• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titans for 3DS: first trailer

Noi

This seems like it's gonna take some creative liberties with what actually happens in the series.

lol Eren doing anything of value

Silky

Banned
Damn those animations for the Titans look pretty stiff...

I don't want to be "that guy" but I really think a game like this would be more suitable on Vita."

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Looks okay for a quick cash-in - there are worse looking 3DS games.

Cimarron

What a freaking waste. This should be fully realized on a full fledged console. Imagine zipping around Titans on a proper screen size with HD graphics. *drools*

CamHostage

The short swing/slide scene reminded me a bit of Vanquish

Yeah, seems like the game's concept is a combination of Monster Hunter, Vanquish, and Bionic Commando, but in the confined scale of boss battles only. Seems like it'll run its course quickly, but hopefully it'll be fun while it lasts and work well enough in multiplayer.

Mory Dunz

This seems like it's gonna take some creative liberties with what actually happens in the series.

lol Eren doing anything of value
If it was true to the anime, that'd just be people being freaked for half the game and questioning what the point of everything was. Fun.
Edit:
I really like the show. If that wasn't clear. Real fear works instead always courageous protagonist sometimes.

KarmaCow

I feel like the premise of the anime/manga would work best as a video game.

Unless it was a stealth or survival horror game I don't see how. It's already bad enough that every other episode has one character utterly destroying the titans that are meant to be overwhelming. This video game just seems to be about killing titans.

Magwik

Banned
Damn those animations for the Titans look pretty stiff...

I don't want to be "that guy" but I really think a game like this would be more suitable on Vita."

It would be more suitable on anything that has more than one analog stick.

The graphics aren't anything special, but it looks like the gameplay might not be as horrible as I expected, unless all of the scenes they showed were QTEs...

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I know there's no way they could translate the speed and complexity of the combat from the anime into game form, but I was hoping they'd come up with something that at least looked exciting. This just looks kind of slow and clunky. Need more footage!

Mariolee

The ziplining of the 3D maneuver gear looks really slow. Was hoping for more fast paced webslinging ala Spider-Man 2.

Also wondering if (AoT spoilers)
we'll get to play as Eren's Titan form.

Top Bottom