• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Attorney General Barr hid Hunter Biden probe from public view

bucyou

Feb 3, 2018
and trump

ttorney General William Barr was aware of federal investigations into President-elect Joe Biden’s son Hunter Biden before the presidential election, and took pains to ensure they were not made public, the Wall Street Journal reported Thursday.

A person familiar with the matter told the newspaper that Barr has avoided providing information on the probes to congressional Republicans, but did not offer further details.

The report comes the same week that Hunter Biden announced that the U.S. Attorney's office in Delaware is investigating his tax affairs. The former vice president's son said that the was informed of the probes when his lawyer was advised of the investigation by federal prosecutors.

Barr knew about federal probes into Hunter Biden's financial dealings in spring: WSJ | TheHill

Dec 15, 2011
Is it or is it not normal practice to keep investigations secret to protect the innocent and when it could influence an election, for obvious reasons?
I don't know. 'Normal' is typically used these days when people who keep on talking about how things must change to suit their agenda want other bits not to change (to suit their agenda).

What I do know is that it's still deflection and dismissal. Which still are not the same as addressing something.

Beep. Boop.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2019
Away with the fairies
What did he do to make sure it never went public?

Did he censor the media? Hide it from investigation or what?

The fact it was hidden, when it was hidden is irrelevant. This guy had enough evidence to investigate is a 47 year politician was compromised and did nothing.

That says loud and clear that.
"we have corruption in govt that were aware of, no need to investigate this because it will go nowhere"

• Fire
Reactions: deafmedal

Scotty W

Sep 29, 2019

Strange that ResetEra seems to have forgotten that this is all Russian disinfo...

evanft

Dec 25, 2009
This is standard practice during an election cycle. I hate to defend Barr but this is normal and appropriate.

Agreed. I'm somewhat surprised.

Probe needs to happen if there's something actually there. I'm worried it'll go away after Biden becomes President, though.

Feb 28, 2011

Strange that ResetEra seems to have forgotten that this is all Russian disinfo...

It's really funny how much people here lurk reset. Era still living rent free in the minds of so many here.

Dec 15, 2011
Then stfu and save us all some time and post your dumb Baghdad Bob picture over and over again
Pretending to know it all is a very good way of asserting assumption over fact. This is why the saying "A little bit of knowledge is a very dangerous thing" exists.

But that was the point of you asking - so you can deflect from your own deflections and pounce and tell others to 'shut the fuck up'. And similarly dishonest clowns have leaped with you. You can now feel more comfortable that you don't have to address anything, you've done the 2020 thing and gone the route of silencing those that question the questionable narrative.

Your eagerness to tell people to shut the fuck up (on a discussion forum, no less!), combined with past exchanges where I've borne witness to your dishonesty means a character such as yourself telling me to shut the fuck up and listen to you is exactly what I expect of people that want their narrative to be regarded as fact and nobody to ask questions.

I trust someone infinitely more who can say "I don't know" than someone who insists they know it all.

I hope that dopamine rush was worth it.

Don't feed the trolls Thaed. The ignore button exists for a reason. Don't chance eating a ban just because people try to bait you for attention.

And here's yet another example of distorting reality to fit your preferred narrative.

Remember: These people are the ones insisting their assumed knowledge is fact and their grasp on reality is the only one that matters. Lest they put you on a list.

Last edited:

Nehezir

Banned
Sep 2, 2020
This is standard practice during an election cycle. I hate to defend Barr but this is normal and appropriate.
as true as that is, I have a strong disagreement with it.

I find the idea that people will be swayed during this final series of months as opposed to the 3 and a half years of propaganda laughable. everyone under the sun had already picked their side long ago and it was along partisan lines. Undecided voters are short-lived andjust too shy to say so.

• Fire
Reactions: Dacon and Tesseract

diffusionx

Feb 25, 2006
I understand this is what the DOJ normally tries to do, but in this case, they should have reconsidered.I say this because the media and tech companies worked tremendously hard to censor and smear the NY Post's reporting on this. Reporting that as time goes on looks more solid than the hundreds of thousands of hours they put into the Russia Trump hoax.

Remember when the media amplified that bullshit about "intelligence experts" claiming it had "hallmarks of Russian disinformation"? Total silence from other areas allowed them to do this and basically sweep it under the rug.

Last edited:
Reactions: cryptoadam

Neil Young

Mar 26, 2020

ManofOne

Plus Member
Nov 4, 2020
How long till you think SF Kosmo SF Kosmo comes in and laughs at us.

Last edited:

TheContact

Gold Member
Jan 22, 2016
Cool. Are they investigating Joe BIden?

I think the FBI is. It's strange Barr would hide this; I would have bet anything this is something he would have wanted to make public to try to keep Trump in office. I wonder if something happened between them lately since Barr also said that they didn't find any election interference (which is true, but that public statement hurts Trump)

SF Kosmo

...please disperse...
Jul 7, 2020
as true as that is, I have a strong disagreement with it.

I find the idea that people will be swayed during this final series of months as opposed to the 3 and a half years of propaganda laughable. everyone under the sun had already picked their side long ago and it was along partisan lines. Undecided voters are short-lived andjust too shy to say so.
It's not a rule, it's a policy, like James Comey broke it because he felt like the re-opening of the Clinton email thing was important enough that the public had to know. But he did get a LOT of shit for that.

But Hunter Biden tax stuff probably doesn't rise to that level. It's not even Joe.

Zangiefy360

Cross Forum Drama ..........Queen
Aug 30, 2018
If true, fire Barr or give him the chair.

The people deserved to know whether one of the candidates had compromised family, which likely means he's compromised as well.

Reactions: Dacon and Tesseract

Nehezir

Banned
Sep 2, 2020
It's not a rule, it's a policy, like James Comey broke it because he felt like the re-opening of the Clinton email thing was important enough that the public had to know. But he did get a LOT of shit for that.

But Hunter Biden tax stuff probably doesn't rise to that level. It's not even Joe.
Taxes? Sure. I kind of care about the stuff on the laptop but the man's taxes?

I didn't care about that shit with Trump's and Biden's even less so, yeah. I don't expect the man to live through his first term, dig through Kamala's ass if you absolutely have to waste time on something.

Reactions: Dacon

SF Kosmo

...please disperse...
Jul 7, 2020
Taxes? Sure. I kind of care about the stuff on the laptop but the man's taxes?

I didn't care about that shit with Trump's and Biden's even less so, yeah. I don't expect the man to live through his first term, dig through Kamala's ass if you absolutely have to waste time on something.
My understanding is that this investigation was just about taxes and related financial stuff, yeah.

Last edited:
  • Triggered
Reactions: Bolivar687

cryptoadam

Banned
Feb 21, 2018
Interesting to see so much ink being spilled now over Russian disinformation and a story that is 100% made up BS.

Did Twitter censor this article and shut down the WSJ for reporting on hacked material?

QuantumZebra

Dec 5, 2013
Atlanta, GA
But 50 former intelligence officials told us that the entire Hunter Biden thing is fake and Russian disinformation. What now?

How do we know it's not?

The Trump and Clinton probes resulted in nothing but arrests for people who weren't them (I can't recall anyone arrested as a result of the Clinton probe but there may have been)

It's entirely likely this will end up with someone arrested who doesn't have a name ending in Biden

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
Feb 21, 2018

Whats interesting is that this was going on since 2018?

So it wasn't some huge secret then.

It makes the media covering this up even stupider.

I mean fine you can say Hunter didn't do anything wrong with his taxes, but the whole cover up that there was nothing there its Russian disinfo is just outright disingenuous. Especially the Tony B stuff which is directly related to this.

This actually means that the FBI was investigating Hunter during the sham impeachment, but was never mentioned either.

And lets not bullshit here, Trumps fake tax story where they misrepresented his tax returns was a huge story and even mentioned at the debates. So tax stories are a thing.

I wonder if they really are going to take Bizzle out on Jan 21 with this tax thing.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: DeepEnigma

Horns

I drop hot takes hoping you'll argue with me. Just ignore me.
Jun 23, 2010
This changes everything. How could we elect Hunter Biden in November?

GreenAlien

Jun 11, 2016
Is it or is it not normal practice to keep investigations secret to protect the innocent and when it could influence an election, for obvious reasons?
And yet, them not confirming that they were in fact investigating, influenced the election anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: cryptoadam

cryptoadam

Banned
Feb 21, 2018

Since 2018?

Reports say the investigation was begun in 2018, before Joe Biden announced his bid for the presidency.

Lets not forget the whole thing around Ukraine.

Not a little sus that during impeachment and the primaries none of this stuff came out?

I mean the media had no problem writing stories about Eric Trump giving a deposition about the Trump Organization.

Shouldn't this have been kept secret to protect the innocent and not influence the election? Obvious reasons?

• Fire
Reactions: Schrödinger's cat

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Mar 15, 2007
This changes everything. How could we elect Hunter Biden in November?
Don’t play stupid, a witness came out publicly saying that he was working for Joe and Hunter was just the business proxy. This is an investigation on Biden too, he hasn’t been cleared.