• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Ah of course. Anyway, at the time of that video he was a few months into this 40th year on this earth. Did you look at the link for CDWOW I sent you? Some decent prices on there otherwise eBay is your best bet for vinyl. Still got my To The 5 Burroughs vinyl somewhere that I got on release at the Leading Edge that used to be across from the (now empty) KFC in the middle of Geelong. Good times.
Certainly did! Not bad, I'm gonna investigate around eBay as well. Given I really only want to get the 20th Anniv. remasters, it shouldn't be too hard to find them at not-inflated prices. I'd be wary of ordering vinyl from CDWOW or any of those other o/s places though... given they're not a dedicated vinyl/music joint, I wouldn't trust their ability to ship it in decent condition (whereas an eBay store is far more likely). If it works out cheap enough though, I might nab a few from there.

Thanks for the tip, btw :)

Omikron

Streuselküchen is delicious, everyone should have some.

Also, I feel like a new avatar. Someone recommend a Korean popstar.

Fredescu

Someone recommend a Korean popstar.
Performing his latest hit:

0415_Kim_jong_un_full_600.jpg

Fredescu

All time great super duper star
I hate to burst your bubble but triple double trouble
is coming to your town and he's going to make rubble

Deeku

Yes if you want to host morning aerobic shows.

Otherwise, HELL NAWWWWWW!

EDIT: OH MY GOD I WAS TRICKED!!!!!!!

OOOOOOOOOOMIIIII!!!!!!

Man, you guys are making me bummed about MCA again. Poor dude, 47 is so damn young. On a happier note I've been listening to Paul's Boutique all weekend. Fucking love that album.

I'm not sure how I feel about veep. Has some moments but it's definitely no thick of it.

Ventron

So, I'm off to Seattle tomorrow for my new job. So long AusGAF, thanks for all the memories and political fights.

As a present; remember that Xbox LIVE Indie Game I may (not) have plugged on AusGAF? A simple turn-based JRPG called Bonded Realities. I ported it to the PC, hopefully everything works.

You can play it here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2bnoczjsqj733y7/BondedRealities.zip
Run setup.exe. Dropbox newb here.

I'll hopefully make more games in future, so if you want to know more, Twitter is where you'll hear it first: http://twitter.com/MikeVentron

Oh, BTW, did you know I'm now friends with the creator of Dust An Elysian Tail and he helped with my boxart because he was so bored shitless with programming at the time and wanted to do some art?
lBB7F.jpg

EDIT: Typing is shit tonight...

Kate Miller Hiedke seems so out of her depth on QandA... She's a good singer, but she doesn't really fit the show.

eg. "what do you think of tomorrow's bugdet?" "um, wasn't Wayne Swan voted like, best treasurer in the world?"

The fuck? KMH? She isn't even that good of a songwriter! What the hell is Q&A? I thought it was meant to be some snooty debate for pricks with sticks up their arses while they smell their own farts, who cluck their tongues, stroke their beards, and talk about "What's to be done with this Homer Simpson?"

Certainly did! Not bad, I'm gonna investigate around eBay as well. Given I really only want to get the 20th Anniv. remasters, it shouldn't be too hard to find them at not-inflated prices. I'd be wary of ordering vinyl from CDWOW or any of those other o/s places though... given they're not a dedicated vinyl/music joint, I wouldn't trust their ability to ship it in decent condition (whereas an eBay store is far more likely). If it works out cheap enough though, I might nab a few from there.

Thanks for the tip, btw :)
I have grabbed a bunch of vinyl from there back when they first started offering it. Picked up a whole heap of reprints of 90's stuff like Nirvana and Pearl Jam. Pretty good quality for reprints too! Most of my brand new vinyl I buy from Zavvi or JB. Harder to find somewhere with cheap prices for older stuff still in perfect nick.

Also, I feel like a new avatar. Someone recommend a Korean popstar.
LionizedOmiFromXiaolinShowdown.png

david-bowie-the-prestlqdej.jpg

I've seen those cases before, they look slick as hell. Are they suitable for general PC use, or can they only be used for HTPC's?
From the rundown it could work as a regular PC but it would be a damn nightmare to get it all in there if you want something capable of playing new games. Tight space! If you had plenty of experience in PC building I am sure you could make a run of it. LOVE the look, would go great next to my PS3 and 360. Especially if BIGSCREEN Steam patch happens soon.

So, I'm off to Seattle tomorrow for my new job. So long AusGAF, thanks for all the memories and political fights.

As a present; remember that Xbox LIVE Indie Game I may (not) have plugged on AusGAF? A simple turn-based JRPG called Bonded Realities. I ported it to the PC, hopefully everything works.
Congrats again dude, hope the move isn't too painful. Looking forward to finally playing the game even if it would have been nicer to buy it properly over XBLIG!

That's what ya'll get for watching Q&A instead of Dirk Gentley. I guess KMH is a decent excuse though so I'm willing to let you off with a warning just this once.

Danoss

That's what ya'll get for watching Q&A instead of Dirk Gentley. I guess KMH is a decent excuse though so I'm willing to let you off with a warning just this once.

I switched the TV on and turned to ABC hoping for a chance to see KMH perform again. I love listening to her voice, but I think she's also very pretty.

I hope she sings otherwise I've sat through this garbage for naught.

Danoss

Thanks for the heads up on Kate Miller-Heidke on Q&A. Hearing acoustic versions of her songs is fantastic, that one I linked earlier is brilliant, so different in feel to the studio version. I'd love to see her perform an entire acoustic concert.

She's playing in Sydney in August, but I can't afford to see her dammit.

So NSW looks boned for origin already. I realise I've now jinxed Queensland and will regret those words, but Inglis scored a hat trick and gallen got injured tonight. Doesn't look good for the blues.

Not to mention Queensland's biggest selection headache is between Gillet and DCE on the bench.

Edit. God I hate you auto correct.

I don't watch Q&A but could forgive her any shortcomings throughout the discussion when she puts on a performance like this.

Goddamn.

She did another performance tonight, which was nice. Its not up yet, but I'll link when it is. Significantly more racy dress.

She actually made some good points, though they were really awkwardly injected into the discussion. She's not as eloquent with her words, but she did provide a different perspective to that usually seen on the show.

Shaneus

I have grabbed a bunch of vinyl from there back when they first started offering it. Picked up a whole heap of reprints of 90's stuff like Nirvana and Pearl Jam. Pretty good quality for reprints too! Most of my brand new vinyl I buy from Zavvi or JB. Harder to find somewhere with cheap prices for older stuff still in perfect nick.
Not concerned with the quality of them (pretty much know what I'm getting, what with actual 20th anniv ones still around) it's more the quality of the packing/shipping I'm concerned with. You had no issues?

Not concerned with the quality of them (pretty much know what I'm getting, what with actual 20th anniv ones still around) it's more the quality of the packing/shipping I'm concerned with. You had no issues?

Nah no issue. If they arrive damaged just let them know and I would expect them to refund you. My first ever order with them was Fallout 3 on PC which never actually arrived so they just sent out another new copy to me without question.

Deeku

She actually made some good points, though they were really awkwardly injected into the discussion. She's not as eloquent with her words, but she did provide a different perspective to that usually seen on the show.
I was listening to it in the car and I was thinking "who is this random person??" But yeah, I agree with what you said.

Salazar

Deek, avatar recovery is getting pretty urgent. That face makes me tense up.

What do you do when you get the worrying feeling that you are almost the social equivalent of a sudoku (a really not very interesting but reliable way to pass time) to someone you really care about ?

Danoss

Still on KMH, I heard a recording of a recent concert of hers in Brisbane, where she plays "The Tiger Inside Will Eat the Child" (Link again, seriously amazing and beautiful), the same song she played on Q&A last year and talks about her experience with the audience.

Kate Miller-Heidke at The Powerhouse said:
I'm not sure if any of you heard it, but a few months ago we played that song on a popular television program, Q&A, and it was absolutely one of the most terrifying experiences of my life to be on that show. I don't know if I could do it again, it's like my anus is quivering just thinking about it. Really quite rough.

One of the highlights for me was John Waters, the amazing filmmaker was on the panel, and at some point he said "any time someone talks about the tea party, I think they're just talking about tea-bagging". Half the audience laughed much like you guys did just then.

Afterwards, we were all in the green room having a beer and the conservative MP Christopher Pyne came up to John Waters and said "So, what is tea-bagging?" And then the Labor politician Tanya Plibersek entered the conversation and she's like "Yeah, what is that?" Then just to watch their faces as John Waters gave a blow-by-blow (excuse the pun) description. It's like the two sides of politics were reunited in that instant. It was a beautiful moment. In case anyone's wondering what it is, you can Google it later, just don't do the image search first.

I transcribed that myself, so I hope someone reads it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom