• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

I totally forgot how awkward university society meetings are

in guess this is why I largely stopped going...

Going to lose the cricket by a mile, nothing going our way, horrible bowling, need 3rd slip in there.

They lapped up the awful first two, so it will get awards all over the place. Quality is irrelevant when it comes to alleged AAA games these days.

AAA refers to budget, not perceived quality this generation.

Indeed, but there's still no accounting for rubbish taste en masse. I've yet to come across a good bioware game.

K49He.jpg

Balders Gate 2?

Deeku

I totally forgot how awkward university society meetings are

in guess this is why I largely stopped going...
That's what happens when you join animu society!

I never joined any societies. The crazy enthusiasm of some society people really irked me:/

Danoss

Ok a few things...

Thanks for all your advice man.

1. I am paid a loading, it is mentioned in my contract that "Your hourly rate is inclusive of casual loading, annual leave, sick leave and public holidays, overtime, all allowances and penalty rates." And it goes on. It's a pittance and I'm sure it's the bare minimum they are obligated to pay.

2. They are totally free to fire me. I doubt they will, but if they do, it sucks to be them.

3. Is it against the law? I can't find anything on it to back this up, not from lack of searching. My contract only mentions a 30 min unpaid meal break, nothing more.

4. My job title is "Promoter". I don't think it is an Award either, it seems that it's just a workplace agreement/contract.

1a. I don't believe they are voluntarily paying our way to and from the venue. I'm sure if it was brought up they would. They've been reimbursing the travel fares of the other promotions guys traipsing around Sydney.

I've looked over my contract again and there is nothing on overtime. There is this: "You will be employed as a promoter on a casual basis reporting to the business manager. Your duties and responsibilities will include those described in Schedule 1 to this Offer, together with such additional duties and responsibilities as are resonantly required by the Company from time-to-time." The aforementioned Schedule 1 is basically saying do what you're told, think of the company when you do stuff and act in its best interests, work hard, don't bludge and maintain a friendly work environment.

I don't think "additional duties and responsibilities as are reasonably required" includes doing extra work and not being paid for it. First of all, it's not legal to my understanding and the contract would be null and void if it contained illegal things in it. It was represented to me as I may be asked to do other things during the day, not out-of-hours. For example, I was filming a video blog on Friday, that's not on the job description and it seems to fit with what I think is meant.

Oh, on the topic of my paraphrasing "maintain a friendly work environment", something happened yesterday. One of the guys in the office (Lets call him Person A) is a bit of a joker, seems he doesn't take being on the receiving end very well. One other staff member (Lets call them Person B) flicked him on the ear, not hard at all, (which is nothing new, stuff like this isn't unusual, it's all in good fun) to say goodbye when he was on the way out the door. Person A got up with a rather aggressive look on his face, picked him up and crash tackled Person B into a a pile of boxes/the wall. Person B got up, grabbed his things and left soon after, but not before I got to discuss what happened with him. Person A seemed to have left the office.

There was a meeting this morning where "joking around, such as flicking peoples ears, is not to be tolerated". Bear in mind, Person A who reacted violently is a manager in this place and as a friend of other management seems to be above reproach.

I'm not a violent person, but he's lucky he didn't crash tackle me. I would've gotten up swinging.

I thought you didn't play them because they were broken or something.
No that is Bethesda right?

So you agree with me that everything they made since bg2 not good. Like molyneaux, they've made some ordinary shit in the past yen years or more.
I really liked Mass Effect and think it had a lot of potential to follow up on, the lore was fantastic and the adventure aspect had a glint of diamond in the middle of the nugget of coal.
Mass Effect 2 was an entertaining 3rd person shooter with a focus on interplay with team members. The story was shit and a major step down, most things I liked were watered down and the things I disliked from the first game were improved.
Dragon Age Origins was a great timesink and (again) a great start. I enjoyed the combat all round the classes and the story was okay. Certainly consider it a great game.
Dragon Age 2 was shit.
Jade Empire was shit.
KOTOR was pretty good.
Sonic Chronicles was 2/5
MDK2 was good, not as good as the original
Neverwinter Nights I think was good, the fact it eludes my memory isn't the best sign.

There was a meeting this morning where "joking around, such as flicking peoples ears, is not to be tolerated". Bear in mind, Person A who reacted violently is a manager in this place and as a friend of other management seems to be above reproach.
Bail dude, bail. They are running their workplace like a friends club. That shit isn't right. Lineup another job and get the hell out before they try and screw you over with something.

Yagharek

Bethesda too. They can't code for shit. Found that out with oblivion and fallout 3. Their games are also pretty boring.

markot

Banned
Bethesda too. They can't code for shit. Found that out with oblivion and fallout 3. Their games are also pretty boring.

I agree that they are over rated. They take the Rockstar approach of 'Lots of so so makes a good game!' >.< I mean they make combat based rpgs and their combat is tits. Bad tits. Like 50 year old hippy tits.

Rahk

Fuck. Sorry Holy, again though the information is to benefit you as it is something you should consider getting before you get into the game to avoid getting pissed off that you have to put your play through on pause with the game in the tray if you want to go down that route. I have seen the Kinect with Fruit Ninja/Gunstringer combo for $150 around the traps.

6Tt5h.jpg

DAY NEGATIVE 3000000 BC

Why two watches?

Salazar

A novice kite surfer has died from severe head injuries after he was picked up by a gust of wind and slammed into concrete paving at Redcliffe at the weekend.

Julian Pope, 28, from Wynnum on Brisbane's bayside, was kite surfing on Suttons Beach when he was caught up in a gust of wind and fell onto the concrete pavement about 2.30pm.

He suffered critical head and chest injuries in the crash and was taken by ambulance to the Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital.

I see a heap of people doing this now.

Because I'm oh secondapps and can't be arsed copying to multiquote pretend I've also quoted about bioware.

I'd agree that Bethesda are overrated. That said I loved fallout 3 and skyrim. But oblivion was like a $100 sleeping pill and new Vegas blew 3 out if the water (despite being even more buggy)

As for bioware KOTOR was awesome, dragon age origins was rad, NWN and jade empire was average. I didn't love mass effect but didn't hate it either, I'd pit it in the NWM category. But I didn't like it enough to play 2. And probably not 3 either.

Deeku

I see ME2 PS3 around the place for very cheap and was thinking I'd get it once I'm done with Xenoblade. Is it worth getting if it means never playing the original?
PS3 version comes with an interactive digital comic thing that goes through the major events of the first game. I really enjoyed it even though I didn't think I'd be into it at first. Got me into reading some space novels too!

I might get ME3 this week. Will probably trade in Skyrim since I can't be bothered playing it.

Choc

Banned
based on something i posted before

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

PS3 version comes with an interactive digital comic thing that goes through the major events of the first game. I really enjoyed it even though I didn't think I'd be into it at first. Got me into reading some space novels too!

I might get ME3 this week. Will probably trade in Skyrim since I can't be bothered playing it.
By interactive, do you mean that you can make all the same major decisions you could in the first game?

hamchan

Hmmm, maybe I should just buy ME3 from PSN if it's not a crazy size like 20gb+ or something.

oh it's 14gb. That's an alright size.

just post when the me3 talk has ended or some one pm me on steam
No spoilers here don't worry!

Why two watches?
Start one counting up at the start of a game and another running down from 90 minutes, pausing for stoppages.

Hmmm ME3 reviews look extremely positive. I don't trust the numbers, even though I loved 1 and 2.
Read the RockPaperShotgun review.

Definitely Bioware too.
I will say that I haven't came across any bad bugs in Bioware games for a long time, aside from the always consistent shitty UE3 texture quality and texture pop in that they could never work out.

Hey guys, I'm seeing this rather dashing young gentleman tonight. Jealous?]
I'm going to punch you in the gut next time I see you.

I see ME2 PS3 around the place for very cheap and was thinking I'd get it once I'm done with Xenoblade. Is it worth getting if it means never playing the original?
If you want a good third person shooter in a pretty cool universe and can handle some Gears style cover shooting go for it. Very easy to digest.

By interactive, do you mean that you can make all the same major decisions you could in the first game?
Decisions barely matter between games, makes more impact on the run. Still, nowhere near the same power to them as in The Witcher 2.

Deeku

Yep, as choc said.

It doesn't feel as though you made the choices though since you go in not really knowing anything about the universe. I just ended up googling for what the "ideal" decisions were lol.

Deeku

It's an rpg in the sense that you are role playing a space captain guy roaming around space talking to people...and shooting them from behind cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom