• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Oh shit! Jason Jordan at tonight's house show
DF3CWFcVYAA2e9g.jpg:small

Well my main point isn't that everyone is doing the best they can be. It's simply that there's a space somewhere between "ruined"/"buried" and "used perfectly" that still constitutes success. And I think most of those guys occupy that space.

Sorry if my arguing bothers you. Or anybody here for that matter. Not trying to do that. Just trying to have discussion.

Don't apologize for trying to have a discussion! My issue was just that particular argument usually seems like the quickest way to stifle any legitimate points made, and I thought its use here was just as more of the same. That was my fault if that wasn't the case, and I'm sorry no matter what for coming off antagonistic

Don't apologize for trying to have a discussion! My issue was just that particular argument usually seems like the quickest way to stifle any legitimate points made, and I thought its use here was just as more of the same. That was my fault if that wasn't the case, and I'm sorry no matter what for coming off antagonistic

Yeah, I'm not trying to immediately write off anyone's point of view. At the end of the day it's all subjective what we think. Just trying to explain why I see it differently.

All is good, friend.

Finally gonna watch SSS 16 tonight.

Vote for Omega on that poll thing. Get Omega in wwe!

Meltzer says barring a crazy offer, he's staying at least until the Bucks' contracts expire in January 2019.

So WWE would have to do something insane like a seven figure downside or creative control.

Bucks I definitely see going to WWE eventually, but not until they feel like they have only a year or two left. One last big payday for a place to retire

And I definitely expect them to retire there because they won't like any attempt at being broken up, and they won't be able to avoid that fate forever if they stay active

Braun's finish should be the Powerslam with the opponent facing the other way.

That's the Sweeney av from when he was a heel.

Bucks I definitely see going to WWE eventually, but not until they feel like they have only a year or two left. One last big payday for a place to retire

And I definitely expect them to retire there because they won't like any attempt at being broken up, and they won't be able to avoid that fate forever if they stay active

Depends. Some teams stay together if Vince sees no money in them as individuals. Like The Usos for instance.

Foggy

I just don't see how people can still act like they know with certainty how a guy would do in WWE one way or the other. Owens, Zayn, Nakamura, AJ, Seth, Dean, Bryan, Joe, Asuka, and on and on. There are countless examples of guys who everyone was sure was gonna be "ruined" or "be a jobber" or "get turned into a joke" in WWE, and yet there are a lot of those guys that went on to have success and be pushed. Now of course there are guys who they fuck up and fail with, tons of them, but that doesn't invalidate the successes.

All I'm saying is we can never be too presumptuous.

You also have different standards and ruin can refer to their personal success or it could refer to their quality of work.

Personally I'd say Kenta, Tommy End, Hero, Tozawa, and Nak have all been ruined. Ruined to the point where I don't care to watch their matches anymore. Even a relative successe like Asuka is having diet Kana matches.

You also have different standards and ruin can refer to their personal success or it could refer to their quality of work.

Personally I'd say Kenta, Tommy End, Hero, Tozawa, and Nak have all been ruined. Ruined to the point where I don't care to watch their matches anymore. Even a relative successe like Asuka is having diet Kana matches.

I mean totally it comes down to preferences and standards. I touched on that in another post. I think End has had a good run so far in NXT. I loved his match with Fish. Same with Asuka. I've enjoyed pretty much all of her major matches. The Ohno/Itami program has kept my interest. I just have lower standards for success and watchability I guess. lol

Maybe if WWE had some semblance of organization in their booking and some compelling programs, it wouldn't feel like 90% of the roster just go out, have a match, and feel like they job because it doesn't mean anything.

Foggy

I mean totally it comes down to preferences and standards. I touched on that in another post. I think End has had a good run so far in NXT. I loved his match with Fish. Same with Asuka. I've enjoyed pretty much all of her major matches. The Ohno/Itami program has kept my interest. I just have lower standards for success and watchability I guess. lol

It makes sense, though. If you actively digest WWE wrestling then the standard will be in relation to success in WWE as opposed to success in me wanting to watch it.

As for guys I don't think would be ruined, I think Keith Lee is at the top of the list.

Maybe if WWE had some semblance of organization in their booking and some compelling programs, it wouldn't feel like 90% of the roster just go out, have a match, and feel like they job because it doesn't mean anything.

That is one thing I like about NXT. They give everyone something to do. Whether it's the Velveteen Dream squashing guys, Ohno and Itami doing their thing, Bobby cutting promos, the Iconic Duo doing dumb backstage stuff, etc.. And they don't just outright give up on guys very often. They just modify and switch things around to find something that works. Almas is a good recent example of this I think. They've struggled with him from the beginning, but they've never just said "fuck this we're done with this guy because he can't get over" like Vince is prone to do. They've turned him, made him more like his Ingobernable persona, and now added Thea Trinidad to his act. It still may not work, but at least they are trying. Meanwhile Vince has been sitting on Gran Metalik for almost a year at this point.

It makes sense, though. If you actively digest WWE wrestling then the standard will be in relation to success in WWE as opposed to success in me wanting to watch it.

As for guys I don't think would be ruined, I think Keith Lee is at the top of the list.

Yeah, I can understand that. And I guess I look at success as mainly just if I enjoy watching a guy. And I can still say I enjoy watching most if not all of the guys I named. Would I enjoy them more elsewhere? Yeah, probably, but I don't let that be a detriment to my enjoyment of them now. It's a personal feeling thing.

Keith Lee and Jeff Cobb would be good in the sense that more people would be watching them, bad in that I don't want to see them struggling to make us care about Dolph, Aiden, Bennett, and potentially Rusev: Modern Flag Match Edition for 10+ minutes a match

There just needs to be a hoss show. Make that the next tournament/show

Would require them to invest in long term planning instead of whatever Vince feels like doing that day.

Foggy

Keith Lee and Jeff Cobb would be good in the sense that more people would be watching them, bad in that I don't want to see them struggling to make us care about Dolph, Aiden, Bennett, and potentially Rusev: Modern Flag Match Edition for 10+ minutes a match

There just needs to be a hoss show. Make that the next tournament/show

Cobb, bless him, doesn't really have the charisma to thrive in the WWE. I'd be very worried for him. He would need a great tag partner or a Matanza-type gimmick.

I actually love his tag matches with Riddle because of the charisma Riddle provides and with how they complement each other. It'd be tremendous if both of those guys could get steady work in Japan.

Would require them to invest in long term planning instead of whatever Vince feels like doing that day.

Real talk, even with the brightest minds I don't how sustainable that would be when you have to provide 7 hours of live wrestling a week and almost two ppv's a month.

Halfway through Day 1 of SSS 16.

Is Jimmy Havoc good? Haven't seen much of him, but I wasn't super impressed with him here. Heard a lot about him though. Liked Travis Banks in their match though.

Top Bottom