• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
0Zrkb.png
ausgaf5.png

Welcome to the AusGAF community. It's where all the cool Australian Gaffers hang out and talk about games, boobs, politics and Ricki-Lee. We're all comedians.

The OP as ever will be a list of great links for everyone and as always if you want me to add anything just PM me.

Here is a list of sites for news about games and buying games in Australia.

AusGAF Gamertag, PSN, Wii, Steam Usernames
Edit your details in so you can play games with us - we're awesome

Submit your information here!

The AusGAF Steam Group and AusGAF Steam Chat

Fancy idling with a bunch of other AusGaffers while not playing games? Head on over to your Steam client and join the fantastically unorganised AusGAF Steam Group and AusGAF Steam Chat, where all your hopes of never playing another game again will be fulfilled!

View the AusGAF Online name Spreadsheet

Join us on the Tweets

reptilescorpio
Rahk
Serrels
Danoss
Box of Bunnies
Vook
Jambo
Evlcookie
Codswallop
Omi
BanShunsaku
Ventron
trinest
HolyCheck
Megadrive
Fredescu
elektrixx
roosters93
Frawdder
elfinke
shaneus
Jintor
Gazunta

AIE Games - Gaz works here! Tweets about high quality games!
Lord OzGameShop - they tweet about games on sale for low low prices!

Thanks to rooster93 and reptilescorpio for making a list.

IRC Information

Like to chat to us in real time and trade naughty pictures? You can here;

http://webchat.gamesurge.net/?channels=AusGAF
http://mibbit.com/#AusGAF@irc.gamesurge.net

List on Twitter

Local sites for news

- PALGN - Multiplatform
- Vooks - Nintendo
- Xbox World - Obvious
- Best Kotaku
- Aussie-Nintendo
- Internode News
- IGN AU
- Gamespot AU

Bargain Watch
- EcoGamer <-- Best
- Oz Bargain <-- Best

Recommended Retailers

The almighty OzGameShop
Zavvi
TheHut
PlayAsia (no free postage)

Import Retail Information (such as postage, problems) can be found here

I don't have the time to keep a fresh list in the OP every week, but PM me and I'll add!

Archives:

AusGAF the first

AusGAF 2.0

AusGAF 3.0

Previous Awesome Banners

deathstaredjia.jpg

33av2v9.jpg

2iglxqe.jpg

2hocxs6.jpg

ps.lcpyhtvo.170x170-75.jpg

33otb2g.jpg

r1xtgm.png

n64237.jpg

A6aoX.jpg

ik3ILW.jpg

cella-holycheck.jpg

4b999dfa.jpg

qhkmv.jpg

2a5cj1h.jpg

VOOK

reptilescorpio said:
Hello! And now to never post in this thread again!

I propose for posts 100-200 we all have to talk like pirates.

VOOK

Doncamatic said:
OP reads like rehashed press releases. I can't help but think that these OTs are going downhill. Also, video games.

OP is there for newbies, once we're off the first page we never even see it again.

Fredescu said:
I'm wondering if we should take zavvi/the hut off the recommended importers list, or maybe just link to this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=436248
As someone who has spent a few hundred dollars on dozens of order from them and had fantastic customer service in the one occasion that a parcel went missing I still recommend them to people but, like with the key sites, maybe it is indeed better to not recommend them in the OP just in case they have a problem. Have any of you guys had problems with them before? Found them to be just as good as PlayAsia et al.

For anyone reading the archived version of this thread in the far flung future of 2013, Skyrim and Uncharted 3 just came out and Skyward Sword is about to come out. The Internet LOVES the former, had middling feelings about the one in the middle and has mixed reports on the latter. Nintendo is still doomed, but what else is new, right?

Oh and Tony Abbott is the leader of the opposition running against an unpopular Gillard government. God help us all.

Gazunta

MY NEW HOME!

Just for the 2013 readers: I'm still making comics nobody reads, I'm still somehow working in this stupid games industry, and I have all my limbs and teeth. I have a feeling it's all downhill from here.

Fredescu

People not getting the OT joke make me sad and fearful that future threads won't be filled with our wonderful history of banners.

So to be annoyingly clear, people are joking because it's topical to joke about.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I don't know what the next big EA game is but yeah sure why not.

/says this before he has signed the papers

I heard that NFS The Run is hot, runny poop
wiki said:
Prior to its release, Need for Speed: The Run was marketed and promoted heavily through the use of numerous Internet and TV trailers. Famed Hollywood explosion fetishist Michael Bay has directed a TV advertisement for the game. Talking about his venture of directing a trailer for a game, Michael Bay stated, "What I try to do with my trailers is to get your heart racing to the end of it." The advertisement features explosions, car crashes, supercars and police vehicle.
lol Never changed wiki editors!

EatChildren said:

Sony exclusives too please. ;)

Frawdder

EatChildren said:

AusGAF exclusive street date breaks.

Show your GAF Gold Card card on entry.

Top Bottom