• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Bernbaum

Peter Jacksons Official Game of the Peter Jackson's King Kong the Movie was my first thousand-pointer. In recent memory there's Stacking and that's about it...

Omikron

HolyCheck said:
book plane tickets home to surprise mum on her 50th birthday

get email of itinery from mum saying she's going to bali for that week.

sighs :( weekend at home with the dogs tho <3
ouch . thought that counts . right? :)

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I'm surprised people in here think entourage is actually still a good show, It hasn't been for a few seasons.

It has it's moments but fuck has it gotten bad. The sad thing is there seems to be a lot of shows falling down the same shitty path.

The only one that's gotten better over time is Fringe. It went from standard mystery of the week fun times to holy fucking shit this is amazing.

Agyar

3chopl0x said:
GOTY edition (with all DLC) coming out soon so might be best to hold out.

It's only $11 and packed with so much content you could happily skip the DLC and play it for hundreds of hours.

evlcookie said:
I'm surprised people in here think entourage is actually still a good show, It hasn't been for a few seasons.

It has it's moments but fuck has it gotten bad. The sad thing is there seems to be a lot of shows falling down the same shitty path.

The only one that's gotten better over time is Fringe. It went from standard mystery of the week fun times to holy fucking shit this is amazing.
Strange, recent Fringe hasn't held my attention whereas this season of Entourage is back to the Season 2 best. Previous 2 were shit awful though.

Nemesis_

EatChildren said:
No El Shaddai, no Xenoblade, and no laptop from Alienware they claim to have sent last week.

The longer these things take to arrive the higher the likelihood of them all arriving at the same goddamn time, probably when Deus Ex is set to go.

First world problems fml.

When is El Shaddai due out in Australia? I've heard November, are they sending out review copies ALREADY?!?!?1@?12h1un fkwds

:)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Nemesis556 said:
When is El Shaddai due out in Australia? I've heard November, are they sending out review copies ALREADY?!?!?1@?12h1un fkwds

:)

No review copy. I pre-ordered the US copy from Play-Asia, and it was sent out early last week. I want it now :(.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
reptilescorpio said:
Strange, recent Fringe hasn't held my attention whereas this season of Entourage is back to the Season 2 best. Previous 2 were shit awful though.

Fringe got deep into the mythology, If that doesn't interest you then yea there's not much there then.

What have you enjoyed about entourage this season?

Omikron

evlcookie said:
Fringe got deep into the mythology, If that doesn't interest you then yea there's not much there then.

I just hope with fringe they do good by the show and aim to finish it in another season. (maybe 2 ... maybe). Before they hit the x-files territory of running too long.

Speaking of x-files. Been re-watching. Shit is awesome.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Omi said:
I just hope with fringe they do good by the show and aim to finish it in another season. (maybe 2 ... maybe). Before they hit the x-files territory of running too long.

Speaking of x-files. Been re-watching. Shit is awesome.

I wouldn't be surprised if this season was it's last and they should be able to wrap it all up.

Unless it grows in popularity for some reason and gets a 5th season. With it being so far deep into it's own mythology, I would find that hard since it's almost impossible to bring in new viewers.

elfinke

Despite not hearing back from Steam yet, and not expecting a refund in any event, and From Dust remains in my library with 0 minutes played, I bought Bastion.

I'm loving it so far. Have EYE slowly piping into my HDD too, which I'm also looking forward to getting into this week.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
That was Oblivion for me, achievement at least. Also 1000 on The Bourne game which I highly recommend. Also got the full k on The Saboteur. Sigh, so many under-rated mid-class games.
Keep in mind, this would be the first game I've ever got 100% on since I got my 360. That was launch time... and this is an XBLA title. Ashamed that it's taken me this long, but glad that I'm not an achievement whore.

Saboteur was a favourite, too. I bought it, played a good amount of it, then traded it back in while it was still high value. Then bought it back again (for 360) for a fraction of the cost. Amazing, amazing game. Sad for Pandemic :(

Omikron

evlcookie said:
I wouldn't be surprised if this season was it's last and they should be able to wrap it all up.

Unless it grows in popularity for some reason and gets a 5th season. With it being so far deep into it's own mythology, I would find that hard since it's almost impossible to bring in new viewers.
This is true. Fingers crossed for a satisfying final season if it turned out to be the case. <3 me some fringe

Bernbaum said:
Space Marine 360 demo tomorrow. Looking forward to something that has the potential to be $20 from Play-asia/ Zavvi in 4 weeks.

That may be snarky on my part but I've just started Red Faction Armageddon, which I got just over a month after release for $27 on 360 from Zavvi. I remember when i got Homefront on release for $57- I thought that was a good deal until Play asia had it for $20 a few weeks later.

I can't ever bring myself to buy a THQ game without waiting a few weeks.

Saboteur was the best Pandemic game.

also- The Thick Of It is an awesome show.

markot said:
It's that time of the week again ladies and gentlemen!!! The salvation of DD has arrived yet again!!! Might as well glue your credit card to the side of your monitor rather than reach into your wallet so often!!!

Back To The Future: Season 1 for only $10!!! Recoup that investment by checking out tomorrows popular sports teams winning odds!!!
Puzzle Agent for only $2.50!!! Shoot the shit out of those offending puzzles!!!
Puzzle Agent 2 for only $5!!! Puzzle Harder and a Third!!!
Precursors for only $10!!! You like jank? Shoot up some jank!!!
Xenus 2 White Gold for only $10!!! Jank away sweet loot!!!
Red Faction Guerrilla for only $4!!! Destroy Mars with an Ostrich in a triple breasted jacket!!!
Saints Row 2 for only $3!!! Fucking awful port!!! Avoid!!! Or mod it to be decent for the rest of us!!!
Red Faction for only $2!!! Rocket party like it is 2003 on the N-Gage with the iD bros!!!

(Disclaimer: Several people have had horrible, diaretic experiences with GamersGate. Thankfully I am not one of them so I will continue to abuse the high Australian dollar and buy from this joyful UK site. If you are one to get upset at your money leaving your wallet in exchange for several hours of frustration trying to get a Video Game downloaded to your Personal Computer then please, don't hold me responsible for your poor decisions).

evlcookie said:

Enjoyed it going back to being about the group in Entourage. Less about big business deals and more about relationships again. More character less overblown ideas.

Also I always stop rewatching X-Files after the first season just because I get distracted. So good still though. Funny since they did the monster of the week thing a lot., which tend to include actors who went onto other big tv shows.

ClivePwned said:
That may be snarky on my part but I've just started Red Faction Armageddon, which I got just over a month after release for $27 on 360 from Zavvi. I remember when i got Homefront on release for $57- I thought that was a good deal until Play asia had it for $20 a few weeks later.

Saboteur was the best Pandemic game.
Truth on Saboteur, very enjoyable game.
I'm the same with waiting a month. Picked up Infamous 2 for $40 2 weeks after release. Blows my mind how many more games I could have after those couple of years buying games at $90-120 on release day from JB/EB. I paid $99 for Mass Effect, played 3 hours before shelving and eventually trading in for like $20. Once I got ME2 I rebought ME1 for $20 and proceeded to drop 60 hours into it. Maybe I have just matured? Or drink less.

Jintor said:
My poor decision to listen to your spruiking, you charletan?
Your purchase wasn't through my involvement though was it?

Salazar

ClivePwned said:
also- The Thick Of It is an awesome show.

I have an extra complete box set of it if anybody wants it.

Space Marine Demo rocks so hard. I made the mistake of going to the game forum and they are bitching over the dumbest shit. Calling it Darksiders with a 40K skin.

Salazar said:
Space Marine Demo rocks so hard. I made the mistake of going to the game forum and they are bitching over the dumbest shit. Calling it Darksiders with a 40K skin.
Whelp now I have to buy this game. Nice.
The 40k universe seems really badass, like badass in a really enjoyable way.

Salazar

reptilescorpio said:
Whelp now I have to buy this game. Nice.
The 40k universe seems really badass, like badass in a really enjoyable way.

Well, the Darksiders comparison is kind of bogus. Imprecise, anyway.

The way that you have to harvest health by executing dudes very strongly distances it from slash-shooty games I've played before. I'm going to be pretty interested to see the different ways in which people can play it - I don't know how much you can go against the grain of the game design, but I'm sure there are folks who will manage to do crazy stuff.

And I'm glad that they went for a less overtly comical ork with the dialogue.

Edit: And here is where I stop reading anything written about the game except for stuff from GAF. God damn, I appreciate the modding here sometimes.

Jintor said:
I don't remember who spruiked the Mafia 2 deal, but it's clearly your fault
Hey I ain't no escape goat...
50 points to whoever recognises that moronic statement
Also GamersGate has definitely been easier to access this week. Not sure if it was a problem during that sale or if I am just getting lucky with access at the moment. Plus you got to play de3 way before us!

Agyar

Bernbaum said:
Space Marine 360 demo tomorrow. Looking forward to something that has the potential to be a fun video game.

I want to play that demo but it'll probably make me re-sub to Gold to download it. I've been putting it off as I'm not playing anything online at the moment

Darklord

Banned
Someone asked me this today and I had no idea. Can you buy extra data on smartphones if you're on a plan(on optus I think)? Like if they have 1gb and want an extra 500mb or so for that month can they buy it? Or just get hit with the ridiculous fees from going over the limit?

Darklord said:
Someone asked me this today and I had no idea. Can you buy extra data on smartphones if you're on a plan(on optus I think)? Like if they have 1gb and want an extra 500mb or so for that month can they buy it? Or just get hit with the ridiculous fees from going over the limit?

Yep, you can buy 500mb with $5, 1gb with $10 and so on...works with Optus and Virgin, don't know about the rest.

Bernbaum

Salazar said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdtszCIKNvE

^^^^^^^^^ This dude shoots a hell of a lot more than I do.
Oh man I'm all over this game.

It's been fucking ages since anything Games Workshop related has grabbed my attention. I spent thousands, thousands of dollars on my High Elves, Dark Angels, Necromundas and Gorka Morkas back in high school and then completely gave up on it before graduating. Interviews and behind the scenes at Relic always make them look like a cool bunch of fun-focussed developers and this looks like a solidly executed diversion from RTS's for them.

Darklord

Banned
DeathJr said:
I'd call it Gears of War with a 40K skin. Looks great nonetheless. Perhaps a rental for me, never got into the Warhammer world...more of a Warcraft guy.

20080112014716048.jpg

Jintor

Glad to see you're enjoying Space Marine. I saw a build at TGS last year and wasn't so impressed, but the build THQ brought up to the office a couple of months back was more interesting. It's not my type of game though.

DeathJr said:
I'd call it Gears of War with a 40K skin. Looks great nonetheless. Perhaps a rental for me, never got into the Warhammer world...more of a Warcraft guy.
Nah more like Darkstalkers as it is meant to be more hack-and-slash then cover shooter. They even encourage melee over shooting with the health system and don't even let the player USE cover at all.
Edit: Although you were probably doing a reference to that awful journalist who did that horrible preview of Space Marines. Will not name him as he does not deserve the traffic.

Bernbaum said:
Oh man I'm all over this game.

It's been fucking ages since anything Games Workshop related has grabbed my attention. I spent thousands, thousands of dollars on my High Elves, Dark Angels, Necromundas and Gorka Morkas back in high school and then completely gave up on it before graduating. Interviews and behind the scenes at Relic always make them look like a cool bunch of fun-focussed developers and this looks like a solidly executed diversion from RTS's for them.
Never been interested but after reading about the game at RPS I came across some figures in Toyworld and my hand hovered on my wallet for a few minutes. A marine would look authoritative on my desk at work.

Also OT Gaf is always entertaining. The moon is a star? Juggalo Rescue GAF? Classic Chaser? lulz

Top Bottom