• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australian Rules Football (AFL) Thread |OT| Boy oh boy wowee!

Bullet Club

Week 3 Toyota AFL Finals Series

Friday, September 20

Second preliminary final

Richmond v Geelong at the MCG, 7.50pm AEST

Saturday, September 21

First preliminary final

Collingwood v Greater Western Sydney at the MCG, 4.35pm AEST

DeSo

Banned
As a QLDer it was good to see the Lions up and about this year.

I think the lack of finals experience did them in this year but hopefully they'll be back even better next year

Bullet Club

Eddie Betts has knocked back a 3 year deal from the Suns.

Sam Jacobs has told the Crows he is leaving. He'll be at GWS next year.

The Lions are interested in Brodie Smith from the Crows.

A few teams will try to get Heath Shaw if the Giants let him go.

The Suns want Hugh Greenwood.

If Chris Masten gets picked up it will probably be by Freo.

Bullet Club

They don't want Smith, so it's only 3.

Essendon & North are interested in Port's Dougal Howard.

Aaron Francis has re-signed wth Essendon.

Bailey Williams has re-signed with the Dogs.

DeSo

Banned
Pick your shit up Richmond

Rather shoot myself in the dick then see another Geelong/Collingwood final

Fucking yawn

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Please don’t let Geelong make the Grand Final.
Please don’t let Geelong make the Grand Final

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Eddie Betts knocking back Crows 3 year deal... Is he coming back to the Blues???
There is no way the Crows offered him 3 years unless it was for a can of Coke and a pack of Tim Tams. That would be fiscally irresponsible.

Bullet Club

7d2IzGS.jpg

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks DeSo.

Oh well, it ended up being a great game, even if the result didn't go our way.

I'm really not sure who I want to win. Richmond and their feral fans or the AFL's plastic manufactured organization.
To put it another way...
Would you rather put up with "Richmond rules" rubbish again, or the forced, inorganic, draft-fucking POS experiment of the AFL?

Bullet Club

To put it another way...
Would you rather put up with "Richmond rules" rubbish again, or the forced, inorganic, draft-fucking POS experiment of the AFL?
When you put it that way, probably GWS, because 2 days later it will be forgotten and the media will be straight into trading and the draft.

Shrap

What a ripper of a match. The turn around in the last quarter was insane; the pies just keep coming and all GWS could do was brace. The tension towards the end was suffocating, I can't imagine how it felt at the MCG.

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Not a huge fan of the leg up that GWS has received in terms of drafting, but they’ve lost a lot of players over the last few years and I’m sick and tired of the armchair ride Victorian teams have been getting in the finals in recent years (Hawks/Bulldogs/Tigers). So, I’ll be happily barracking for GWS in the GF. It’s going to be hard for them to overcome Richmond at the G though.

Shrap

Not a huge fan of the leg up that GWS has received in terms of drafting, but they’ve lost a lot of players over the last few years and I’m sick and tired of the armchair ride Victorian teams have been getting in the finals in recent years (Hawks/Bulldogs/Tigers). So, I’ll be happily barracking for GWS in the GF. It’s going to be hard for them to overcome Richmond at the G though.
Agreed completely. They've got a tough task ahead but they managed to overcome the swarm of magpie supporters at the G so they should be able to do it against the tigers too. I'm a Victorian but I'm a big supporter of interstate clubs getting into the AFL, and a win for the giants will do wonders for their club/membership (and chip away at the rugby mongrel fanbase up there). It should also help Tassie out with their current bid which I'd love to see.

I'll be going for the giants on grand final day but my gut says the tigers have it.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I’ve got $20 on Grundy, his odds were too good to resist. Not looking good though.

I always thought it was Cripps to lose anyway.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Fyfe wins his second Brownlow.

Some people are a bit pissed that he got so many 3s in losing games.
That’s gonna burn Paddy Clangerfield. He’s always had something of a rivalry with Fyfe as to who was the better player. Now he’s playing second fiddle again.

Top Bottom