• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF - Twice the price, a year late, filtered and seized by customs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernbaum

So I click 'print' on my PC but had to reconfigure its network settings, hound around for a driver update, and then re-specify the printer in Microsoft Word.

I got impatient so I clicked 'print' on my Mac and seconds later, pages of text came rolling out of my printer.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Bernbaum said:
So I click 'print' on my PC but had to reconfigure its network settings, hound around for a driver update, and then re-specify the printer in Microsoft Word.

I got impatient so I clicked 'print' on my Mac and seconds later, pages of text came rolling out of my printer.

The mac tends to have most drivers built in, windows sort of does as well. But you can always run into an identical situation with the mac which probably leads you to versiontracker :D

Bernbaum

I prefer to imagine that the PCB used in Macs is imbued with arcane magical properties in the manufacturing process and instead of conventional wiring they use locks of Elvish hair.

evlcookie said:
But we do want pictures of the crazy looking box along with impressions :lol . It does look bloody good though thats for sure.

Done.

I took the Express postage option, so hopefully I get it first thing on Thursday morning.

The God of War collection I already have imported, and it's awesome. But yeah, I'll post what I can of the rest.

Choc

Banned
gamesmaster.jpg

games master is coming back!

hirokazu

evlcookie said:
The mac tends to have most drivers built in, windows sort of does as well. But you can always run into an identical situation with the mac which probably leads you to versiontracker :D
I love Snow Leopard printer support. Even if you don't have a printer set up yet, in most circumstances not involving Windows, you can get it added and printing in just a few clicks from the print dialog.

Shaneus

user_nat said:
Do they just give you the code or do they actually mail a card?
Mail the card, so if you don't need the points right away you'll be fine. If you do, just buy some from gamecard and use these cheap ones in an emergency.

Mar

evlcookie said:
Mac users i need your help. I need an application thats FREE FFS! That will copy my music from my iphone to my machine. No trial software bullshit that only allows me to copy 25 songs etc. I want one that's actually free.

.... iTunes?

rass

Mar said:
.... iTunes?
not always possible - I reformatted my mbp a few months back when I was having some font issues and my iphone wasn't synced any more...

looking into bfbc2 - is it like an awesome version of MW2? It looks fun as hell. If people are still playing it in a month or so I'll jump in

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Mar said:
.... iTunes?

PFFFFFFTTTTTTTTT. Good luck with that.

My iphone is synced with my PC at home, not my mac at work. So i'm not going to sync and resync and auth auth auth just to grab a few files. Software was found to do it nice and easy, so it all worked out in the end.

Edit:

Rass: BC2 is a ton of fun. I'm guessing most of us will still be playing it in a few months time, i know some were thinking about picking up a server for it. But i think that will wait for a month at least, to make sure we actually do have an interest in the game still.

The only problem i have with the game at he moment is getting owned by all the higher ranked players. Last night i was getting destroyed. The m60 medic gun is OP as fuck and add that with the uber ammo upgrade (on any weapon really) makes it frustrating to play. Apart from that though it's still a ton of fun and you can easily jump servers if someone is kicking your ass :lol

Mar

evlcookie said:
PFFFFFFTTTTTTTTT. Good luck with that.

My iphone is synced with my PC at home, not my mac at work. So i'm not going to sync and resync and auth auth auth just to grab a few files. Software was found to do it nice and easy, so it all worked out in the end.

Ahh, the dreaded 'one synched system only' catch. It pisses me off too. I still sometimes connect my iphone to my work computer to put a podcast on there, then remember as I drag it onto the phone that it just snaps back and won't let me. So lame.

I've temporarily fixed that issue by buying an iPod Nano. It doesn't care what system you plug it into, the dirty little whore.

rass

evlcookie said:
Rass: BC2 is a ton of fun. I'm guessing most of us will still be playing it in a few months time, i know some were thinking about picking up a server for it. But i think that will wait for a month at least, to make sure we actually do have an interest in the game still.

The only problem i have with the game at he moment is getting owned by all the higher ranked players. Last night i was getting destroyed. The m60 medic gun is OP as fuck and add that with the uber ammo upgrade (on any weapon really) makes it frustrating to play. Apart from that though it's still a ton of fun and you can easily jump servers if someone is kicking your ass :lol
awesome chops, Ive sunk nearly 4 days into MW2 and last night I got my ass beat 3 kills 21 deaths :/ I play well for a few games then it lumps me in with people who have prestiged 5/6 times and I get torn apart. So I'm used to the frustration haha.
If I have any cash left when I get back I'll pick it up straight away - 17th April
Mar said:
you lost the underscore!
smooth

edit:
stupid brain, I just finished reading a review of battlefield 2... from June 2005... Time to read a review of the actual game I am interested in

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
iam.rass said:
awesome chops, Ive sunk nearly 4 days into MW2 and last night I got my ass beat 3 kills 21 deaths :/ I play well for a few games then it lumps me in with people who have prestiged 5/6 times and I get torn apart. So I'm used to the frustration haha.
If I have any cash left when I get back I'll pick it up straight away - 17th April

If all you want to do is run around like an idiot and blow buildings up you can do that as well. It doesn't really give you any points but hey, it's fun.

Do you have a good enough PC to play it?

rass

evlcookie said:
If all you want to do is run around like an idiot and blow buildings up you can do that as well. It doesn't really give you any points but hey, it's fun.

Do you have a good enough PC to play it?

I assume so, it isn't too old..
core i7 920
gtx 260 512mb
6 gig of ram
vista 64 bit (Ill get win 7 after trip)
?

Rahk

Shaneus said:
3000 MSP on Fishpond is REALLY cheap atm. Normally $50, now $35.
Whaaat? I bought them for $40 (and used a $10 off coupon, so $30) a couple days ago and now they are $32. :(

The current coupon code is CUEFISH (valid until midnight Sunday) for $10 off when you spend $40, so you can pretty much get 3000 MSP for $22... sigh.

legend166 said:
Has anyone heard anything about Australia getting access to XNA content?

I really want Rock band network.
You're probably best off making a US gamertag and buying songs with that (you'll need US points). I believe after you buy them you can play the songs with your regular gamertag.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
iam.rass said:
I assume so, it isn't too old..
core i7 920
gtx 260 512mb
6 gig of ram
vista 64 bit (Ill get win 7 after trip)
?

yea you will do fine. It should enjoy your quad core thats for sure. Doubt you will be running everything at uber max, but i run mine on medium and the FPS isn't too bad unless smoke pops up. That seems to kill it for some reason :lol

starsky

Rahk said:
Whaaat? I bought them for $40 (and used a $10 off coupon, so $30) a couple days ago and now they are $32. :(

The current coupon code is CUEFISH (valid until midnight Sunday) for $10 off when you spend $40, so you can pretty much get 3000 MSP for $22... sigh.

The coupon has expired somehow :(.

Rahk

Mojo said:
Do they send via Registered post?
Nope. Not sure if they even have an option to pay extra for registered post. Last time I ordered from them I didn't end up getting the Microsoft points, but I did get the DVD I ordered at the same time. I emailed them a couple days after the ETA and they offered to send another and made a claim to Australia Post.

Fredescu said:
It turns out that one of my old EQ friends hosts one of the Aussie Altitude servers. You guys ever play on cynsational?
Pretty sure that's the only Australian server. :lol

bakemono said:
The coupon has expired somehow :(.
Oh. It said midnight Sunday of this week on OzBargain. There's probably some other coupons you can use. Just google for them. I think there's a $10 off one for new customers, and probably at least $5 if you're not.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
viciouskillersquirrel said:
So I got my bag of crap.

It contained a crap bag (it's a Cricket Bag, for all my cricket storage needs).

Oh well. I needed to buy a new bag anyway.
Does yours also smell weird?

rass

so i bought BFBC2 :)
self control is not my strong point, it's downloading at the moment but I probably won't get to play it until next week :/
it looks so damn good!

Kritz

Banned
Today I bought this:

nerf-n-strike-recon-cs-6.jpg

:( but the laser sight was missing.

I think I am going to go nerf gun crazy these next few weeks... I already feel sorry for any moving object in my house.

Agyar

Kritz said:
Today I bought this:

:( but the laser sight was missing.

I think I am going to go nerf gun crazy these next few weeks... I already feel sorry for any moving object in my house.

This one was on special in the latest Big W catalogue. Very tempting, although it would get about five minutes of use before my girlfriend breaks it or me.

nerf-vulcan-heavy-blaster.jpg

Kritz

Banned
Agyar said:
This one was on special in the latest Big W catalogue. Very tempting, although it would get about five minutes of use before my girlfriend breaks it or me.

Suddenly I feel like recreating Normandy, with nerfs...

remz

Haha orbi, man at least you weren't featured in our very first one on one with me and kritz (which was fun actually, but still)

If anyone ever gets the urge to play dawn of war 2 soon, I am TOTALLY UP FOR IT, almost ALL WEEKEND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom