• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
NJPW could replace Shibata's role pretty easily
suzuki.gif

Yea they really need to fill that gap, they are missing the "super unsafe cunt of a wrestler who endangers his own and his opponents life every time he steps in the ring" guy.

They definitely need to get on that.

Anth0ny

Just watched day 6... what kind of joyless cunt do you have to be to shit on that Omega/Toru Yano match? jesus christ. it was fun as hell and pretty much a perfect comedy match. I laughed out loud.

Halfway through Day 1 of SSS 16.

Is Jimmy Havoc good? Haven't seen much of him, but I wasn't super impressed with him here. Heard a lot about him though. Liked Travis Banks in their match though.
I've been making my way through Progress (I'm at chapter 15 now I think) and I think he's awesome. I suppose it's all up to how well he gels with whoever he's working with though

Him and Ospreay are pretty great together

No way, that fight is hype

Celestial Emissary is a dumb fight but I'm pretty sure it's meant to be a joke

I don't think there's any "bad fights" in the base game, though I'm not a fan of Rom
I'm just super salty about one hit kills. I nop the floor with him all the way til 5% health, and the he does that spell that I can't see cause of the camera.

I'm just super salty about one hit kills. I nop the floor with him all the way til 5% health, and the he does that spell that I can't see cause of the camera.
It's a she, how dare you

I find something satisfying about grinding away at a boss and knowing the ins and outs of its moveset, even if you get caught by one shots. Only time I can't stand it is when the fight either feels way too long or if you don't seem to be doing enough damage

I don't remember any one shots though? There's the lightning effect but there should be an audio cue, just gotta keep dodging to roll away from em. Haven't fought her since the game came out

The key to Ebrietas is to stay on top of her, behind her if possible (avoiding any swipes/smashing)

Just watched day 6... what kind of joyless cunt do you have to be to shit on that Omega/Toru Yano match? jesus christ. it was fun as hell and pretty much a perfect comedy match. I laughed out loud.

Totally agreed, I absolutely loved it. Yano in the G1 is always fun for silly upsets and to give guys a break for one night at least.

Their match last year was fun too but this years was the funniest. Loved Red Shoes interacting with them too.

Nekofrog

Banned
Kenny Omega should have victory music like Mankind did.

Fucking Shibata v_v

I was just getting into NJPW and as great as everyone was, Shibata just had this presence that screamed like he was the baddest mother in the room. That death stare. Such a shame :*( he was my favorite.

Finished SSS 16 Day 1. Trent Seven's promo was fantastic. And Riddle knocking him out immediately was even better.

Andrews/Flamita was MOTN, as expected.

Flamita is criminally overlooked. Guy is one of the best luchadors in the world and I feel like most don't even know his name.

What's Rhonda Rousey doing at MYC tapings?

Her and Shayna Baszler are very close friends. And Shayna is in the MYC.

Finished SSS 16 Day 1. Trent Seven's promo was fantastic. And Riddle knocking him out immediately was even better.

Flamita is criminally overlooked. Guy is one of the best luchadors in the world and I feel like most don't even know his name.

Any chance on her becoming a wrestler?

tm24

The problem with luchadors is that until they work the US, no one really cares? Even a stint in DG isnt that big of a deal. For now only NJPW counts really for recognition. Like I can go on and on about Hechicero, who is probably top 5 technical wrestlers in the world, but barely anyone knows him because his best technical matches are on mexican indy shows.

It also doesn't help that there's a ton of luchadors that can pretty much do the same thing as Flamita and theyre just as good or will be as good soon.

BOLA is going to be his coming out party for sure though, especially that 6man tag match.

You guys were right about battlegrounds. Should have listened. I still have the fucking 30 minute punjabi prision match to watch/not watch.

Hasney

Big one last night, mate?

Yeah, I'm just awful at not being able to stop drinking. Only really get drunk once a month if that these days, but went out for a couple after work, then came home earlyish because I'd booked a grocery delivery which had beer that usually sits in the fridge until I have company.

Next thing I know I'm 15 pints deep playing Overwatch at 4am and making Gin and Tonics because the beers gone.

Still, other than fogetting my garlic bread, that was a great breakfast. Sauteed sweet potato instead of hash browns. I can dig that.

Yeah, I'm just awful at not being able to stop drinking. Only really get drunk once a month if that these days, but went out for a couple after work, then came home earlyish because I'd booked a grocery delivery which had beer that usually sits in the fridge until I have company.

Next thing I know I'm 15 pints deep playing Overwatch at 4am and making Gin and Tonics because the beers gone.

Still, other than fogetting my garlic bread, that was a great breakfast. Sauteed sweet potato instead of hash browns. I can dig that.

Haha, Im the same. Once it is in my blood I cant really stop. I had a similar experience last night.

Sounds like a good recovery meal.

Wait till you see night two, with Riddle vs Cobb...Cobb can do moves, that make me go "oh shit!" with his raw power....

My brothers and sisters on gaf, i havent been really keeping up with G1 so this weekend, i plan to play catch up...literally have 8 shows full of matches to watch..

Pretty hyped to eat lots of chinese takeout and enjoying the rise of SANADA...

shaowebb

My brothers and sisters on gaf, i havent been really keeping up with G1 so this weekend, i plan to play catch up...literally have 8 shows full of matches to watch..

Pretty hyped to eat lots of chinese takeout and enjoying the rise of ELGIN..

Surprisingly enough...fixed. Elgin really stepped it up this tourney. Did not expect this sorta push. So far though I think the best matches have been ZSJ vs
Ibushi
and Suzuki vs
Evil
also Elgin vs
Okada
came outta nowhere to be a great bout.

Nitro wins.

Nah, it's all about the metal in that 97 Raw intro.

'96 is so cheesy but at least not as bad as the original Raw intro.

They're all great and they could get you hyped as a 12-14 year old.

Overall I just really love the low quality feel to wrestling circa 95-97.

Pretty hyped to eat lots of chinese takeout and enjoying the rise of SANADA...

Going through all those matches could be draining. It's a ton of wrestling with most matches coming in around 8-10 minutes each. So definitely pace yourself.

Zach

The original RAW intro ruled (with the jazzy Dato sax).

But Nitro tops everything (if we're just talking Mondays).

Top Bottom