• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attention whore celebrities can't cope with corona quarantine

It's Jeff

Aug 28, 2015
See, the smart play for a celebrity would be to get on Twitch for the first time. I'd watch Arnold flip his couch after getting whooped in Rocket League or something.

Ellen can play Farming Simulator. Feel like one of the regular people again.

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
there's a reason why the romans placed entertainers below prostitutes in their social heirarchy.
They also thought it wasn't gay as long as you top, so. . .

But the reason that they placed entertainers below dedicated prostitutes (i.e. courtesan types, slaves) is that most entertainers were also prostitutes, and they traveled and spread disease. Add that, the fact that basically almost all actors were young men (we all know how the Romans and Greeks loved those), and the Roman notions around "gayness" (i.e. the penetrating partner maintains virtus, Roman masculine virtue) together, and you had a high chance for a man to spread venereal disease to his wife, and harming the family was a massive no-no.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Stilton Disco

MetalAlien

Mar 6, 2005
They also thought it wasn't gay as long as you top, so. . .

But the reason that they placed entertainers below dedicated prostitutes (i.e. courtesan types, slaves) is that most entertainers were also prostitutes, and they traveled and spread disease. Add that, the fact that basically almost all actors were young men (we all know how the Romans and Greeks loved those), and the Roman notions around "gayness" (i.e. the penetrating partner maintains virtus, Roman masculine virtue) together, and you had a high chance for a man to spread venereal disease to his wife, and harming the family was a massive no-no.
Were?

nush

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2017
See, the smart play for a celebrity would be to get on Twitch for the first time. I'd watch Arnold flip his couch after getting whooped in Rocket League or something.
I'd pay to watch that!

Erdrick

Jan 11, 2005
Arnold Schwarzenegger tells us not to go out and to stay in our private jacuzzi

(well that's good intentions, but I'm not sure about the way it's presented...)
I can't hate on Arnold. He's one of the few actors in Hollywood that I genuinely respect and I feel he absolutely worked his ass off to get to where he is now. Even when he fucked up (Affair and such) he still handled it like a boss and did right on his son out of it.

I saw a video last night of Anthony Hopkins playing the piano with his cat in his lap. Nothing spoken, no begging for sympathy, just him and his cat, chillin on a Saturday with some classy music.

Kenpachii

Mar 23, 2018
I can't hate on Arnold. He's one of the few actors in Hollywood that I genuinely respect and I feel he absolutely worked his ass off to get to where he is now. Even when he fucked up (Affair and such) he still handled it like a boss and did right on his son out of it.

I saw a video last night of Anthony Hopkins playing the piano with his cat in his lap. Nothing spoken, no begging for sympathy, just him and his cat, chillin on a Saturday with some classy music.
He works hard indeed.

TUROK

Aug 27, 2010
Holy shit, the gamer nerds were right. They are gonna rise up after all the normies die or have mild to severe bouts of the disease due to an innate need to be social.

The revolution is coming.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2020
I thought announcing your pronouns and sexuality made you brave?

If so, im sure you can brave a few weeks locked up in your personal hotel.

Is this what trump meant by draining the swap. In tough times the dregs show themselves to the world.

Maybe THEY can keep you entertained while you hang with Them.

Last edited:

Filth

Jan 23, 2010
Ellen sits on her couch in her mansion unsure of what to do:

Ellen is currently under house arrest. You can see her ankle bracelet on her right leg. That's why her tweets are weird and cryptic :]

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
I thought announcing your pronouns and sexuality made you brave?

If so, im sure you can brave a few weeks locked up in your personal hotel.

Is this what trump meant by draining the swap. In tough times the dregs show themselves to the world.

Maybe THEY can keep you entertained while you hang with Them.

No one gives a fuck about snowflake pronouns anymore