• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australian Ratings Board Leaks Atlus USA's Release of Attack on Titan

Takao

Banned
fjNA5C8.png

http://www.classification.gov.au/Pa...8N54yORZ9a6xqcf5CU9R14+lqawLmVA0tWHsHBG9lWpXU

This is the 3DS game. It says multi, but all Aussie classifications do.

Via: Pockett

Will it be the new version or the original release?

Depends on when it release but considering the new version is coming out in December in Japan, it doesn't seem too likely that Atlus got that version. Seems like a little while before that version goes gold

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
So, digital only for Europe, just like Conception II.

Was there really no European publisher interested?* Anime is bigger in mainland Europe than it is in the UK (can't say about Australia) so it being stuck with an English only digital release is a bit regrettable really.

*-I see Atlus USA as a publisher of last resort for Europe; for better or worse.

The niche localization houses have jumped on seemingly every terrible Vita game, so it's nice to see them giving that same consideration to the 3DS.

Well at the very least I'm sure this will probably sell decently for Atlus as people will probably just buy this game on the name alone.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Heard the new version fixed some stuff. You'd think this series would make for a good game, like Shadow of the Colossus mixed with Spiderman 2.

Ridley327

Heard the new version fixed some stuff. You'd think this series would make for a good game, like Shadow of the Colossus mixed with Spiderman 2.

Never underestimate how quickly companies want to cash in on their successes.

Didn't Namco already pass on this for quality reasons?

Auctopus

Bad camera and all Titan kills are QTE events. Play the free browser game instead: http://fenglee.com/game/aog/

Damn, this is good for a browser game. They even have custom characters, something I'd want in a AAA version. Controls are a little fiddly but the gameplay pulls off.

It sounds shortsighted but I can't wait wait for this IP to be exploited in video games. Please, Platinum.

Damn, this is good for a browser game. They even have custom characters, something I'd want in a AAA version. Controls are a little fiddly but the gameplay pulls off.

It sounds shortsighted but I can't wait wait for this IP to be exploited in video games. Please, Platinum.

3DS game has custom characters as well IIRC.

Percy

Banned
Game looked awful but the sad thing is that I'll probably still buy it so long as it isn't a digital only release.

Zareka

Rated in Australia, published by Atlus. What a weird leak.

Digital only
European release confirmed then?
Depends on when it release but considering the new version is coming out in December in Japan, it doesn't seem too likely that Atlus got that version. Seems like a little while before that version goes gold
I know it's a different publisher 'n all, but we did get the updated version of Bravely Default. I reckon this'll be the updated edition.

L~A

Not necessarily. Game get rated in Australia really early, sometimes. For example, Steel Diver : Sub Was got rated in October, even though the game only came out in February.

Besides, the new version should go out in a couple of days at most: game on cartridges always go gold much earlier than on discs, since they take longer to manufacture.

sörine

Banned
Figured this would get picked up since SC was actively pushing for it. Hope Atlus gives Kenka Bancho another shot too.

Generally it's easier to co-localize releases rather than have the team go back after the fact to program the western version. I'm pretty sure this will be the Chain edition.

robotrock

Banned
Me too, but the show does seem to be pretty popular in the West (as older-skewing anime goes). I doubt it'll get a retail release, but I guess it could do well enough as a DD game.

This show is suuuuper big here. A few of my friends who are big into Tumblr and also never watch anime things loved it.

It being under Atlus it's guaranteed to be digital-only in EU and AUS, but in NA it should be retail as Atlus so far has not done any digital-only releases on both 3DS and Vita IIRC.

I feel bad for Atlus fans in EU and AUS, especially for the shit they went through for SMT4. :(

sörine

Banned
NOE really should've just stepped up and published SMT4 at retail. Especially with the coming FE crossover, SMT's a good franchise for Nintendo to cement with their audience.

L~A

By the way, I believe it's the Chain edition. After all, the page mentions 'online interactivity', and only the Chain edition got online play.

I don't think DLC counts as online interactivity, and I don't remember any other online feature in the original version.

Oregano

Me too, but the show does seem to be pretty popular in the West (as older-skewing anime goes). I doubt it'll get a retail release, but I guess it could do well enough as a DD game.

True, I just thought that publishers were being very reluctant to localise 3DS games.

I don't watch the show since Anime isn't really my thing but I would play the hell out of an open world, Shadow of Colossus style AOT game.

Man, what I wouldn't do to have a fully fleshed out version on the U or other home consoles.

Fully open world, get missions to help the city or go about exploring the outer regions and fight titans of varying size in an epic battle of wits and agility.

One day. One day...

I wonder if they'll dub it and if it will be the same Funimation cast.

I wouldn't mind if they give it a new cast. :p

My biggest problem with the dub though was with the adapted script from J. Michael Tatum. I didn't like how he wrote/adapted some of the characters, particularly Mikasa.

Either way, Bryce Papenbrook will probably reprise Eren since he's already in LA. :(

Koppai

Surprising last I heard the project was dead. It having a rating on a board means it's not. You never know it could be the newer version even if its not out in Japan yet.

Top Bottom