• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australian Rules Football (AFL) Thread |OT| Boy oh boy wowee!

MacReady13

A big comeback by the Blues. Curnow's tearing the Dogs up.

I was at the game- ground level in AFL members area. Security were patrolling the isles every 10-15 minutes! I know many of us there felt intimidated to even barrack loudly! It was almost like we were in prison and let out for the day to watch a game of footy!

In regards to SOS, he is a master of getting players into our club. The deals he struck in his 1st year with us to get 5 players in the draft was extraordinary. Our swap with the Crows' 1st pick this year was brilliant in my opinion. Gave Bolton and the rest of the coaches warning that we are ready to move up the ladder. Unfortunately for Bolton he didn't read that memo and he is gone. 1st pick this year won't be used in this draft anyway, it's going to go to another club for more senior players. I'm quite confident in saying that we have enough top end talent at our club, they are just on the wrong side of 25 at the moment.

As for Betts and Waite, Waite was great at the Blues. Just continuously injured/suspended, but he was much loved. Betts was a star at the club, but tended to fade out in games too often. Still, he was incredible for us and I think it's debatable whether he has improved all that much. His game for us against the bombers* where he kicked 8 goals was genius!

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
How convenient that Stephenson’s ban finishes on the eve of finals.

Never change AVFL. Never change.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
My source at the Carlton Football Club suggested that Clarkson is closer than he has ever been to leaving the hawks and coming to the blues...
You must be on BigFooty. Everyone on BigFooty has a source, lol.

Seriously though, it would be a good time to leave for him. He milked everything he could out of those draft picks and father/sons. Hawks are on the way down, time to jump ship and make big money.

MacReady13

You must be on BigFooty. Everyone on BigFooty has a source, lol.

Seriously though, it would be a good time to leave for him. He milked everything he could out of those draft picks and father/sons. Hawks are on the way down, time to jump ship and make big money.

I am on Big Footy! Seriously though, I do know someone in the know, and was informed we are making a pretty big play for Clarkson. Not too sure how I feel about it but if the hierarchy think he's the right man for our list, then move heaven and earth for him.

h00ters

Few random opinions:

- This fuss about monitoring of crowd behaviour has been way overblown. Security has always had a presence walking the aisles at games, people are just putting a spotlight on it because of recent media attention.
- I've got no problem with security coming down hard on people who make dickheads of themselves. There's a difference between barracking and being provocative, so if we can kick out the blokes who intentionally try to provoke opposition supporters before shit spills out of control, I'm all for it.
- Gambling in the AFL is cooked. I understand the $10m the AFL gets from their partnerships is a lot of money to turn away, but they have a moral obligation to both fans and supporters to rid the game of this cheap cash grab. In the future we will look back on gambling advertising the same way we now look back at cigarette advertising from the early 1900s.
- Charlie Curnow is a jet when he is kept at FF
- I would give my left and right to have De Goey at Melbourne
- Max Gawn should solo captain the Dees next year

MacReady13

Carlton beat Freo! What a game!

Tell me about it! I took the wife and kids to a restaurant and the game was playing right in front of me on the big screen! You’ve never seen a 39 year old guy go through so many emotional ups and downs in that last quarter!
Teague has shown in 3 games what I’ve known for a while- these kids can play and this team can fucking WIN!

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Tell me about it! I took the wife and kids to a restaurant and the game was playing right in front of me on the big screen! You’ve never seen a 39 year old guy go through so many emotional ups and downs in that last quarter!
Teague has shown in 3 games what I’ve known for a while- these kids can play and this team can fucking WIN!
Teague’s supposedly a really, really switched on coach. I kept hearing that when he was at the Crows.

MacReady13

Teague’s supposedly a really, really switched on coach. I kept hearing that when he was at the Crows.
I’m happy for him to stay as our head coach assuming the wheels don’t fall off from now until years end. But he’s been amazing.

And great news about Majak Daw. I know a few of his mates who work with me and say he’s in a good space now, which is great to hear.

welcome back Nick Nat! Can't believe how good the Coasters have been going at the G, yeah it was close but a wins a win... bodes well for that one day in September again ;) There's a guy in the bears with arm tatts that looks like Justin Leppitch. Heheh.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
There's no way the Crows could get Grundy and Oraaaaaziiiiiooo.
I don’t really believe the Grundy rumours. The Crows would have to give up too much. Although, Carlton’s first draft pick next year helps.

As for Fantasia. I was told that his plan is to come back eventually, but I wasn’t given a timeframe. Apparently he loves the Crows and it’s his dream to play for them.

Bullet Club

This game has been a shocker. Collingwood have forgotten how to attack and our skills have been terrible. The Hawks try hard but they aren't a top tier team anymore.

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
This game has been a shocker. Collingwood have forgotten how to attack and our skills have been terrible. The Hawks try hard but they aren't a top tier team anymore.
Yeah, we're going through a rough patch atm. Another year without a flag - it's fuckin tough man.

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
That was a great game.
Was counting on the Hawks to lose so we've got a better shot at Anderson, but the win still felt good.
Shocked at people who think the Hawks are on the slide. Coniglio, Patton, a top 5 pick and Mitchell back, and we're pushing for top 4 again next year.

Bullet Club

Jeepers, Richmond are slaughtering the Suns.

76 points in front 14 minutes into the second quarter.

Last edited:
what the hell happened to the cats?! Interesting week so far. Funny how Sundays matches are next to each other on ladder. Let's go Bears!
Yeah dunno what happened with Freo, but it made my day :) With Kennedy hopefully back next week it's gonna be a tough one for Pies

Top Bottom