• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australian Rules Football (AFL) Thread |OT| Boy oh boy wowee!

MacReady13

Blues on a roll since sacking Bolton.

God it's good. I was almost ready to give up this game I love..................

Nah not really, but still it was bloody hard trying to watch every week, knowing we have the talent but something was breaking down. Turns out it was the coach (like most of us supporters already knew). Bolton was a real nice guy with no sense of gameday coaching. The list is primed and ready to go. Now to just give Teague the reigns and see what he can do!

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
God it's good. I was almost ready to give up this game I love..................

Nah not really, but still it was bloody hard trying to watch every week, knowing we have the talent but something was breaking down. Turns out it was the coach (like most of us supporters already knew). Bolton was a real nice guy with no sense of gameday coaching. The list is primed and ready to go. Now to just give Teague the reigns and see what he can do!
This is typical Adelaide Crows luck. Finally have a chance at their first number 1 draft pick (Carlton’s first) and the Carlton get their shit together and Gold Coast start having the season from hell and start lobbying the AFL for a priority pick.

What looked like pick 1 a few weeks ago is now looking more like pick 3 or worse with academy selections.

But, I’m happy for you, Blues fans. No, really. 😡:messenger_angry:

MacReady13

This is typical Adelaide Crows luck. Finally have a chance at their first number 1 draft pick (Carlton’s first) and the Carlton get their shit together and Gold Coast start having the season from hell and start lobbying the AFL for a priority pick.

What looked like pick 1 a few weeks ago is now looking more like pick 3 or worse with academy selections.

But, I’m happy for you, Blues fans. No, really. 😡:messenger_angry:

Any pick within the top 10 could be a potential pick 1. Just choose wisely.

Also, what's going on with Gibbsy? He just out of form or something happening there?

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Any pick within the top 10 could be a potential pick 1. Just choose wisely.

Also, what's going on with Gibbsy? He just out of form or something happening there?
I’ve heard from multiple sources that he’s in deep shit with some bad people. His mind’s not on the job as a result. I haven’t been following the online musings much this season, so I’m not sure what has been said so far. It’s not good. Crows were dumb, got screwed. Paid big for a player with baggage.

MacReady13

I’ve heard from multiple sources that he’s in deep shit with some bad people. His mind’s not on the job as a result. I haven’t been following the online musings much this season, so I’m not sure what has been said so far. It’s not good. Crows were dumb, got screwed. Paid big for a player with baggage.

From what I heard, he had cheated on his missus and that was why he went back to Adelaide. I was very happy what we got for him. Good player and at his best a very good player, but I think your mob VASTLY overrated him.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
From what I heard, he had cheated on his missus and that was why he went back to Adelaide. I was very happy what we got for him. Good player and at his best a very good player, but I think your mob VASTLY overrated him.
That’s different from what I heard. You’re right, completely overrated him. Still, I think we intended for a player with composure and classy skills to come into the team and compliment our midfield. Give us better forward delivery and experience to add to our Grand Final making side. I don’t think they expected him to be a dominating superstar (a la Patrick Dangerfield). What they got instead was a depressed and in trouble 30+ year old whose attention was not on football.

MacReady13

That’s different from what I heard. You’re right, completely overrated him. Still, I think we intended for a player with composure and classy skills to come into the team and compliment our midfield. Give us better forward delivery and experience to add to our Grand Final making side. I don’t think they expected him to be a dominating superstar (a la Patrick Dangerfield). What they got instead was a depressed and in trouble 30+ year old whose attention was not on football.

What did you hear?

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
What did you hear?
I don’t know if I should say. I would feel bad to be the one to spread it around first. Give me a bit, I’ll check Big Footy. If it’s already out there and they are talking about it, then I’ll spill. It probably is already, but I don’t want to be that guy. It seems to be well known.

Sorry for the tease. I’ll be back.

h00ters

I don’t know if I should say. I would feel bad to be the one to spread it around first. Give me a bit, I’ll check Big Footy. If it’s already out there and they are talking about it, then I’ll spill. It probably is already, but I don’t want to be that guy. It seems to be well known.

I'll say it because it's been doing the rounds down here for months in Melbourne.

Rumours are that he has a shocking gambling addiction as is in deep debt with a few bookies.

It's honestly going to require a player to take their own life before the AFL finally takes action on the over-saturation of gambling that surrounds not just AFL, but sport in general in this country.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I'll say it because it's been doing the rounds down here for months in Melbourne.

Rumours are that he has a shocking gambling addiction as is in deep debt with a few bookies.

It's honestly going to require a player to take their own life before the AFL finally takes action on the over-saturation of gambling that surrounds not just AFL, but sport in general in this country.
That’s it. He’s in the hole $1,000,000+. People want their money. Serious people. He’s not too popular at the moment.

MacReady13

Shit you responded. Bloody hell... He's in big trouble then.

Last edited:

goober

Gonna be in Australia in August, is it worth it to watch an AFL game even though I know nothing about it? Options are Essendon vs Western Bulldogs or St Kilda vs Fremantle

h00ters

Gonna be in Australia in August, is it worth it to watch an AFL game even though I know nothing about it? Options are Essendon vs Western Bulldogs or St Kilda vs Fremantle
If you're going to be in Melbourne for that weekend then I'd instead suggest you attend Melbourne vs Collingwood at the MCG on the Saturday afternoon.

The MCG is a far better stadium compared to Marvel and the two teams are big rivals so you usually get a pretty good crowd.

h00ters

Alternatively on the Sunday you've got Richmond v Carlton who are also two big Melbourne clubs at the MCG which would also be a great experience.

Basically you want to be at the MCG as opposed to Marvel Stadium if possible.

Bullet Club

Blues/Crows next week could be a battle for a top 5 pick for the Crows and a top 10 pick for the Blues.

The first time Carlton are playing for a draft pick where they don't have to tank.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Party pooper!

Yeah, you're right. Sorry, mate!
It’s alright. If you had typed anything else, I probably would have laughed. But, I’d never say that about the mighty Crows!

Although, they did fucking suck against Essendon.

MacReady13

It’s alright. If you had typed anything else, I probably would have laughed. But, I’d never say that about the mighty Crows!

Although, they did fucking suck against Essendon.

Why’d they have to lose against the bombers*? Of all teams, why lose to the druggies?

Bullet Club

I don't think we can make top 4, Bull. Look lethargic mate, not sure how we can straighten up.
It's going to be tough with Richmond, GWS & Essendon breathing down our neck. We have 3 tough games and 2 easier ones left.

Tom Langdon is out for the year after having knee surgery.

Bullet Club

We played better in the last 5 minutes but it's too little too late.

Cox hasn't been playing well in dry weather so he was always going to struggle in the wet. Goldsack should have played instead.

MacReady13

We played better in the last 5 minutes but it's too little too late.

Cox hasn't been playing well in dry weather so he was always going to struggle in the wet. Goldsack should have played instead.

What a dramatic drop off. A mate of mine is hearing there is a rift between players after the betting scandal was leaked by a player about a team mate...

Bullet Club

Port making it hard for themselves. They are still only a game from the Crows in 8th though like 4 other teams.

Dees go from top 4 last year and flag favs to a clear 17th on the ladder with 4 games to go.

What a dramatic drop off. A mate of mine is hearing there is a rift between players after the betting scandal was leaked by a player about a team mate...
Don't think it was leaked. Stephenson jokingly mentioned it in the change rooms after the Saints game, Howe said he should talk to the club officials and he did.

Our three problems are poor form, our game plan has been cracked and losing key players like Stephenson, Moore, Beams & Adams.

farmerboy

rOLSYxn.jpg

Injuries are killing us. I think the game plan is fine, it's just that poor form means we aren't executing too well.

Top Bottom