• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australian Ratings Board Leaks Atlus USA's Release of Attack on Titan

This series gives me the vibe of "you know, this IP could result in a really freaking awesome game but it would be almost impossible to come up with intuitive gameplay controls". All the pieces are there in the manga/anime but it would be so hard to make work. Like some kind of screwed up parkour between Titanfall and AC that would have a 99% chance of failing but a 1% chance of being the best thing ever.

I'm curious to see how fans will react to this game.

Some say it sucks, but it debuted with 90k in Japan and went on to sell 300k... bad games don't have legs like that.

Was there really no European publisher interested?* Anime is bigger in mainland Europe than it is in the UK (can't say about Australia) so it being stuck with an English only digital release is a bit regrettable really.

*-I see Atlus USA as a publisher of last resort for Europe; for better or worse.
I exactly think the same thing, I say something similar in every atlus and nisa thread.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I'm curious to see how fans will react to this game.

Some say it sucks, but it debuted with 90k in Japan and went on to sell 300k... bad games don't have legs like that.

I think a large percentage of those bad comments are based on hearsay, due to people being unhappy that it is not the official version of the online browser one, and is not on the console.

Yasumi

Banned
No, not this. Atlus why? Even just watching videos, the camera's a twitchy mess that glitches through literally everything, the human combat consists entirely of QTEs, the titan combat is incredibly dull and looks like string puppets wailing on each other. This just doesn't look like a good game, and there's no way they could make it into a good game.

No, not this. Atlus why? Even just watching videos, the camera's a twitchy mess that glitches through literally everything, the human combat consists entirely of QTEs, the titan combat is incredibly dull and looks like string puppets wailing on each other. This just doesn't look like a good game, and there's no way they could make it into a good game.

The Chain version isn't out yet so maybe they fixed a lot of the issues.

Top Bottom