• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australian Rules Football (AFL) Thread |OT| Boy oh boy wowee!

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Remember when he was complaining because his eyebrows and forehead were getting split open every second game? If he just worked on those weak knees, he could’ve avoided all that.

Not surprised to see Flopperfield up there with Duckwood either.

gHlkSUk.gif

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Pick Swap

Giants get pick 4

Crows get pick 6 and the Giants 2020 first round pick
I don’t mind that. We still have a top ten pick this year and get a top 16 next year (unless the Giants trade for another first round pick).

Now maybe they can stop falsely calling him “the best defender in the game” and give that title to someone who actually deserves it, like Daniel Talia.

last year as a Richmond fan was wild-

start of 2019-
Other fans- “fucking rance is overrated!”
Richmond fans- not really he is amazing
Rance- injures himself out of season
Other fans- “did we say overrated? We mean he’s amazing, Richmond are doomed!”
Richmond- turns out maybe he is overrated, let’s win a fucking cup again

anyway hope he does well.

cant wait for next year! Got the AFLW team for Richmond starting, and also having proven we have a great defence even without rancey we can just dive into 2020 going strong.

My daughter turned one recently and can’t wait to take her to an AFLW game with Richmond and also hopefully get her to a few proper games too. Start her young. We got to a couple of games this year but she was only 6 months old so it was a bit tougher.

Bullet Club

Football!

Let's hope the women's version of the Tigers/Blues R1 game is better than the men's one usually is.

It looks like a big crowd is building.

I loved AFL for like the first 3 years after i moved from Canberra to Melbourne. After that much time i started to hold all the one point victories against the sport as it just seemed too predictably hair raising.. i think st kilda's final replay defeat against the magpies put paid to my real interest.. all i can say these days is that geelong have been my favourite team ever since i was asked to pick one in 2007 and it was the only one i could remember. And I'm glad i picked them. Such a shame Gary Ablett chased green on the gold coast during their premierships window.

All i can say for the coming season? Go cats! I'll be cheering your results whenever i accidentally see them, hard to do so from Japan~ Dangerfield still going to win us the big one? Or is he getting old too? #longsuffering

Football!

Let's hope the women's version of the Tigers/Blues R1 game is better than the men's one usually is.

It looks like a big crowd is building.

That looks like princes park, awesome! I played 1000 hours of futsal a stone's throw from there

Last edited:
Carlton got one. They should have got a couple of more.

Too much over possessing with handballs and not disposing the ball quickly enough is making it scrappy. Just kick it!
1 to half time. Very scrappy and skills just aren’t there to break the game open and keep it moving. Hopefully gets better on the 2nd half.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Yeah, I reckon I like it. I’m usually a traditionalist, but it makes for much better tv viewing. Better than the yellow ball. I think they should replace it.

Top Bottom