• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

midonnay

now that I think about it..... wasn't it said in one of the iwata asks interviews that the left slide pad compartment was modular? (as in can be taken out)

maybe its the same for the right part

or was that only in the prototype models?

Omikron

Aon said:
Yeah, I'm seeing a lot of people on the Bioware forums mentioning that it worked fine as recently as Dragon Age 2.

IMMA DO SOMETHING STUPID ;D

(although I really shouldn't as I have a tonne of homework due every day up to the release of Deus Ex then nothing)

What service did you use, btw? Once you unlocked it did it stay unlocked, or did you have to leave Steam on xD

Service? As in VPN service?

And I believe I left steam on, although I only had the VPN connection open long enough to unlock the game and start it up. Everything seemed happy then for the 24 hours until the Aus version was open for business.

Aon

Yeah, I meant VPN service. Or was it just whatever came up first in google? Or as a computer guy did you have some fancy solution?

As someone who never really got into Facebook, I think that just having that notification icon in my Google toolbar might be enough to keep me sucked in xD

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
when I close my eyes all I see is either DVDs not fitting on the shelf or gaps between the DVDs on shelves

Omikron

Aon said:
Yeah, I meant VPN service. Or was it just whatever came up first in google? Or as a computer guy did you have some fancy solution?

As someone who never really got into Facebook, I think that just having that notification icon in my Google toolbar might be enough to keep me sucked in xD

lol... I used AnonymityNetwork I believe.

http://anonymitynetwork.com/

You can sign up for a free account to try it out which is enough to get something unlocked.

I take no responsibility for a locked / banned account. :p

Aon

That's the one I was thinking of using, some guys on the Bioware forum said the 3 hour trial thing worked fine for them too.

Fuck it, I'm young and what's the point if not to make bad decisions related to impatience ;D

In other news, I really wish you could get the Source SDK on OSX. I've been finding it super relaxing lately to make rudimentary ass Half Life 2 levels during downtime between stuff and it'd be great for these periods between lectures...

And I just saw some movie called the ChungKing Express, which might be just about the only Romantic Comedy I've ever adored. What a exquisitely well written movie.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
also, blu-rays. we keep getting more and nowhere near enough people buy them.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
A VPN should unlock DE:HR early, but as far as I'm aware it will lock again the moment you go back to your real IP, so you'll have to keep the VPN active while you play.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Rez,

How is work going? Enjoying it?

I'm in no rush for DX3. I won't get enough time to really play it after work so it's a weekend game for me, Got 4 more days until that so i won't go risking a vpn ban.

Jambo we should play that cop mod in gta ;D

Gazunta said:
I'm reading about your Touchpads on my iPad.
*smug*
My $99 TouchPad means I can spend the other $400-$899 that could have gone towards an iPad on a 2500k and motherboard. Also de3. *smug*

EatChildren said:
Tonight I'm going to play Deus Ex. All night. And god is it going to be fucking amazing.
I hate you. Actually, can I come to your house? I have to wait until Thursday like the rest of us commoners.

Omi said:
I said that to myself before I played Invisible War.
There is no IW. There is no Indy 4. There is no Matrix 3. There is no EfMI. There is only Zool.

Omi said:
Floated the idea of a CPU upgrade to the wife last night, didn't go down too badly, which was surprising. There is hope!

Also, 30th birthday discussions. Mildly depressing.
Tax time is when I will be allowed to do my upgrade. Plus this whole wedding planning thing seems to make her more willing to allow me to spend money on myself. Good old fashioned battering. Like cavemen. Like Gods.
Also 30 isn't old. Still got 30 more years of work ahead of you! Plus think of health care in the future, we will be living until 120 soon! Plus augmentation.

Rez said:
when I close my eyes all I see is either DVDs not fitting on the shelf or gaps between the DVDs on shelves
Get that shelving custom made dude so they fit perfect. Same with blu rays. Or put mirrors as a backing board, seems to make them look less uneven.

elfinke said:
I just read through the review over at Edge. I'm pumped, although slightly worried it isn't going to run anywhere near nicely enough on my PC to make it an entirely satisfactory experience.
Kag in the OT was saying it ran fine on high with a GTX260, seems to scale really well and isn't pushing boundrys or anything anyway. The art direction makes a world of difference.

Aon said:
Fuck it, I'm young and what's the point if not to make bad decisions related to impatience ;D

In other news, I really wish you could get the Source SDK on OSX.
Don't do it! Wait the extra 2 days and make sure you don't lose your account. Also sell the Macbook and buy a sexy Alienware or ASUS laptop. Bitches love laptops.

markot

Banned
You know whats amazing?

According to a site that uses paperless billing crap, they have saved 61 trees, BUT, that 61 trees = 506,865 pieces of paper!

Goddamn they get alot of paper from a tree >_<!

Shaneus

Is it wrong that I kind of really couldn't give two shits about the new Deus Ex? Mind you, I haven't exactly even tried the first one. But still, I'd rather work on the last boss of the Costume Quest DLC than another FPS(ish) game.

Gazunta

So apparently you CAN get Android on the HP Touchpad now? That's really awesome news.

And yeah, Deus Ex isn't really my thing, but meh, the list of things that are my "thing" is getting smaller and smaller as years go on :)

Gazunta said:
So apparently you CAN get Android on the HP Touchpad now? That's really awesome news.
Last I heard a group was trying to figure out how to get it up and running... Surely they haven't done it already?

Fogz

EatChildren said:
Tonight I'm going to play Deus Ex. All night. And god is it going to be fucking amazing.

Me too! The first one. Its only taken me 10 years to play it and now I have 2 days to finish it :(

jambo

markot said:
According to a site that uses paperless billing crap, they have saved 61 trees, BUT, that 61 trees = 506,865 pieces of paper!

Goddamn they get alot of paper from a tree >_<!

Don't know if you know this, but paper is really fucking thin!

Aon

Fogz said:
Me too! The first one. Its only taken me 10 years to play it and now I have 2 days to finish it :(

You are going to have to go all night then, that game is kinda loooong. I remember feeling so weird when I was finishing up Hong Kong and then someone told me I was only about halfway through. I thought the whole thing was about to wrap up xD

Fogz

Aon said:
You are going to have to go all night then, that game is kinda loooong. I remember feeling so weird when I was finishing up Hong Kong and then someone told me I was only about halfway through. I thought the whole thing was about to wrap up xD

Yeah I think I'm just about to hit Hong Kong. Time to use up some of my huge pile of sick days? :)

Fogz said:
Yeah I think I'm just about to hit Hong Kong. Time to use up some of my huge pile of sick days? :)
There can be no more noble way to use your sick days than to experience Deus Ex in all its glory. I hope you are using the texture pack and New Vision. There is a GAF thread floating near the front page on the HD packs.

Valkyria Chronicles and Vanquish get! Ozgameshop's shipping is pretty erratic; I ordered these around a month ago alongside Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and they all shipped within a day, but Sigma 2 got here two or three weeks ago.

Aon

Box of Bunnies said:
Valkyria Chronicles.

This is my biggest guilt spot of the generation :(
As a long time SRPG fanatic who bought a PS3 half to play this and half to play MGS4, it's criminal that I completely lost interest like 7 missions in. But for the life of me I can't seem to feel that game ;__;

On another note, I hope Kritz is tracking OK. He said he wasn't really feeling sick anymore a few days ago but still seems pretty reclusive despite apparently being better. He should be complaining about his Physics homework 24/7...

hamchan

I couldn't get into Valkyria Chronicles either. One day I'll get back into it, but I think i prefer top down SRPGs like FFTactics and Fire Emblem more.

Choc said:
Bah, these poop all over that vault! Also no point Gearing up for War without this piece of Gear!

Aon said:
This is my biggest guilt spot of the generation :(
As a long time SRPG fanatic who bought a PS3 half to play this and half to play MGS4, it's criminal that I completely lost interest like 7 missions in. But for the life of me I can't seem to feel that game ;__;

On another note, I hope Kritz is tracking OK. He said he wasn't really feeling sick anymore a few days ago but still seems pretty reclusive despite apparently being better. He should be complaining about his Physics homework 24/7...
Maybe try and put on some classic Anime OST in the background? Also I was wondering where Kritz was.

JB, you've done it again!

IMG_1275.jpg

Clipper

Man, I just decided to put all my future game and Blu-Ray purchases up until November into one big Amazon order so I didn't have to worry about apportioning them into partial shipments and stuff (Amazon will just send them all as they release pretty much). US$800 of stuff, much of which has a chance of going directly onto the backlog pile.

Perhaps I have a problem...

But at least I'm still losing weight thanks to Lite'n'Easy. 19kg in 11.5 weeks :D. Still got a lot to go, though.

Oh, and I must say I'm disappointed that Amazon doesn't seem to be shipping Uncharted 3, Skyward Sword or Cave Story 3D to Australia. I'm not too surprised by Skyward Sword given that I've never been able to get a Nintendo-published Wii game out of Amazon, but Cave Story is the first 3DS game that has had the restriction and it makes me fear for Super Mario 3D Land too...

Also, the list for you to pick apart if you like:
House, M.D.: Season Seven
Tomb Raider Trilogy
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (Five-Disc Combo: Blu-ray 3D / Blu-ray / DVD / Digital Copy)
Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Complete Season Three
Star Fox 64 3D
Bit.Trip Saga 3DS
God of War: Origins Collection
Rocky Horror Picture Show
Spartacus: Gods of the Arena
Dragon Ball Z Kai: Part Six
Rayman Origins
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
Kirby Mass Attack
Terry Pratchett: Going Postal
Jurassic Park Ultimate Trilogy (Blu-ray + Digital Copy)
Batman: Arkham City
Jackie Brown
Scream 4
The ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

Deeku

hamchan said:
I couldn't get into Valkyria Chronicles either. One day I'll get back into it, but I think i prefer top down SRPGs like FFTactics and Fire Emblem more.
Pretty much this.

Don't remember where I got up to, but my play time of VC consisted of playing a few missions, putting it away for months, then suddenly coming back to it again for a few missions and then shelving it again.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Anyone with the touchpad know how to get movies on it? I drag and dropped some videos into the downloads folder :( and i cant see them anywhere

Clipper said:
Perhaps I have a problem...
Don't do it dude! Wait for 2 weeks after release and get the games for 40% off from Zavvi or OzGameShop.
Means you have to wait a little longer but you will save an insane amount of money!

HolyCheck said:
Anyone with the touchpad know how to get movies on it? I drag and dropped some videos into the downloads folder :( and i cant see them anywhere
Need to be mp4 format apparently. Maybe there is an app to run .avi files?

Fogz

HolyCheck said:

I seem to have a "Videos" folder on mine. Maybe the missus created it when she was testing it out but all the videos are in there and show up when I load the photos app

EDIT: yeah and they have to be mp4 format as well

Clipper said:
Man, I just decided to put all my future game and Blu-Ray purchases up until November into one big Amazon order so I didn't have to worry about apportioning them into partial shipments and stuff (Amazon will just send them all as they release pretty much). US$800 of stuff, much of which has a chance of going directly onto the backlog pile.

Just be aware if you're holding till november- amazon has some pretty amazing Black Friday sales.

bernbaum: JB Hifi Macarthur in Brisbane City (the one next to Big W, old dymocks, future Apple store, etc)

HolyCheck said:
I forgot to bring the micro USB cable with me to work today but I've already encoded a couple of movies to MP4 so I'll be trying that out tonight. A bit annoying but I can live with it.

Edit: I'm not so sure about this Beats Audio thing yet, either. It seems to do some sort of loudness and/or compression thing...

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
You have too much money to be buying such crap clipper, send some money my way and I will show you what to spend it on!!

Nothing!

Choc

Banned
so many touchpads on ebay

no doubt the ATO will be following those people up becuase if you buy something purely to profit on ebay, you are liable to pay tax on the product

if you use something and then happen to make a profit because ebay goes nuts, you don't pay the tax.

Bernbaum said:
Biggest issue with the 3DS hardware is the battery life. If it lasted long enough to survive a day in my workbag, it might actually leave the house.
I take mine with me to work all the time and I've never had any issues. I even leave streetpass on.

Mind you, I maybe play an hour total through the course of the day (busrides, mostly).

But yes. An analog stick add-on for the 3DS? The part of GAF that believes it have all lost their damn minds.

Still not 100% convinced with Witcher 2, something about the combat just feels unresponsive. Game looks amazing and the lore seems interesting though. Plus it basically explains nothing to you, I just have to figure it all out as I go along I guess?

Clipper

reptilescorpio said:
Don't do it dude! Wait for 2 weeks after release and get the games for 40% off from Zavvi or OzGameShop.
Means you have to wait a little longer but you will save an insane amount of money!
That would only count for the PS3 stuff (My 3DS and Blu-Ray purchases are region locked to US), but even with the discounts, it still comes out to prices comparable to the US launch prices. I sort of want those PS3 games ASAP too as they seem like they are mostly going to be bloody amazing.

ClivePwned said:
Just be aware if you're holding till november- amazon has some pretty amazing Black Friday sales.
They're shipping as they release, but there are quite a few in November. Perhaps I'll cancel some of the later games later on, but I just wanted to get my purchasing list out of the way so I don't have to worry about it for a while too.

Clipper

evlcookie said:
You have too much money to be buying such crap clipper, send some money my way and I will show you what to spend it on!!

Nothing!
Heh, I think a big part of this purchase is also to make me feel better about being denied Touchpads both via my online orders and them running out while in line at HN. It has worked a little in that respect...

Choc

Banned
tee hee someone I work with had to get through heathrow (on way home from Gamescom) during monday afternoon peak

then a 23 hr flight, fun times, :D

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Sutton Dagger said:
Still not 100% convinced with Witcher 2, something about the combat just feels unresponsive. Game looks amazing and the lore seems interesting though. Plus it basically explains nothing to you, I just have to figure it all out as I go along I guess?

The combat does have response issues. They basically went the Demon's Souls direction, demanding high level play and control (which is great in theory), but didn't pull off the same level of tight, responsive control over Geralt.

Just try to play defensively and not like a hack and slash arcade game and you should do okay. Make use of your signs and all abilities.

Top Bottom