Australian Rules Football (AFL) Thread |OT| Boy oh boy wowee!

Nov 17, 2013
Melbourne Australia
You guys actually watch women’s sport?
I love a lot of women's sport, especially tennis. But God, the AFLW is proper awful.

Appreciate the effort and all, but until the skills and athleticism improve I won't be taking this seriously.

And they could probably stop talking it up so much. You want a woman's league, fair play. But it's c grade, you gotta call it as you see it.

AND GO THE MIGHTY PIES 2019.

Oct 24, 2017
Macca is a bit of a specimen. People have said, I remind them of him.
I knew someone would mention McLeod instead of Abbey. :messenger_grinning:

I don’t do the Instagram thing, but from what I remember due to a post on another forum, you should check out that Crows player’s instagram account. She likes bikinis.
Yep, I've seen Abbey's social media pics. Not bad. She does/did fitness competitions.

Georgie posts some good stuff on Twitter as well.

Oct 27, 2017
your mind
I love a lot of women's sport, especially tennis. But God, the AFLW is proper awful.

Appreciate the effort and all, but until the skills and athleticism improve I won't be taking this seriously.

And they could probably stop talking it up so much. You want a woman's league, fair play. But it's c grade, you gotta call it as you see it.

AND GO THE MIGHTY PIES 2019.
Yeah, the skills are largely terrible, but they have to start somewhere. I’m no tree-hugger, but the men have had decades of professionalism and yet the women are in their third year. Long way to go.

I agree, they are pushing it too much instead of letting it evolve naturally. I think the AFL (Gil) caved to the public pressure. Their initial plan was to grow it gradually, but the screams of “waaaamen hear me roar! Equal! Equal!” got too loud to ignore.

It is what it is. In the meantime, I watch for butts.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2017
It's going to take a decade for it to get better. When players like Chloe Molloy are the standard is when it will take off.

A decent crowd is building up at Kardinia Park, it's apparently around 12k-15k at the moment.

Oct 27, 2017
your mind
It's going to take a decade for it to get better. When players like Chloe Molloy are the standard is when it will take off.

A decent crowd is building up at Kardinia Park, it's apparently around 12k-15k at the moment.
Shit, that’s a great crowd. Are they giving away free tickets? The AFL have done that the past couple of seasons.

Oct 24, 2017
The Pies stunk it up that quarter.

It's still low scoring and scrappy but not as bad as last year. The players are finding a bit more space and are holding more marks.

Probably should watch this to get a look at these new rules. I'm salivating at the thought of our midfield with these new rules.
It's going to be interesting. Hopefully Daniel Wells can stay uninjured as well, which will give us a killer midfield.