• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Hasney

aacf5c46125be78ff1aa93031b7e8cce627f6b39_hq.gif

strowman_stretcher_toss.gif

tenor.gif

Early thread because you madmen and madwomen went over the limit with mere days to spare and didn't bother to create a new thread for 150 posts.

uSuL2UQ.gif

There's even more climaxing in August!

July 29 in Aichi, 5AM (A Block)

Tetsuya Naito vs. Tomohiro Ishii
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. YOSHI-HASHI
Hirooki Goto vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
Kota Ibushi vs. Bad Luck Fale
Togi Makabe vs. Yuji Nagata

July 30 in Gifu, 3:30AM (B Block)

Kenny Omega vs. Satoshi Kojima
Kazuchika Okada vs. Juice Robinson
Michael Elgin vs. SANADA
Minoru Suzuki vs. Tama Tonga
EVIL vs. Toru Yano

August 1 in Kagoshima, 5:30AM (A Block)

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kota Ibushi
Tomohiro Ishii vs. Yuji Nagata
YOSHI-HASHI vs. Bad Luck Fale
Tetsuya Naito vs. Hirooki Goto
Togi Makabe vs. Zack Sabre Jr.

August 2 in Fukuoka, 5:30AM (B Block)

Kenny Omega vs. EVIL
Minoru Suzuki vs. Satoshi Kojima
Kazuchika Okada vs. Tama Tonga
SANADA vs. Juice Robinson
Michael Elgin vs. Toru Yano

August 4 in Ehime, 6AM (A Block)

Tetsuya Naito vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Togi Makabe
Kota Ibushi vs. Yuji Nagata
Hirooki Goto vs. YOSHI-HASHI
Tomohiro Ishii vs. Bad Luck Fale

August 5 in Osaka, 4AM (B Block)

Kazuchika Okada vs. EVIL
Satoshi Kojima vs. SANADA
Minoru Suzuki vs. Michael Elgin
Tama Tonga vs. Toru Yano
Kenny Omega vs. Juice Robinson

August 6 in Shizuoka, 3AM (A Block)

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Tomohiro Ishii
Tetsuya Naito vs. Togi Makabe
Hirooki Goto vs. Bad Luck Fale
Kota Ibushi vs. YOSHI-HASHI
Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Yuji Nagata

August 8 in Kanagawa, 5:30AM (B Block)

Kazuchika Okada vs. Minoru Suzuki
Kenny Omega vs. SANADA
Juice Robinson vs. Toru Yano
Michael Elgin vs. EVIL
Satoshi Kojima vs. Tama Tonga

August 11 at Ryōgoku Sumo Hall, 5:30AM (Final A Block show, English Commentary)

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Tetsuya Naito
Kota Ibushi vs. Hirooki Goto
Tomohiro Ishii vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
Bad Luck Fale vs. Yuji Nagata
Togi Makabe vs. YOSHI-HASHI

August 12 at Ryōgoku Sumo Hall, 5:30AM (Final B Block show, English Commentary)

Kazuchika Okada vs. Kenny Omega
Minoru Suzuki vs. Toru Yano
Tama Tonga vs. SANADA
Michael Elgin vs. Juice Robinson
Satoshi Kojima vs. EVIL

August 13 at Ryōgoku Sumo Hall, 2AM (G1 Climax 27 Finals,English Commentary)

IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Championship: The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson and Nick Jackson) (c) vs. Taguchi Japan (Ryusuke Taguchi and Ricochet)
IWGP Tag Team Championship: War Machine (Raymond Rowe and Hanson) (c) vs. Bullet Club (Cody and Hangman Page)
G1 Climax 27 Finals: A Block winner vs. B Block winner

c50a4-1501081339-800.jpg

I hope you like multi-man matches!

SUMrw9a.png

New Japan - The top Japanese promotion. On Demand streaming service with all major events streamed live, some with English commentary.
http://njpwworld.com - 999¥/month

EVOLVE - Arguably the top US indy currently. Close relationship with WWE, a lot of their cruiserweight crop have come through. New On Demand service run by FloSports, gives you access to the WWN family of events, with a large on demand library dating back to 2003 and live streamed events from EVOLVE, FIP, ACW, and all women promotion SHINE.
http://www.floslam.tv/events - $20/month or $150/year

PWG - Arguably the top US indy currently. Less of a traditional promotion, PWG is a hangout for wrestlers across the indies to go all out and have fun. Shows can be exhausting, and the delay from show to release is maddening. Worth it.
http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/merch/ - $15/DVD $20/Blu-Ray On Demand/Never

PROGRESS - The top of the bustling UK indy scene (I'm biased.) More of a storyline focus than a lot of indies, with great matches and a hot crowd. You're missing out. Get on it.
https://demandprogress.pivotshare.com/ - $7.49/month

Rev Pro - Pairs the top level British talent with the top indy stars from the US, and through a partnership with New Japan, the top Japanese stars.
https://rpwondemand.pivotshare.com/ - $8.49/month

ROH - Ring of Honor was historically the #2 or 3 promotion in the US, but the lustre has gone as of late. Bull Dempsey main eventing in 2016 is all you need to know. There are a lot of talented guys there however, as well as a New Japan partnership. Their back catalog still holds up.
Past Events @ http://rohwrestling.com/membership - $7.99/month Weekly TV every Thursday @ http://rohwrestling.com/tv/current/Free Current PPV's $15-35/show

Lucha Underground - A TV show about a Wrestling show. Great matches with Lucha stars, combined with TV style drama and stories.
El Rey Network, SlingTV or US iTunes - $40/26 episode season

Stardom - The top Joshi all women's promotion in Japan currently. On Demand streaming service with English subtitled content.
http://www.stardom-world.com/ - 750¥/month

Highspots Wrestling Network - back catalog PWG, current AAW and wXw On Demand, along side shoots, some CZW, a fucking ocean of content.
https://www.highspotswrestlingnetwork.com/ - $9.99/month

DDT - Batshit insane home of patron saint of Flipvember, and wonderful human, Kota Ibushi. On Demand service launching in January, includes new shows from DDT, BASARA, Tokyo Joshi Pro and Ganbare Pro-Wrestling, as well as DDT special events (outdoor shows) and archives. You all need Kota Ibushi wrestling Sami Zayn in a campsite in your lives.
http://ddtuniverse.com/ - 900¥/month

SHIMMER - Top US women's promotion. Has hosted the likes of Beth Phoenix, Becky Lynch, Paige, Asuka, Natalya, Mickie James, Ember Moon, Blue Pants, Nikki Cross and more. No On Demand, which is frustrating, as is their release schedule. They're currently about a year and a half behind.
https://shimmerwrestling.blogspot.co.uk/p/dvds.html - $15/DVD

Dragon Gate - Japanese promotion focused around speed and factions. The process for watching their live events is complicated, and documented below.
http://www.f4wonline.com/japan/how-w...d-ippvs-204481 - 1500-2700¥/event

AAA - Lucha promotion, many of it's stars are featured in Lucha Underground.
Clips and shows posted to https://www.youtube.com/user/luchalibreaaatv

CMLL - World's oldest promotion, lucha libre.
"http://www.clarosports.com/en-vivo02 I think on fridays, and streams on youtube too for the Monday and Tuesday shows: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3l..._j4PGXWLNTt4iQ"

ICW - Staunchly adult focused wrestling from Scotland. The attitude era worship is evident, and may not be for everyone. That said, a lot of great UK talent, and weekly TV show content as well as live events. They're about to run the same venue WWE is taping TV in, and for an indy, that merits attention.
https://icwondemand.pivotshare.com/ - $6.99/month

Others: AAW, AIW, CHIKARA, Fight Club Pro, ATTACK!, WCPW, CZW, WXW, AJPW, NOAH, Freelance, IPW:UK, Pro Wrestling EVE, OTT, SMASH

tumblr_oo49gzk4Oc1rwgmsfo5_400.gif

Bo Dallas: We've been to the moon, but Armstrong didn't get there. That was staged!

Braun:
tumblr_oitpytLrhS1u1ljrzo2_540.gif

f11047ef34d29a1d68fa5d2a2f9f8d022b940f3a_hq.gif

A7EtD92.png

GWF 6: The Never Ending Climax
Date: Monday, July 31st, 2017
Time: 7:00PM Eastern/6:00PM Central/12:00AM London
Where: Live from the Z-Pak Zone on www.twitch.tv/sephzilla - Replay will be available on YouTube

t1501542000z2.png

xc6eQuJ.png

Huge matches fill a stacked GWF6 card as all of the championships are on the line, two #1 contenderships are on the line, GWF holds its first ever Elimination Chamber match, and two of the winningest undefeated superstars in GWF clash for the biggest prize in the game. Will the entire status quo of GWF's championship scene change dramatically? Will the never ending title reign of Beefy continue on?

GWF Tag Team Championshp
The Huggers of Destruction (Zach & Biggest-Geek-Ever) vs The New Nation of Domination (Bronx-Man & Kornflayx) [c]

Singles Match
RecRoulette vs SomewhatGroovy

Singles Match
Sinitar vs Serpentine

Submission Match
DMczaf vs BronsonLee

The BewareTheBatsie Winless Open Challenge
Mahonay vs BewareTheBatsie

B+ Championship #1 Contender Match
OwensIsNow vs Syder

GWF B+ Championship
Ithil vs RBH vs Tall4Life [c]

Extreme Rules Match
imBask vs sf2fanatic

World Title #1 Contender Elimination Chamber Match
FallingEdge vs Empyrean Heaven vs Professor Beef vs korly vs Recall vs Hasney

GWF World Championship
FlammableD vs Beefy [c]

Uv36JAY.gif

Continuing this convo from the other thread:

They would ruin Pentagon in 5 seconds.

Eh, maybe or maybe not. It's more likely that they would. But we'll never know for sure. There's a ton of guys WWE was "going to ruin" that have turned out great in either NXT or even on the main roster sometimes.

*forced to cut promo in buttfuck, Indiana*
I am Pentagon Zero fear!
*WHAT?!*
My name comes from the fact that I have no fear
*WHAT?!*
*DUN DUN
DUN DUN
DUN DUN
DUN DUN*
*Jobs to Big Dawg in front of half sold out arena*

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I am Pentagon Zero fear!
*WHAT?!*
*WHAT?!*
*DUN DUN
DUN DUN
DUN DUN
DUN DUN*

BALEE DAT

kO2dQ.jpg

"Cops have a more dangerous job than ever"

tumblr_static_5mxpyg8gw1s0ks4s0ckg0ccg8.gif

"Trump supports LGBTQ rights"

"Give Cody Rhodes the IWGP Heavyweight title and NJPW can become more popular than WWE"

"False flag"

"Free"

"Bootstraps"

WCW

I just don't see how people can still act like they know with certainty how a guy would do in WWE one way or the other. Owens, Zayn, Nakamura, AJ, Seth, Dean, Bryan, Joe, Asuka, and on and on. There are countless examples of guys who everyone was sure was gonna be "ruined" or "be a jobber" or "get turned into a joke" in WWE, and yet there are a lot of those guys that went on to have success and be pushed. Now of course there are guys who they fuck up and fail with, tons of them, but that doesn't invalidate the successes.

All I'm saying is we can never be too presumptuous.

OMG

Pro Wrestling Sheet said:
He also goes on about a race of giants and says they may live inside the center of the earth with the reptilian people, but concedes that his brother Bray Wyatt knows more about that.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA

Listen to the full episode below … which includes Dallas’ full theories on reptilian people, hollow earth and JFK. Plus, Jericho’s adamant denial of the moon landing — despite meeting Buzz Aldrin.

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHA

Egg0

Banned
"Well before we talk about the race of giants that may live inside the center of the Earth, lets talk about this weeks sponsor, Squarespace....."

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Owens, Zayn, Nakamura, AJ, Seth, Dean, Bryan, Joe, Asuka

- Owens is fine.
- Zayn is buried beyond the center of the earth, he's currently chilling with Bo's giant friends.
- Nakamura just had the worst match of this career, crowds are already going dead when he comes out.
- AJ was fed to Cena and then turned into a midcarder despite being the best talent they have.
- Seth... you can't ruin what's already awful.
- Dean has been wrestling The Miz for like 17 years straight.
- Bryan they tried their hardest to ruin, kudos to him for overcoming that.
- Joe had a real bad start, but they've turned it around. We'll see if they actually maintain that or not.
- Asuka is fine, but then again Vince doesn't have his shit stained fingers in NXT as far as I'm aware. Let's see how it goes when she joins Raw.

Who was it here that said, "no one smart gets into pro wrestling"?

I mean it's a job in which your end game is being horribly hobbled physically, suffering from some amount of brain damage, and the odds of you getting through all that with any kind of money saved up for retirement is slim to none.

Not surprised that Jericho doesn't believe in the moon landing.

I am Pentagon Zero fear!
*WHAT?!*
*WHAT?!*
*DUN DUN
DUN DUN
DUN DUN
DUN DUN*

I spit out my drink.

- Owens is fine.
- Zayn is buried beyond the center of the earth, he's currently chilling with Bo's giant friends.
- Nakamura just had the worst match of this career, crowds are already going dead when he comes out.
- AJ was fed to Cena and then turned into a midcarder despite being the best talent they have.
- Seth... you can't ruin what's already awful.
- Dean has been wrestling The Miz for like 17 years straight.
- Bryan they tried their hardest to ruin, kudos to him for overcoming that.
- Joe had a real bad start, but they've turned it around. We'll see if they actually maintain that or not.
- Asuka is fine, but then again Vince doesn't have his shit stained fingers in NXT as far as I'm aware. Let's see how it goes when she joins Raw.

Yeah, Zayn, the guy who is on TV every week and wins more than he loses, is buried.

Crowds don't care about Nakamura? What show are you watching? The reaction to the announcement of him against Cena was big. And that's going to be a hot match. And he's selling merchandise. Far, far, far from dead.

"Fed to Cena and turned into a midcarder". Uh huh. That's why he was in a featured WM match, held the world title for five months, beat Cena clean, and main events TV basically every week. Real midcarder there. Was Cena "turned into a midcarder" by holding the US title?

Seth and Dean are still over regardless.

Joe is made now. Crowds love him and react to him and Vince likes him.

The bottom line is that whether WWE is trying to ruin them or not, some guys succeed there that people expect to fail. Whether it's because of WWE or in spite of them. Success is success.

I thought we were cool Tom.

Why you gotta do me like that

Because it's really tedious/really not worth it to argue if someone's legitimately doing fine or not if it can immediately be countered with "well, they're getting a reaction!"

Reigns is getting a reaction too, so it can't be argued that he's over. He's gotta be doing fine too then.

Brooklyn Brawler always got a reaction.

Silence can be considered a reaction, so Maria and Bennett are getting a reaction. Anything can be a reaction, so everyone's doing just fine and nothing needs change or improvement.

Because it's really tedious/really not worth it to argue if someone's legitimately doing fine or not if it can immediately be countered with "well, they're getting a reaction!"

Reigns is getting a reaction too, so it can't be argued that he's over. He's gotta be doing fine too then.

Brooklyn Brawler always got a reaction.

Silence can be considered a reaction, so Bennett's getting a reaction. Anything can be a reaction, so everyone's doing just fine and nothing needs change or improvement.

Well my main point isn't that everyone is doing the best they can be. It's simply that there's a space somewhere between "ruined"/"buried" and "used perfectly" that still constitutes success. And I think most of those guys occupy that space.

Sorry if my arguing bothers you. Or anybody here for that matter. Not trying to do that. Just trying to have discussion.

somedevil

Well my main point isn't that everyone is doing the best they can be. It's simply that there's a space somewhere between "ruined"/"buried" and "used perfectly" that still constitutes success. And I think most of those guys occupy that space.

Sorry if my arguing bothers you. Or anybody here for that matter. Not trying to do that. Just trying to have discussion.

Don't apologize for wanting to have a discussion.

Top Bottom