• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August 2016 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes September 8th

noobie

Banned
came here to see if there is any retail impression for PS4 S vs XBOX S. and which platform is going to win September..

came here to see if there is any retail impression for PS4 S vs XBOX S. and which platform is going to win September..

We got some retail impressions from Abdiel, but he posted most of those in the PS4 Pro threads, especially in the "PS4 Pro has no 4k Blu-Ray" thread.

Now, about who's going to win September, I have no doubt that Sony is going to win this month quite easily even if PS4 Pro sales (pre-orders) are not considered by NPD for this month. Not only because there's a new SKU, but mainly because OG PS4 was heavily discounted.

But of course we'll debate about that in the September predicitons thread which donny is going to post quite soon.

We got some retail impressions from Abdiel, but he posted most of those in the PS4 Pro threads, especially in the "PS4 Pro has no 4k Blu-Ray" thread.

Now, about who's going to win September, I have no doubt that Sony is going to win this month quite easily even if PS4 Pro sales (pre-orders) are not considered by NPD for this month. Not only because there's a new SKU, but mainly because OG PS4 was heavily discounted.

But of course we'll debate about that in the September predicitons thread which donny is going to post quite soon.

I dunno... The Xbone deals have been nuts this week.

gtj1092

It's hard to find a single week in 2016 where XBOX One wasn't heavily discounted, while Sony started it's first real fire sale not before the announcement of the PS4 Slim.

Is it really a fire sale if the slim and OG are the same price? Plus it seems like it's just the annual yearly $50 price cut. Unless of course there are some crazy deals I haven't seen. The lowest I've seen is $279 for a few days on Amazon.

I thought Cerny said Knack was done by a comparatively small team.

That brings up something I'd been wondering about the SlimBone… Looking at the wall of shame for the OT, it seems like mostly the usual suspects. Do we have any data on how many SlimBone buyers already had a Bone, either here at GAF or among the general population? SlimBone has certainly caused a lot of excitement, but I'm not sure how much excitement it's really causing outside of the XBox camp. It seems like the vast majority of XBox fans around here are trading up, so who does that leave actually buying in to the ecosystem? Have there been any surveys or polls?

What do we know about it?

<3

Good question. Seems like live demos are really the only way to sell this thing, especially if the focus is on increasing resolution over other enhancements.

Da fuck am I actually reading?

A wall of shame for the OT?!

Fucking hell.....

Da fuck am I actually reading?

A wall of shame for the OT?!

Fucking hell.....
My experience on GAF is that "wall of shame" is used as a sarcastic shorthand term for the "number of posts per user in this thread" report. It doesn't indicate either agreement or disagreement with the discussion. Posters will use the term about their own appearance on the list, for example.

Top Bottom