• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Audiophile Options For PS5 - Headphones, DAC, Etc.

Has anyone been using the Platinum headset for PS5? I have them and I've been wondering if I should get Pulse 3D or just use my Platinum's for the time being.

Edit. I'm European so I'm still waiting for my PS5. Will get it at launch 🤙🏻

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
Sony needs to add headphone profile to hdmi out. Definitely an artificial cock block.
Not artificial at all, this is why it’s hard to make new audio codecs in the entertainment world, you need to clear them with so many governing bodies of all the techs, it’s not like on a PC where you can jerry rig shit and even put out your own sound card or wacky addon like Creative has been doing for decades to make their audio experiments work.

When they figure out how to output it to TVs then the AVRS will be able to receive it too.

Dualsense can power 300ohm headset? I’m impressed. it’s a beast.
Powering it and “doable“ are two COMPLETELY different ball games, he said it’s OK but would be better with proper power.

Last edited:

Self

Not artificial at all, this is why it’s hard to make new audio codecs in the entertainment world,

Is it really a codec issue? The PS5 only has to send raw PCM data through HDMI. The conversion happens within the PS5, right?

I hope they fix it soon enough.

jaysius

Banned
Is it really a codec issue? The PS5 only has to send raw PCM data through HDMI. The conversion happens within the PS5, right?

I hope they fix it soon enough.

I think sending RAW would strip all the magic out. RAW is literally just that, a RAW unmodified stream directly from the system.

Tempest Audio is an audio that is manipulated and changed by the tempest chip.

This is what happens when you attempt to reinvent a wheel.

Last edited:

FrankWza

JDS Labs just added firmware revisions for all of their upgradeable DACs to downgrade them to UAC1 mode. I updated my Atom DAC and it works perfectly with the PS5. It is operating at full volume, left and right channels are properly output and the noise floor is super low.

nothing legacy that was updated to work over usb has enough volume right now. The Optical port removal was a terrible move.

bboris77

Neo Member
nothing legacy that was updated to work over usb has enough volume right now. The Optical port removal was a terrible move.
I have 2 Atom DACs - one for my PC and one for the PS5. I streamed the same YouTube test track (1kHz test tone) on both devices and used an RCA switcher to toggle between the two. I played the track using my amp/speakers and measured the sound level with a dB meter. PC was only 0.7dB louder at 85dB while the PS5 was at 84.3dB. So, it is more than loud enough to feed any headphone or speaker amp.

FrankWza

I have 2 Atom DACs - one for my PC and one for the PS5. I streamed the same YouTube test track (1kHz test tone) on both devices and used an RCA switcher to toggle between the two. I played the track using my amp/speakers and measured the sound level with a dB meter. PC was only 0.7dB louder at 85dB while the PS5 was at 84.3dB. So, it is more than loud enough to feed any headphone or speaker amp.

I meant Astro mixamps and arctis etc. that used optical. They’re now combining mic and sound into usb after a firmware update. They all sound too low.

FrankWza

In before 'not audiophile because wireless', but I have preordered the Audeze Penrose https://www.audeze.com/products/penrose-wireless-planar-magnetic-headset.

These are planars and I believe similar/same drivers to the mobius. They are supposed to be lossless/low latency and come with a usb adapter for whichever console you choose. I was looking for higher-end sound but wanted to go wireless for my PC and PS5. For the preorder price these seemed like a great deal for planars. Not quite audiophile but exactly what I was looking for.

did yours ship yet? I’m still waiting.

FrankWza

Has anyone mentioned these?

PC 38x? Supposed to be awesome but you’d have to go through dualsense or dac to use them. Right now only certain dacs are working. Legacy mixamps are coming in really low volume because of the USB firmware update.

Shably

Neo Member
I can confirm the G6 does connect to the ps5. Picks it up perfectly. Has to be connected to a rear USB port. The front USB picks up the G6 but will not play any sound.

FrankWza

I can confirm the G6 does connect to the ps5. Picks it up perfectly. Has to be connected to a rear USB port. The front USB picks up the G6 but will not play any sound.

that’s interesting. Did you turn off processing on the g6 and allow pass through? Which sounds better the g6 processing or tempest? I don’t have one so I’m not that familiar. Do you notice a difference in output when it’s connected to the PS5 vs a comp?

Antelope

Has anyone mentioned these?

I picked these up based on some recommendations here (Rambone and FrankWza) and the headfi forum (look up MadLustEnvy). Very, very happy with them. Super comfortable and the sound is both airy and has a satisfying bass, which works well for demon souls for things like a dragon roar. The 3d audio works well, but it’s subtle. More than once I had to take off my headset to make sure there wasn’t anyone else in the house with me, turns out it was a dreg hiding down the hall and shuffling around. I also use them for music during the day and I’m happy with their performance.

If you live in the US it’s a no brainer to me. You can return within 30 days, if for some reason you don’t like the sound. I imported them to Canada and don’t regret it for a second. It was a nice bonus that I didn’t have to pay customs or a DHL fee, which saved me 30-40 dollars. I wouldn’t count on that if you import, since it seems like total luck of the draw.

Shably

Neo Member
that’s interesting. Did you turn off processing on the g6 and allow pass through? Which sounds better the g6 processing or tempest? I don’t have one so I’m not that familiar. Do you notice a difference in output when it’s connected to the PS5 vs a comp?

I turned the processing off with the button on the side. Wish you could tell if tempest is actually working. The sound is incredible regardless in demon souls. Only game I’ve tested so far.

FrankWza

Can you compare Pulse 3D to Arctis 7p?
I rad the reviews for 7 non P - almost all of them noticed AWFUL sound, especially for the price.

i don’t have the 7p. I don’t believe there is a difference between any of the 7’s. I doubt they will sound any better or worse with similar processing/setup

i don’t have the 7p. I don’t believe there is a difference between any of the 7’s. I doubt they will sound any better or worse with similar processing/setup
Ouch. I can't decide between them. 7p is more comfortable, which is valuable. On other side buy P3D and you are good with PS5.

TexMex

Guess this is as good of a place as any to ask.

Trying to use the same soundbar on my PS5 that I did with my PS4. I always experienced a really annoying audio delay with it until I plugged an optical cable directly from the soundbar, to the PS4.

I can't do this with the PS5 because they removed the optical port.

Right now I'm running HDMI out of the soundbar and into the HDMI Arc port on the TV. Same issue though. It actually starts decent, and the audio slowly goes out of sync over time to the point where it's extremely noticeable. I can't take HDMI from the PS5 to the soundbar, and then another one from the soundbar to the TV, because my soundbar only has one HDMI port on it.

Any thoughts to fix horrible audio sync? I've tinkered with a couple TV options, put the audio in PCM but nothing seems to work. I'm by no means an audiophile though and have no clue what I'm doing. Any help appreciated!

Shably

Neo Member

Trying to use the same soundbar on my PS5 that I did with my PS4. I always experienced a really annoying audio delay with it until I plugged an optical cable directly from the soundbar, to the PS4.

Right now I'm running HDMI out of the soundbar and into the HDMI Arc port on the TV. Same issue though. It actually starts decent, and the audio slowly goes out of sync over time to the point where it's extremely noticeable. I can't take HDMI from the PS5 to the soundbar, and then another one from the soundbar to the TV, because my soundbar only has one HDMI port on it.

Any thoughts to fix horrible audio sync? I've tinkered with a couple TV options, put the audio in PCM but nothing seems to work. I'm by no means an audiophile though and have no clue what I'm doing. Any help appreciated!

What soundbar do you have?

could be tricky to fix. You wouldn’t want to connect the ps5 to the soundbar directly anyway as that could cause huge input lag.

FrankWza

Ouch. I can't decide between them. 7p is more comfortable, which is valuable. On other side buy P3D and you are good with PS5.

you can swap out the earpads if the 3d is too uncomfortable. They both use the goggle strap but the arctis is more adjustable. I’d go 3d for $99 over any 7 at $150

Probably an arc issue. Try going from your tv optical out to soundbar? So, hdmi from PS to tv, optical out to soundbar

TexMex

What soundbar do you have?

could be tricky to fix. You wouldn’t want to connect the ps5 to the soundbar directly anyway as that could cause huge input lag.

Really? I heard it would reduce it lol. That's always the problem with this stuff, everything feels so inconsistent.

Here is my soundbar:

you can swap out the earpads if the 3d is too uncomfortable. They both use the goggle strap but the arctis is more adjustable. I’d go 3d for $99 over any 7 at $150

Probably an arc issue. Try going from your tv optical out to soundbar? So, hdmi from PS to tv, optical out to soundbar

Thanks - I ordered a new optical cable and will try this next.

Last edited:

FrankWza

I turned the processing off with the button on the side. Wish you could tell if tempest is actually working. The sound is incredible regardless in demon souls. Only game I’ve tested so far.

can’t you just turn off g6 processing and enable tempest and try? Then, turn on g6 processing and disable tempest and try that way and compare.

jaysius

Banned

There should be a setting somewhere in the soundbar to adjust audio delay, it's not fun setting it up correctly, but when you do it's great.

OPTICAL from your PS5 to your soundbar HOWEVER you're doing it will NOT do PCM, the PS5 might OUTPUT the PCM but if you're using something in between to make it go to OPTICAL then you're not getting full PCM OUTPUT. You'll get a very compromised sound out of what FrankWza suggested. The fact that someone agreed with them, shows how little some members of gaf understand about audio fidelity. You're best bet if you're doing something like that, is try to set your PS5 to BIT STREAM(which is inferior) so you won't lose the greatest amount of audio detail.

S/PDIF is based on the AES3 interconnect standard.[3] S/PDIF can carry two channels of uncompressed PCM audio or compressed 5.1/7.1 surround sound (such as DTS audio codec); it cannot support lossless surround formats that require greater bandwidth.[4]

What all those words mean, is that whatever you're getting out of the OPTICAL in PCM MODE will ONLY BE STEREO 2.0 SOUND. If it "sounds like surround" that'll be your soundbar upmixing the 2.0 into halfassed simulated surround.

Here is factual support for the BITSTREAM concept I've mentioned, it's from the same reputable source.

A common use for the S/PDIF interface is to carry compressed digital audio for surround sound as defined by the standard IEC 61937. This mode is used to connect the output of a DVD player or computer, via optical or coax, to a home theatre amplifying receiver that supports Dolby Digital or DTS. Another common use is to carry two channels of uncompressed digital audio from a CD player to an amplifying receiver.

All this means is that if PS5 can bitstream, there's a CHANCE that it can take the audio from your TV to your soundbar via OPTICAL and possibly NOT strip it when it goes to the soundbar. The BEST you can get out of bitstream via optical is typically Dolby Digital or DTS, usually not the FULL STREAM meaning not the HD stream of those tracks.

Some TV's aren't great at carrying bitstreamed audio.

I looked in the manual for your Soundbar Sony sucks on this one hard, this is ALL THEY SAY about your issue.

The sound is not in sync with the image. î…ł When you are watching movies, you may hear the sound with a slight delay from the image.

That's literally what they say in the TROUBLESHOOTING for your device. It's basically *shrug* we dunno.

Bitstreaming the audio via HDMI and hoping the TV doesn't fuck with it on the way out is the ONLY way you'll get better fidelty sound.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
I didn’t mention any settings though. Just a physical setup. Processed and compressed audio in sync is better than delayed audio. It’s a soundbar anyway, how much of a difference is it really going to make?

Sorry I was a bit harsh, but you've been handing out not 100% true audio advice in this thread and other places on gaf.

The best way to help people is to learn about what you're trying to help them with YOURSELF so that you're not talking out of your asshole and leading people astray.

The HDMI output from the PS5 to that sound bar would be PCM, the output with your suggested setup is 2.0 AT BEST. It's stripping out the LFE channel. This is a HUGE difference even though it's "ONLY A SOUNDBAR" they're capable of fidelity.

latest versions of HDMI, 2.0 and up, can support audio bandwidth of up to 192 kHz and 32 channels. Optical, on the other hand, is usually restricted to 96 kHz.

If you wanted to help you would have taken the seconds like I did to look up his device and see if there were any possible solutions via either other people's trouble shooting or the devices OWN troubleshooting. Not telling them to go out and spend money WITHOUT considering other options first.

There is no way for him to adjust audio sync in his setup via HDMI, Optical might also have Sync issues.

Audio things are complicated, hopefully you and the person I was trying to help learned something from all this.

I posted the quotes and explained them fully. Now I've further explained why HDMI audio output is superior.

Last edited:

FrankWza

but you've been handing out not 100% audio advice in this thread and other places on gaf.
As long as my 80% is accurate I’ve answered the question. I’m not going to go in depth on other people systems and present them with each and every scenario they may encounter. That’s going to happen with every audio system. He can figure that out on his own or come back and ask. Again, audio is better than no audio or out of sync audio.
"ONLY A SOUNDBAR"
If you’re going to use quotes, should you be quoting? Because I didn’t say that. It’s not going to make that big of a difference if any.
It's stripping out the LFE channel
the dedicated LFE? Perhaps, but his sub will still work with processing if set up correctly. You don’t know which tv he has and what processing it can do.
There is no way for him to adjust audio sync in his setup via HDMI, Optical might also have Sync issues.
then why are you suggesting anything but optical? Isn’t that what I suggested? He’s going to have to try to find out, isn’t he?
Audio things are complicated, hopefully you and the person I was trying to help learned something from all this.
ive knew of and now confirmed your extreme cuntiness. It comes through in every post and laughing emoji you make. That’s your M.O. when you feel like a dick you laugh emoji and run away or google things and copy paste and try to sound intelligent. Congratulations. All of this comes down to arc is annoying and unreliable and he’s going to have to try an optical cable from his tv to soundbar. The difference is, I tried cutting out the bs, and you revel in it because you fancy yourself a sound engineer and want to further confuse an already complicated situation. It’s the equivalent of all the architecture experts who thought the x was more powerful than the PS5 and now disappeared. I’m far from an expert like you though.

jaysius

Banned
the dedicated LFE? Perhaps, but his sub will still work with processing if set up correctly. You don’t know which tv he has and what processing it can do.

S/PDIF is based on the AES3 interconnect standard.[3] S/PDIF can carry two channels of uncompressed PCM audio or compressed 5.1/7.1 surround sound (such as DTS audio codec); it cannot support lossless surround formats that require greater bandwidth.[4]

If he uses BITSTREAM(if that's an option on the PS5) then he MIGHT get the LFE channel, if the TV itself DOES NOT just strip that all away and just output 2.0 to the soundbar, this is VERY POSSIBLE as TV's aren't great passthroughs.

Here's ANOTHER LESSON. LFE is the X.1 part of the audio when we're talking surround. So 5.1 surround is 5 audio channels and 1 LFE channel which is the bass LFE=low frequency effect. IF you have a 5.2 system then then person has 2 subwoofers in their system.

You're calling me a cunt, which is hilarious, I'm trying to educate you and you're denigrating me, ok that's your level cool, good humaning there bro dog. You're further posts show that you haven't learned anything from my very well worded response. Unlike this nonsense you're spouting about console war threads and people getting retarded about how little they know about console hardware architecture. AUDIO standards are STANDARDS for a REASON ,they do work exactly how I've stated, the wikipedia articles have footnotes and full references. It's something that you CAN LEARN and UNDERSTAND FULLY you don't need to be an "AUDIO ENGINEER" this shit is simple... if you take the 5 seconds to understand it.

I supported what I was saying with factual information and then broke down the mumbo jumbo into something UNDERSTANDABLE.

Copy and paste things to sound intelligent? Like facts? Sorry I don't operate in the "pull it out of my asshole" world.

Last edited:

FrankWza

if that's an option on the PS5
Based on this I should have stopped reading since the thread title has Options For PS5 In it.
your walls of texts aremeaningless. You’re not teaching anyone anything. You’re trying to over information people so you feel better about yourself. All of that text you wrote and the one sentence I wrote mean the same thing: he needs to try an optical cable to get his system to sync up. That’s it. The best part of all this is, you don’t even have a PS5. Hahahahaha

jaysius

Banned
Based on this I should have stopped reading since the thread title has Options For PS5 In it.
your walls of texts aremeaningless. You’re not teaching anyone anything. You’re trying to over information people so you feel better about yourself. All of that text you wrote and the one sentence I wrote mean the same thing: he needs to try an optical cable to get his system to sync up. That’s it. The best part of all this is, you don’t even have a PS5. Hahahahaha

Holy shit, over information people? By explaining the basics so that anyone can understand them?

Looks like you over informationed yourself in school.

I apologized to you early on here, I guess you don't understand those either.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned

Don't feed the troll.

Phear

Have the Pulse 3D, my DT880 Pro and new DT770 Pro 32 Ohm.

Pulse 3D sounds very open and "light". Good traceability of sounds, but soundquality wise a little lacking. Returning those.

DT880 Pro: My usual Hifi-Cans for Music listerning. Dualsense seems to struggle a bit with them. Hard to describe, but I feel they're lacking some punch and some clarity.

DT770 Pro 32 Ohm: Awesome. Your giving up a little soundstage-wideness, but gaining so much. They sound very "full", with deep lows and clear highs. Traceability / locating sounds is a little worse than the Pulse 3D, but you still have plenty directional feel.

I'd definitely recommend some solid, low Impedance Hifi-Headphones over the Pulse 3D, but I can still imagine a lot of people being happy with the latter.

FrankWza

If anyone has DeS and wants to test tempest with different setups I have what I think is a good spot. I backed up a save onlords path and just go back and test whenever I want to try a different setup. Any dragons overhead or fire attacks and swooping in are a pretty good test. You can turn your character around to get different effects as well. Both on the upper landing and on the bridge itself.

DertieBertie

Neo Member
I'm a little confused with this whole 3D Audio stuff. For years I've used an Astro Mixamp which takes 5.1 surround sound and creates virtual surround via dolby digital. This applied to everything I played and was very good.

Does 3D surround work in the same way? How does it work? Does it work with every game? I've been trying it on Apex Legends via 3.5mm from the dualsense and it sounds fine but I'm not sure it's "3D" or virtual surround. I do have the option selected. It's hard to explain but usually wotj virtual surround I feel like I can hear everything in both ears - even if the sound is from the right behind me for example. But on apex with the dualsense I feel like it's much louder on the side the sounds coming from and almost like it cuts off from the opposite side.

Maybe I'm just imagining it... Does it work with every game?

Last edited:

FrankWza

Does it work with every game?

It works on every game but is optimized for some. Basically, anything released for PS5 has a good chance at being optimized. Everything else like BC games it will work but the results will vary. Could be that the optimized games are using the chip and it’s coded in. The other games it just uses tempest processing like any other processing. This is how I understand it to work based on Cernys comments.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I have a pair of headsets that I love but they plug directly into the PS4 via USB cable.

That worked fine gaming on a small TV but I'm looking to upgrade to a 50 inch.

Is there any attachment I can buy to double my USB cable length? Or to just give me an extra few feet?

jaysius

Banned
I have a pair of headsets that I love but they plug directly into the PS4 via USB cable.

Is there any attachment I can buy to double my USB cable length? Or to just give me an extra few feet?

Yup USB extenders are very common, shouldn't cost you too much, you might even be able to find one at a dollar store.

Just to give you an idea of what you're looking for.

Last edited:

travisktl

JDS Labs just added firmware revisions for all of their upgradeable DACs to downgrade them to UAC1 mode. I updated my Atom DAC and it works perfectly with the PS5. It is operating at full volume, left and right channels are properly output and the noise floor is super low.

Went with your recommendation, and ordered the Atom DAC and amp. This sounds amazing with the HD650! Perfect setup for the PS5, in my opinion. For a little over $200, this is hard to beat for higher end headphones.

FrankWza

mare you planning on using these for PS5? If you are I would suggest you try the headphones on the PS5 first. You may end up needing a new setup entirely. Audio out from USB is really low right now.

I'd also throw the new Razer black shark V2 Pro into the mix. Better sound than the 7P and is very comfortable. Mic quality is good. I know Razer has a bad rep, but these new headsets are actually very good. Coming from a hyperX cloud flight the sound quality is noticeably better on the PS5. I'm noticing the positional audio more and it seems to have more punch in the lower end. Micro USB kind of sucks but I just run one of those magnetic adapters so it doesn't really matter to me (highly recommend anyone with a wireless headset pick them up, makes charging a breeze).

Sausy1987

I got the Steelseries 7x because of all the positive reviews around them . Worked unreal with Xbox series x but I was very pissed off when I used them with ps5 And chat mix didn’t work . Not ONE review I read or watched had warned me chat mix doesn’t work with them on ps5 . Although I can manually change it on ps5 menu during Cold War

FrankWza

I got the Steelseries 7x because of all the positive reviews around them . Worked unreal with Xbox series x but I was very pissed off when I used them with ps5 And chat mix didn’t work . Not ONE review I read or watched had warned me chat mix doesn’t work with them on ps5 . Although I can manually change it on ps5 menu during Cold War

yeah, the only one that had a chance to work with PS5 was going to be the 7 and even that does not. The only way to have tempest and chatmix right now is with a Sony PS headset or USB adapter from silver. Otherwise you need to go into menu.
you would want the original 7 for justPS5. It’s the only one that has chatmix.
I said it here and a few other threads. Even the 7, with a chatmix dial, doesn’t work. I just couldn’t confirm 7 wasn’t going to work until I had the PS5. 7 p has a sidetone dial and 7x works with both but chatmix only on series x. On some headsets, there is a workaround to get chatmix but you will lose tempest and need to use the processing from the headsets dongle or base station

Sausy1987

yeah, the only one that had a chance to work with PS5 was going to be the 7 and even that does not. The only way to have tempest and chatmix right now is with a Sony PS headset or USB adapter from silver. Otherwise you need to go into menu.

I said it here and a few other threads. Even the 7, with a chatmix dial, doesn’t work. I just couldn’t confirm 7 wasn’t going to work until I had the PS5. 7 p has a sidetone dial and 7x works with both but chatmix only on series x. On some headsets, there is a workaround to get chatmix but you will lose tempest and need to use the processing from the headsets dongle or base station
A lot of hassle for nothing . Might trade in my Sony gold headset and buy the pulse headset .

Peter2448

Neo Member
I am also looking for a way to get decent audio on the PS5(which I don't have yet but I try to get it...) with an audiophile headphone(Beyerdynamics DT990).

One has lot of possible options:

1. Plug HP into the Dualsense
  2. Plug HP into the 3,5mm audio jack from your TV(if it has one)
  3. Buy an DAC/AMP which is supported by PS5(through USB) like Creative G6 and use your HP with it. PS5 ->Creative G6->HP
  4. Buy a more versatile HP AMP/DAC like Toxjie D30, Fiio(K5 Pro, E10k,..),Toppings Dx3... and link everything like this: PS5 ->HDMI ->TV->TOSLINK ->AMP/DAC -> HP

For me there are some problems:

Problem with options 2 and 4 is the fact, that you won't get 3D audio for now. Sony will make it available for TVs sometime, but the audio is made for the TV speakers so i don't know how this will play out.

Problem with option 1 is that you probably can't take full advantage of your headset. I have read it here and there that your headphones probably can reach a higher volume level than on the Dualshock 4 but I don't think that "Loud enough" = "high quality".

From this point of view it maybe would be best to consider option 3 but I've read that the G6 is not really qualitative(at least not as much as something like the Toxjie D30, Fiio K5 Pro or Toppings DX3). One could just go for option 4 but for now I don't really know if 3D audio lives up to the hype... so for know I am unsure.

I am not an expert by any means. This is my summary on the posts I could find in several forums so please correct me if i am wrong. Maybe I also overlooked some disadvantages of some of the options...

Last edited:

FrankWza

A lot of hassle for nothing . Might trade in my Sony gold headset and buy the pulse headset .
On the fly chatmix is a tough feature to lose. But I don’t think it will ever work with 7x on ps5. In the 3d pulse thread someone said they are a big step up from gold and someone else said they aren’t. Headphones are tough because a lot comes down to fit. I don’t love the arctis 7 and think the pulse 3d is a much better option for $50 less than Arctis. Especially with all the features you get. I think platinum sounds better than both except for the mic which picks up a lot of background noise. But you get all the pulse features.
Maybe I also overlooked some disadvantages of some of the options...
Pretty much where we’re at right now.
bypassing tempest through an optical amp gives you VSS processing from your amp and chatmix will be available again if the amp supports it. I’d just wait and see if Sony puts more power into the USB ports if that’s even possible. If you have a portable amp put it between your 990 and dualsense and hope there’s no feedback. If you have a mod mic you can still use it by amping one side from your splitter. That’s what I’m doing now while I wait for penrose.

RealGhost

Neo Member
So are the G6X and the GDS Labs equipment the only item that work with the ps5 that have UAC1 standard..
Btw, I'm trying to get a setup where I can have my pc plugged to my amp/dac and my ps5. I'm hoping someone here can help me because this mess is really confusing for me

FrankWza

So are the G6X and the GDS Labs equipment the only item that work with the ps5 that have UAC1 standard..
Btw, I'm trying to get a setup where I can have my pc plugged to my amp/dac and my ps5. I'm hoping someone here can help me because this mess is really confusing for me

that’s going to be a mess of wires. Optical splitters and an hdmi splitter for ps5 unless you’re connected to a tv or monitor that does optical out. Still a lot of wired but less than needing an hdmi splitter. That’s the only way you’ll be able to keep chatmix because you’ll need the usb to give you mic functionality.

Top Bottom