. Do not open unless you are up to date?

IkDoBlC.jpg

Also it is a shame people don't usually go in this sub forum. I'm sure we have plenty fans of this series lurking other threads without knowing this thread even exists.
Real ones know

Top Bottom