• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australian Rules Football (AFL) Thread |OT| Boy oh boy wowee!

farmerboy

You guys actually watch women’s sport?

I love a lot of women's sport, especially tennis. But God, the AFLW is proper awful.

Appreciate the effort and all, but until the skills and athleticism improve I won't be taking this seriously.

And they could probably stop talking it up so much. You want a woman's league, fair play. But it's c grade, you gotta call it as you see it.

AND GO THE MIGHTY PIES 2019.

Bullet Club

Macca is a bit of a specimen. People have said, I remind them of him.
I knew someone would mention McLeod instead of Abbey. :messenger_grinning:

I don’t do the Instagram thing, but from what I remember due to a post on another forum, you should check out that Crows player’s instagram account. She likes bikinis.
Yep, I've seen Abbey's social media pics. Not bad. She does/did fitness competitions.

Georgie posts some good stuff on Twitter as well.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I love a lot of women's sport, especially tennis. But God, the AFLW is proper awful.

Appreciate the effort and all, but until the skills and athleticism improve I won't be taking this seriously.

And they could probably stop talking it up so much. You want a woman's league, fair play. But it's c grade, you gotta call it as you see it.

AND GO THE MIGHTY PIES 2019.
Yeah, the skills are largely terrible, but they have to start somewhere. I’m no tree-hugger, but the men have had decades of professionalism and yet the women are in their third year. Long way to go.

I agree, they are pushing it too much instead of letting it evolve naturally. I think the AFL (Gil) caved to the public pressure. Their initial plan was to grow it gradually, but the screams of “waaaamen hear me roar! Equal! Equal!” got too loud to ignore.

It is what it is. In the meantime, I watch for butts.

kAZn6cz.jpg

Last edited:

Bullet Club

It's going to take a decade for it to get better. When players like Chloe Molloy are the standard is when it will take off.

A decent crowd is building up at Kardinia Park, it's apparently around 12k-15k at the moment.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
It's going to take a decade for it to get better. When players like Chloe Molloy are the standard is when it will take off.

A decent crowd is building up at Kardinia Park, it's apparently around 12k-15k at the moment.
Shit, that’s a great crowd. Are they giving away free tickets? The AFL have done that the past couple of seasons.

farmerboy

Probably should watch this to get a look at these new rules. I'm salivating at the thought of our midfield with these new rules.

Bullet Club

The Pies stunk it up that quarter.

It's still low scoring and scrappy but not as bad as last year. The players are finding a bit more space and are holding more marks.

Probably should watch this to get a look at these new rules. I'm salivating at the thought of our midfield with these new rules.
It's going to be interesting. Hopefully Daniel Wells can stay uninjured as well, which will give us a killer midfield.

Bullet Club

He’s back for a photo. He won’t be back playing AFL for a looooooong time after breaking a hip.
He's been doing training/rehab at the club too.

You wouldn't expect him to play this year but even playing in 2020 would be pretty amazing.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Now to see if the female Geelong team are as annoying as the men’s...

Do they have a Duckwood?

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I'm guessing that pic isn't Sarah Perkins?
Lol.

I don’t think she plays for us anymore. She’s made a cameo appearance maybe. Doc Clarke realised her promise of being dedicated and dropping weight was just hot air.

Seriously, that’s what I put it down to. She claimed in season one that she was grateful for the opportunity and she was dedicated to a program to lose weight. Meanwhile, we are in season three and she’s just as big, if not bigger and not getting games. Dedicated to Miccy D’s maybe.

Bullet Club

Top of the ladder so you haven't needed her. She should have suited to the 6/6/6 though, leading out from the square.

Is this the one with the Oval Pitch and about 30+ on the pitch?

I saw this in a Pub at night omce and just loved the insane runs and carnagr on the pitch!

Shame it is on late. :(

Yeah it is. 18 players per team on the ground and it's played on cricket ovals.

Nice! I remember watching it and was confused at first but just loved the hussle of it all!

It was on at 8/9pm in the UK last September which looked very early in Australia. Is that common or do you play in the Evenings?

MacReady13

Nice! I remember watching it and was confused at first but just loved the hussle of it all!

It was on at 8/9pm in the UK last September which looked very early in Australia. Is that common or do you play in the Evenings?

We play Friday night's at around 7:45pm est. Saturday's from around 1pm through to around 7:30ish pm, and Sunday's similar start times to Saturday games. Sometimes there is a Monday night game at around 7:45pm and a Thursday night game around 7:45pm.

We play Friday night's at around 7:45pm est. Saturday's from around 1pm through to around 7:30ish pm, and Sunday's similar start times to Saturday games. Sometimes there is a Monday night game at around 7:45pm and a Thursday night game around 7:45pm.

Thanks for the info!

Damn. I guess I will have to watch the highlights as being in the UK means it's on super early or late. :(

Last edited:

Bullet Club

Carlton v Richmond (MCG)

Carlton

B Jarrod Garlett, Liam Jones, Lachie Plowman
HB Kade Simpson, Jacob Weitering, Nic Newman
C Marc Murphy, Patrick Cripps, Zac Fisher
HF Michael Gibbons, Charlie Curnow, Sam Walsh
F Ed Curnow, Mitch McGovern, Harry McKay
FOL Andrew Phillips, Paddy Dow, Sam Petrevski-Seton
I/C Dale Thomas, David Cuningham, Alex Fasolo, Will Setterfield

EMG Cameron Polson, Lochie O’Brien, Levi Casboult, Matthew Lobbe

Richmond

B Alex Rance, David Astbury, Dylan Grimes
HB Nick Vlastuin, Bachar Houli, Jayden Short
C Shane Edwards, Trent Cotchin, Kamdyn McIntosh
HF Daniel Rioli, Dan Butler, Maverick Weller
F Jack Riewoldt, Dustin Martin, Tom J. Lynch
FOL Toby Nankervis, Dion Prestia, Kane Lambert
I/C Noah Balta, Jack Higgins, Jack Graham, Nathan Broad

EMG Ivan Soldo, Brandon Ellis, Oleg Markov, Connor Menadue

And here's some stuff for the Fantasy/SC fans.

FREAKO!

https://freako.championdata.com/2019/FF_2019_JLT.pdf

Fry’s Cash Cows – 2019 AFL Fantasy Rookie Guide

AFL Fantasy: Round 1 Reliable Rookies

Calvin’s Captains – Rd. 1

JWB7hEx.jpg

M

Macapala

Unconfirmed Member
I was going to go to the Carlton vs Richmond game, then I realised it isn't a Richmond home game so my membership doesn't cover it. Disappointed....

Top Bottom