• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
qhkmv.jpg

Mods, kinda fucked up the title....

2a5cj1h.jpg

Welcome Aussies to possibly the only place where you can be an adult.

Here is a list of sites for news about games and buying games in Australia.

AusGAF Gamertag, PSN, Wii, Steam Usernames
Edit your details in so you can play games with us - we're awesome

Submit your information here!

View the AusGAF Online name Spreadsheet

Local sites for news

- PALGN - Multiplatform
- Vooks - Nintendo
- Xbox World - Obvious
- Kotaku AU
- Aussie-Nintendo
- Internode News
- IGN AU
- Gamespot AU

Bargain Watch
- EcoGamer <-- Best
- PALGN - Has newsletter

Retailers Local
- DVDCrave
- TopShop
- GamesWarehouse

Retailers (Import)
- Play-Asia - Expensive, but usually has everything from Asia and the US
- CDWow - Great 90% of the time, can have stock issues on anything not "In Stock".
- 365games - Never mind the naff layout, cheap games, quick postage.
- Yes-Asia - Another source like Play-Asia

Import Retail Information (such as postage, problems) can be found here

If you want some sites or retailers added or a note about a retailer PM it to me.

Archives:

AusGAF the first

AusGAF 2.0

33av2v9.jpg

2iglxqe.jpg

2hocxs6.jpg

ps.lcpyhtvo.170x170-75.jpg

33otb2g.jpg

r1xtgm.png

n64237.jpg

A6aoX.jpg

ik3ILW.jpg

cella-holycheck.jpg

4b999dfa.jpg

Nemesis_

How exciting.

I'll kick this off with something that will probably annoy everyone.

Lady Gaga's JUDAS is out and it's amazing.

Australia rocks.

I want Mortal Kombat =(

Clipper

VOOK, get the mods to change the title again :D. We were thinking something along the lines of:

AusGAF 3D: Refused classification

in AusGAF Steam Chat.

Wow, another one.

Cheers for the recommendation earlier today for the Steam trading/sharing thread. So glad I could grab GTA on the sale.

mandiller

It's so comfy and warm in here. I'm going to set up shop over there at the entrance to the main hall. See you all at the reception tonight.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
roosters93 said:
Anyone watch "Paper Giants: The Birth of Cleo" tonight? I thought it was pretty good.

my mum taped it, will probably watch it tomorrow as i eat lunch or something

ah-hem i would just like to say. "squeee first page". that is all.
also too bad jambo. no cake for you. :(
EDIT: "AusGaf 3000" maybe?

Ydahs

So, is anyone gonna buy AFL Live 2011 on Thursday? It seems to have gotten some decent impressions so and seems enjoyable from the few videos I've watched.

Ydahs said:
So, is anyone gonna buy AFL Live 2011 on Thursday? It seems to have gotten some decent impressions so and seems enjoyable from the few videos I've watched.
I'll wait for the $20 bargain bins in 2 months time.

Also not to sound like a shill but do you think you could change 365games to OzGameShop in the OP? Would make it a lot easier for anyone who wants to check it out.

VOOK said:
If anyone has a lists of sites to add, just let me know.
OzGameShop - cheap imports in aussie dollars, free postage
Zavvi - great sales and currently still free postage
GameCafe - compares most stores for price
RockPaperShotgun - every PC gamer should read it, even if they are Poms

guidop

The new banner needs to be an over the should view of Gaz drawing the new banner

edit: he is drawing a pic of Bernbaum or VOOK making the new banner

Frawdder

BananaArnie said:
i still have no idea what that was. :S
Someone, possibly untold (I'll blame him for the time being until the real culprit speaks up), thought it would be a good idea to all buy a "Bag-of-crap" with the promise that one of us might be lucky enough to get a PS3 (a PS3 was supposed to be in a few bags of crap). Of course we were all suckered in and got shitty stuff.

roosters93 said:
what's with the ausgaffe, ausgiraffe and the greek?
There was some weird spinoff-from-GAF business going on in Steam chat one night for some stupid reason, and Evilore said we couldn't use the GAF name outside of GAF so we came up with Ausgaffe and Ausgiraffe kinda spun out with that, and our WoW guild ended up being called Giraffe because we're cool like that. The Greek? I've got no clue.

Ventron

Hooray, new AusGAF.

EDIT: Noticed you have Rudd in the 1.0 banner, Gillard in the 2.0 banner, and the way things are going you may need Shorten or Combet in the 3.0 banner :p

^^ nice work Danoss! the logo is pretty schweet

Orbitcube said:
There was some weird spinoff-from-GAF business going on in Steam chat one night for some stupid reason, and Evilore said we couldn't use the GAF name outside of GAF so we came up with Ausgaffe and Ausgiraffe kinda spun out with that, and our WoW guild ended up being called Giraffe because we're cool like that. The Greek? I've got no clue.

Heh, thanks.

Frawdder said:
Someone, possibly untold (I'll blame him for the time being until the real culprit speaks up), thought it would be a good idea to all buy a "Bag-of-crap" with the promise that one of us might be lucky enough to get a PS3 (a PS3 was supposed to be in a few bags of crap). Of course we were all suckered in and got shitty stuff.
now i finally know. thanks frawd. they must have made sooo much money of you people. looks like kritz was the only smart one.

hamchan

A random sample of what folks were talking about on this day a year ago:

Choc said:
As a nationally accredited NSW Premier League referee i can assure you that we do not give 'cards' and kicks away for nothing. I have sent off 4 players so far this year and every single one of them has been stupid and avoidable. For example, taking 20 seconds to take a thrown in with score at 1-1 in the 87th minute is always going to get you booked. If it happens to be your second, so be it.

The rules are there to be followed....

That said, players faking it really does get to me and its amazing how often the EPL referees fall for it. You can tell pretty quickly being so close to the action as a referee whether a tackle could have caused such a reaction or not.

kirby102 said:
I too am interested in making these, just dunno where to buy them. :( I'm gonna eBay them or I found a few sites, but they sell Hama Beads... they serve the same purpose as Perlers... but yeah, I'm thinking of making a purchase sometime in the near future.

http://www.onlinetoys.com.au/Hama-mid-27.html
http://www.thinktoys.com.au/toys.asp...t=Hama Beads

Aspiring said:
Did you watch the game Choc? Am i over reacting to this? I just hate fakers, and to me is not in the spirit of the game. I mean, its also the way in which it happened. Oh man it gets on my nerves. Yes its a foul, but the way that Rooney carried on should have given him a card.

Bernbaun said:
Now that we have an idea of local GTX4 pricing, 5 series really is a no-brainer. Only holdback is that I miss out on PhysX on the two games I have that use it- Mirror's Edge and Batman:AA. Hopefully an independent standard for physics processing will arise and nVidia's proprietary tech will dissapear. I'd like to see more of a push towards improved physics modelling than this hokey 3D bullshit train everyone's hopping onto.

evlcookie said:
The witcher, it is completed!

35 hours or so of RPG madness has finally come to an end. I enjoyed it, even with the frustrations i had along the way.

I guess JC 2 will be my next game to try and finish or maybe gta episodes, shouldn't take long to get through those.

Salazar said:
Unff, Kristina Keneally, talk dirty to me.

"We're at the pointy end. We're nutting out the detail".

Ankhweasel said:
Australian prices should probably be online from tomorrow on, but I doubt they'll be anywhere near as nice as UK prices - a Zavvi pre-order will run you $65 shipped.

In other words pretty much the same things we talk about now.

Jintor

Hey Vooks, if you get to pimp your site, can I pimp PCPP when we get our new site? :3

Also, why don't any of the other regionsites make their own UK-Gaf or Spain-Gaf or Japan-Gaf threads like us? Is Australia the only continent awesome enough for our own thread?

Kirby102

Jintor said:
Also, why don't any of the other regionsites make their own UK-Gaf or Spain-Gaf or Japan-Gaf threads like us? Is Australia the only continent awesome enough for our own thread?
Their regions are HUUUUGE, and are bigger than us; I'm guessing...

Dead Man

Jintor said:
Hey Vooks, if you get to pimp your site, can I pimp PCPP when we get our new site? :3

They don't have the bonding experience of needing a second mortgage to buy a console game at retail.

Top Bottom