• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australian Rules Football (AFL) Thread |OT| Boy oh boy wowee!

MacReady13

SEN reported that Josh Kennedy (WCE) had done his knee, but apparently it's not true.

To answer MacReady13's question:

Number of players who played every game of the 2019 home and away season by club;

11 Brisbane
9 Bulldogs
8 Collingwood, Freo, Sydney
7 Crows, Demons, North, Saints
6 Geelong, Hawthorn
5 GWS, West Coast
4 Suns
3 Carlton, Essendon
2 Port, Richmond.

Brisbane also had another 4 players that played 20 games. So not many injuries at the Lions.
Mind you, I had no clue about these stats, just based on what I’d seen all year it looked to me like the lions had a pretty good run with injuries. Turns out I was right!

Bullet Club

Tex Walker has stood down as Crows captain.

Richmond's Jack Higgins needs more brain surgery and will miss most of next season.

Dayne Beams has been hospitalized due to having an adverse reaction to pain medication.

Bullet Club

West Coast v Essendon at Optus Stadium 6.10pm AWST

WEST COAST

In: W.Schofield, N.Naitanui, M.Hutchings
Out: O.Allen (knee soreness), L.Duggan, J.Petruccelle

ESSENDON

In: C.Hooker, J.Stringer, O.Fantasia, D.Heppell, W.Snelling
Out: M.Hartley, T.Jok, J.Begley, D.Clarke, M.Gleeson (calf)

MacReady13

West Coast v Essendon at Optus Stadium 6.10pm AWST

WEST COAST

In: W.Schofield, N.Naitanui, M.Hutchings
Out: O.Allen (knee soreness), L.Duggan, J.Petruccelle

ESSENDON

In: C.Hooker, J.Stringer, O.Fantasia, D.Heppell, W.Snelling
Out: M.Hartley, T.Jok, J.Begley, D.Clarke, M.Gleeson (calf)

My fingers/toes/eyes/balls are all crossed hoping the Eagles SMASH the bombers* tonight. It would please me greatly to see them lose by a large margin and continue the number of days without a finals win!!!

Bullet Club

My fingers/toes/eyes/balls are all crossed hoping the Eagles SMASH the bombers* tonight. It would please me greatly to see them lose by a large margin and continue the number of days without a finals win!!!
I think you will get your wish and the Eagles will win by 40+.

I'm hoping for a good game though.

MacReady13

I think you will get your wish and the Eagles will win by 40+.

I'm hoping for a good game though.

I’ve been around long enough to NEVER trust the bombers*. When you expect they’ll lose, they somehow win. I’m fairly confident the eagles will win by 6+ goals, but you just don’t know with this mob.

Bullet Club

Friday, September 6

Geelong v Collingwood at the MCG, 7.50pm AEST

GEELONG

In:
J.Kolodjashnij, T.Atkins
Out: L.Henderson, C.Guthrie (calf soreness)

COLLINGWOOD

In:
J.De Goey, S.Sidebottom, J.Stephenson
Out: J.Madgen, M.Scharenberg, T.Varcoe

Saturday, September 7

Greater Western Sydney v Western Bulldogs at Giants Stadium, 3.20pm AEST

GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY

In:
N.Haynes, T.Greene, B.Deledio, J.Hopper
Out: I.Cumming, L.Keeffe, A.Tomlinson, I.Hill

WESTERN BULLDOGS

No changes

Brisbane v Richmond at the Gabba, 7.25pm AEST

BRISBANE

In:
A.Christensen
Out: C.Cox

RICHMOND

In:
T.Nankervis
Out: N.Balta

Bullet Club

Seriously, I know Paul Kelly, but who the fuck are the others?
I don't know who they are either although I have heard this song by Dean Lewis.

And this went to #1 last year:

Sounds like he's the Australian version of Ed Sheeran.

Tones and I is a singer, every article says she's from the "Mornington Peninsula", but no exact place so I'm going to assume she's from Frankston. She released her first album last week and this single is currently at #1 on the ARIA charts:

And this track got to 12:

She's like a fat Sia but not as good.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I don't know who they are either although I have heard this song by Dean Lewis.

And this went to #1 last year:

Sounds like he's the Australian version of Ed Sheeran.

Tones and I is a singer, every article says she's from the "Mornington Peninsula", but no exact place so I'm going to assume she's from Frankston. She released her first album last week and this single is currently at #1 on the ARIA charts:

And this track got to 12:

She's like a fat Sia but not as good.

I can happily say I have never encountered any of their music. Sometimes being old and oblivious is awesome.

MacReady13

Thanks FUCK the bombers* lost last night. In hindsight it's quite easy to say they deserved the smashing, but in reality we should've seen this coming. They fell into the top 8 as every team below them just couldn't win a game!

Bullet Club

0J4fayL.jpg

Packed house.

MacReady13

I used to hate Collingwood growing up, but nowadays I hate Geelong about 10,000 times more. So, well done.

For some strange reason (maybe to do with those fucking Scott brothers) but I too hate the cats whereas I never had a massive hatred for them. I still loathe the pies though!!!

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
For some strange reason (maybe to do with those fucking Scott brothers) but I too hate the cats whereas I never had a massive hatred for them. I still loathe the pies though!!!
For me it was the arrogance of their coach. The AFL bending the rules for them (eg seemingly endless salary cap, rewarding ducking), poaching other team’s players and the Dangerfield pony show.

MacReady13

For me it was the arrogance of their coach. The AFL bending the rules for them (eg seemingly endless salary cap, rewarding ducking), poaching other team’s players and the Dangerfield pony show.

It has been a build up of shit with them. I seriously cannot stand the Scott brothers though. There was a small period there where I was hearing the blues were into Brad Scott and I would've considered not following the blues whilst he was there. That is how much I despise them. Such fucking sooks the both of them. I'm sure the narrative this week will be how they SHOULD have played in Geelong and how they will WANT to play in Geelong this week. They won't beat the Eagles next week.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
It has been a build up of shit with them. I seriously cannot stand the Scott brothers though. There was a small period there where I was hearing the blues were into Brad Scott and I would've considered not following the blues whilst he was there. That is how much I despise them. Such fucking sooks the both of them. I'm sure the narrative this week will be how they SHOULD have played in Geelong and how they will WANT to play in Geelong this week. They won't beat the Eagles next week.
Will be funny for them to have such a great year and then fuck up in finals.

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
They should have played in Geelong.

Bullet Club

It's looking like Danny Frawley's death might have been a suicide. Most articles have the Lifeline/Beyond Blue number at the end of them and good ol' Jeffrey blurted this out:

And this is in The Age article:

In quiet moments, he told those he trusted that he was struggling to cope, his marriage was failing and his finances were shot, the result of a big investment gone bad. His problems were well known to his family.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
It's looking like Danny Frawley's death might have been a suicide. Most articles have the Lifeline/Beyond Blue number at the end of them and good ol' Jeffrey blurted this out:

And this is in The Age article:

Jesus. I only saw the news clip briefly and they showed a scene of a car wreck after talking about Danny Frawley. So, I thought it was a car accident.

MacReady13

RIP Spud

Terrible news.

Absolutely shocking news. He was so likeable on screen and on the radio. From ALL reports he was a ripper bloke to all he interacted with. And only just turned 56 the day before his passing. Still in shock about it actually. Just got through listening to his interview on the Sacked podcast. He was so insightful on there. He was great on Bounce as well. A real loss for our great game. Vale Danny Frawley.

Bullet Club

The police have said that they are treating it as a case of self-harm, and the incident has been removed from the state's road toll.

MacReady13

The police have said that they are treating it as a case of self-harm, and the incident has been removed from the state's road toll.

It may have been a slip of the tongue, but I could've sworn that on 1 of his tributes (possibly on SEN) I heard someone allude to the fact he wasn't married/divorced or something like that. It was real subtle but I heard it and thought, geez, I didn't know he'd broken up with his missus... Then someone I know who indirectly knows the Frawley family said that is almost certainly the case. Now I can't be too sure and I'm not going to say it is, but if it is indeed the case, it could've gone a fair way into him driving into that tree. Such a sad state of affairs.

Bullet Club

On SEN, a bunch of people that called in were saying they should get Goodwin because he'll be gone from the Dees by the end of next year anyway.

Voss is another people think is in the running.

Bullet Club

West Coast Eagles livewire Willie Rioli was caught pouring a liquid — possibly an energy drink — into a drug-test beaker in a panicked attempt to dupe anti-doping officers.

“He tried to manipulate his sample on-site and got caught red-handed,” a source said.

Rioli would then have been forced to provide a legitimate sample, the test results of which had not yet been revealed, the insider added.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...d/news-story/03b3c8881ed6cc333792f290526e4255

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
West Coast Eagles livewire Willie Rioli was caught pouring a liquid — possibly an energy drink — into a drug-test beaker in a panicked attempt to dupe anti-doping officers.

“He tried to manipulate his sample on-site and got caught red-handed,” a source said.

Rioli would then have been forced to provide a legitimate sample, the test results of which had not yet been revealed, the insider added.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...d/news-story/03b3c8881ed6cc333792f290526e4255
Willie Wonky

Top Bottom