• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autistic black teen, lost running a 5K, assaulted by a man who feared mugging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garlador

I wrote one of the journalists who had been in touch with the family and asked them to pass along a letter of encouragement to the kid.

There's a lot of jerks in this world. If I can help offset one of them, I'll consider it a good day.

PK Gaming

Literally could have been my younger brother

tumblr_m3vw0pSBhR1qb9ftxo1_500.gif

MacDonald went on to say that Chase wasn’t responding to him telling him to move out of the road.

this line gets me

why the fuck should he have to listen to this guy telling him to get out of the road?

this guy isn't a fucking cop, he's just a guy

wtf man

Apathy

this line gets me

why the fuck should he have to listen to this guy telling him to get out of the road?

this guy isn't a fucking cop, he's just a guy

wtf man

This mother fucker got out of his car to go harass the boy. that alone tells you all you need to know. This fucking waste of life had no business going up to him, and his bullshit excuse that he though his wife was going to get mugged is ridiculous. If he feared that they why not stay in the car and lock the doors and drive away?

Literally the mentality that he is white the boy is black and therefore he is above him in every possible definition. His basic thought process is that the boy, due to his race and lets not sugar coat it, it was 100% because of his race, has to obey a white mans direct orders and be subservient.

This man is human garbage for what he did that day, and the fact that he even put his hands on the boy and does not get charged is all kinds of infuriating.

Cyan

Banned
On Monday, though, the case took a new turn — a city official told the Associated Press that Rochester police will renew their investigation into the incident.
Well there's that at least.

Man, how depressing and yet unsurprising. :/

A minor and disabled person was attacked and several different persons witnessed the same thing. How comes he wasn't charged? Will he be charged after this shitstorm?

I am his better and he didn't respond. We 1950s again.

This mother fucker got out of his car to go harass the boy. that alone tells you all you need to know. This fucking waste of life had no business going up to him, and his bullshit excuse that he though his wife was going to get mugged is ridiculous. If he feared that they why not stay in the car and lock the doors and drive away?

Literally the mentality that he is white the boy is black and therefore he is above him in every possible definition. His basic thought process is that the boy, due to his race and lets not sugar coat it, it was 100% because of his race, has to obey a white mans direct orders and be subservient.

This man is human garbage for what he did that day, and the fact that he even put his hands on the boy and does not get charged is all kinds of infuriating.

yeah absolutely this guy is a racist asshole

i just can't even begin to understand how he thinks this way and how he can just expect this guy to listen to his ridiculous orders, or why he thought he was going to be mugged int he first place

of course it was all just an excuse for him to harass a black boy

just a disgusting human being

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I wonder who this guy is voting for.

This shit is gonna keep happening until these people see that this isn't alright, be it by law enforcement(that'll be the fucking day) or vigilante justice. Go ahead and keep poking though. Also surprise surprise this thread barely getting much attention.

D i Z

hopefully cops that decided not to charge get some kind of punishment... i dont care if it was just a shove, you dont shove a kid across the street whatever you think the reason is.

This isn't on the cops. The judge denied them.

His autism means that this fucking racist shit monger had traumatized him from ever racing again because he's established it as the primary outcome.

Fuck that guy I hope he loses his job and suffers like he made this poor kid suffer.

Seriously this angers me so bad on so many levels. It's hard enough being black, is hard enough being autistic, it sure as shit is hard being both. And now this kid loses his joy and doing something he loved doing because of a fucking bigot.

Yes. Guy who made the racial profiling thread. This is the net outcome of what you did.

Apathy

His autism means that this fucking racist shit monger had traumatized him from ever racing again because he's established it as the primary outcome.

Fuck that guy I hope he loses his job and suffers like he made this poor kid suffer.

Like he hurt the kid emotionally and psychologically, scars that are extremely hard to get rid of. The part in the article where the boy turned in his equipment was the saddest part of it. He broke the boys spirit. This man is a monster. He took one of the few joys he had in his life.

TalonJH

HE'S LITERALLY WEARING A RACE BIB AND NUMBER

"You know, the blacks wear sporty clothes during most occasions. So that doesn't dismiss the man's fear that his wife was going to be robbed!"- 2016

This reminds me of a local news anchor last night. After a segment about how to stay from thefts, he added, "Some theifs may wear backpacks to hold the items they steal." As if a wearing a backpack was a criminal trait. My wife was like, "great now some guys going to see a black kid walking home from school and shoot him because he walks too close to his car in the drive way."

This reminds me of a local news anchor last night. After a segment about how to stay from thefts, he added, "Some theifs may wear backpacks to hold the items they steal." As if a wearing a backpack was a criminal trait. My wife was like, "great now some guys going to see a black kid walking home from school and shoot him because he walks too close to his car in the drive way."

Many thieves are known to wear pants as they provide protection from the elements and pockets to hold smaller valuables. Be on the lookout for suspicious persons wearing pants in your area.

Aske

I don't typically get rattled by news stories, and this type of racism is so depressingly common; but I'm absolutely disgusted by this. The kid was assaulted. Utterly unacceptable that his attacker wasn't charged. This whole thing is sickening.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I don't usually get pissed from random news stories but this one hits close to home. I've got Asperger's and its hard to deal with people in general but getting such a shake up from such a big ass hole on what should be an exciting and joyous day is the fucking worst and doubly so for someone on the Spectrum. I won't use the words traumatic because I don't know if they're the right way to describe it but that kid is not going to forget this sad to say.

Goddamn. I'm on the spectrum as well and my brother is really high(or is it low?) on the spectrum and he's had this sort of shit happen to him, where someone harasses him and it convinced him to stop doing something he loved doing. We're white, so I can't even imagine how hard it must be to be both autistic and black. This infuriates me and I can't believe that racist punk got away with it.

OrionX

My little brother's autistic. He can't talk and his behavior can be very erratic. Some people just live in a bubble and can't comprehend those who are different, and are so quick to judge. Of course, this story seems to have a pretty clear racist element to it as well. Pretty upsetting overall.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I don't usually get pissed from random news stories but this one hits close to home. I've got Asperger's and its hard to deal with people in general but getting such a shake up from such a big ass hole on what should be an exciting and joyous day is the fucking worst and doubly so for someone on the Spectrum. I won't use the words traumatic because I don't know if they're the right way to describe it but that kid is not going to forget this sad to say.

This is what really bothers me about this too. It's very hard to describe autism in words, but one way I could describe it is that there are some very intense key moments in your life that kind of stick with you harder than anything else in life, and you get kind of focused on them. It ties into the same sort of thing that makes those with autism have limited but intense interests, but it goes also in the opposite direction that particularly scary or traumatic moments stick with you a lot stronger and you almost analyze it and try to understand what it means to your world view to a fault, especially when young and impressionable when you're trying to figure out who you are and your place in the world (which is true of all teens, but harder for those with autism who sort of feel a natural alienation from others but want to try and fit in somewhere).

So I can't imagine anything but this moment being one of those key moments that will stick and effect his world view. and that's make me legitimately upset.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Rochester PD are apparently volunteering to pick up the kid from Syracuse so he can participate in fun runs with the RPD cadets in training.

Really nice move from a department that's usually mired in controversy.

The real twist? The judge that denied the cops ability to press charges moonlights as a teacher at the Academy of Excellence in Phoenix, Arizona.

As in the same Academy of Excellence when a teacher is in the spotlight for her xenophobic, racist comments toward and battery on a Muslim child?

3N16MA

Banned
Is the teen now going to hit the first white guy he sees sitting in a car because he was recently assaulted by a white guy?

That is how fucking dumb the story sounds coming from the driver.

TalonJH

Many thieves are known to wear pants as they provide protection from the elements and pockets to hold smaller valuables. Be on the lookout for suspicious persons wearing pants in your area.

Many thieves have legs to provide a quick getaway. Be on the lookout for suspicious persons with legs.

It really is ridiculous and you know some idiot will look at someone they already think is suspicious for "reasons" and use it as more confirmation. This is close to the same area where a month ago someone saw a woman walking their dog (outside their house) that they mistook for a clown so they fired warning shots in the air.

Yes.

I'm kidding

Now that would have been a real twist.

Verelios

This boils my blood. I have an autistic sister and worked with autistic youths for a few summers, there are few activities they're wholeheartedly fixated on. This asshole however just took away a child's happiness to be a racist ass, fuck him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom