• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF - Twice the price, a year late, filtered and seized by customs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agyar

Red Scarlet said:
Obviously not everyone shares the view you have.

There are no blonde-haired, girly-men or hostess bars Down Under, so we have no cultural reference for your fantasies, final or otherwise.

Fredescu

Free money I guess. SupCom2 and JC2 pre orders seem to be doing well, so I guess they're just pulling out whatever they think might sell. What other old SE games had PC versions?

Agyar

Red Scarlet said:
I don't know of any where I live either!

8yt82u.jpg

Fredescu

To answer my own question, FF 7 and 8 appear to be the only older non online games to have PC versions. I doubt there's much of a jrpg audience on PC, and I doubt TLR did very well considering it was heavily discounted at retail. Anyway, they've only been added to the blob, not officially announced. Maybe they'll be a pre order bonus with FF XIV.

Choc

Banned
I fully expect tommorow for this thread to be full of

FF spoiler (but very early spoiler)

Hope is an annoying piece of shit

i wonder if red agrees considering i think she was playing through the JP build when i was.

I know almost nothing about FF13 aside from Lightning is the main character, there's that nomchan character, a non-Barrett black guy named similar to soap, and some other lady character. And that the game is supposedly pretty linear.

Frawdder

Stackboy said:
What's the general concensus on BC2, Ausgaf? Looking to buy it on PC, down the track. Love MW2.
Great game in my opinion. There is a bunch of us playing it right now (dominated today) and I think we'll be playing it for some time. Join us, it's great fun.

Also, don't mention MW2 around here...

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Stackboy said:
What's the general concensus on BC2, Ausgaf? Looking to buy it on PC, down the track. Love MW2.

It's fun when it works. I haven't played MW2 so i can't really comment on how the MP in that is.

The fuck is going on with your avatar scarlett? I swear it's changed 10 times today!

Bernbaum

markot said:
I honestly dont get the hype for FF games.... They are so bad in every single way. Gameplay, story, characters.... its like... ugh. Yuck!
Nup. Even I, II, and III are still playable these days. I think IV is where the series really kicked off, but for me FF has always had fun, addictive, gameplay.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
commanderdeek said:
Welp, got the body lotion as well.

Let's never do this again.

Next year. We are so doing it again :lol

I'm guessing i will get body lotion tomorrow. Who would have thought they couldn't sell tha on their website .....

Bernbaum

Fredescu said:
I've never played a mainline FF game before. With FF7/8 coming to Steam I might try it if it's the right price.
I think IV or VI is a great place to start, especially if you have a DS with a GBA slot in it.

Holy fuck Red Scarlet, do you have 57 images in your rotating avatar?!?

remz

I know almost nothing about FF13 aside from Lightning is the main character, there's that nomchan character, a non-Barrett black guy named similar to soap, and some other lady character. And that the game is supposedly pretty linear.
Same! but I still want it.

Stackboy said:

As Frawdder said, a bunch of us have been playing it online, destroying the other side in pubs and it's been pretty awesome.

It's ridiculously fun playing with a team of people you know.

Kritz

Banned
Hey guys check out what I won from the bag of crap:

bagoflolz.png

Oh, that's right. I didn't enter it. Haha, fuck you guys. I'm going to buy a Kit-Kat.

(Pretend the $20 is a $10 - I do not have a $10 note on me.)

Quasar

endlessflood said:
It doesn't make any sense at all and neither does the moneyhat theory... surely?

True. But if it affected all versions it would make slightly more sense. Though I don't think anything aside from a marketing sponsorship deal makes any sense.

A ratings issue would have slowed them all down and there being no copies of the PS3 version for Australia also makes no sense.

Rahk

Lavender bath shit. :lol

That's the type of gift you give to your grandmother or aunt because you can't think of anything else. The 1-day team probably just combined their unwanted gifts over the years and are now finally getting rid of them.

Suckers! Glad I missed the opportunity to buy one.

Quasar said:
True. But if it affected all versions it would make slightly more sense. Though I don't think anything aside from a marketing sponsorship deal makes any sense.

A ratings issue would have slowed them all down and there being no copies of the PS3 version for Australia also makes no sense.
Well at least we're clear on the fact that we don't know anything :lol

Fredescu

Bernbaum said:
I think IV or VI is a great place to start, especially if you have a DS with a GBA slot in it.
I don't know if I want to go hunting down GBA games. Does IV have a suspend mode? I hate playing handheld games I can't save at any time.

Deeku

Fredescu said:
I don't know if I want to go hunting down GBA games. Does IV have a suspend mode? I hate playing handheld games I can't save at any time.
It has quicksave on the world map if I remember correctly, but it's probably gonna be hard to find a legit copy. I used to see the ds versions in eb going for around 30 bucks though.

Bernbaum

Fredescu said:
Yeah get the DS version - it's superb. And there is a 'suspend' mode - it's called 'quicksave' and lets you save mid-dungeon, but you have to quit the game and can only load from that spot. There's normal save-game slots when saving in the overworld.

A legitimate copy of FFVI on GBA is a tricky thing to track down, and will cost in the order of $50-80 AUD. Possibly the least divisive FF game - everyone seems to appreciate it and it has aged remarkably well.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
As long as my lavender comes in a slightly large box I'll be happy.

Can't get enough cardboard boxes.

Ventron

So I got a mate to pick up my package for me.

I got a digital camera. One of those shitty ones you get from those Stacker arcade games. I emphasise that this is a shitty digital camera: no zoom, less megapixels than my mobile. I would have preferred the lavender :lol

Ventron

Bernbaum said:
What make/model?

It doesn't have a make/model. It just has "Digital Camera" printed on all sides of the box. It has to be one of those direct asian imports.

I'll see if I can take a photo, using my Canon, a much better camera :lol

trinest

Haahaa that Digital Cam sounds awesome on a lame level.

Someone should tell me next time you do this stuff- I'll do it lol. I want random crap.

Aspiring

4 days until the NRL kickoff. Fuck i cannot wait. Sporting a new avatar to cheer on my club. Im sooo freaking pumped.

On another FUCK YOU Wellington. I had a multi going worth about $680 and had everything get up, just needing them to win in normal time, and they screwed me over. What makes it worse is that i chucked them on last for that extra leg, and they won in extra time. For that i hope Sydney kicks your ass.

Also when does Rugby League 3 come out? I want to read some reviews but i hope its good. Shame it isnt on the PS3. Bit still my mates and I still play the second on the PS2. Would love a next gen (not Wii) version.

Rahk

Ventron said:
It doesn't have a make/model. It just has "Digital Camera" printed on all sides of the box. It has to be one of those direct asian imports.

I'll see if I can take a photo, using my Canon, a much better camera :lol
Take a photo of the "Digital Camera" branded digital camera, and then take a photo of your Canon with the "Digital Camera" branded digital camera in the same position, at the same angle and post the photos here for comparison.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Fredescu said:
I've never played a mainline FF game before. With FF7/8 coming to Steam I might try it if it's the right price.

:O

Rahk said:
Take a photo of the "Digital Camera" branded digital camera, and then take a photo of your Canon with the "Digital Camera" branded digital camera in the same position, at the same angle and post the photos here for comparison.

I like the way you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom