• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly as long as I get one really good show this season I'm good to go.

Hopefully it's Young Black Jack considering the Staff looks really solid. Ryosuke Takahashi is handling the script and he's the same individual that did Astro Boy and Votoms. So please let it be good.

Jarmel

Banned
*Insert every laughing GIF ever*

You only need one.

1334688278505.gif

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Haikyuu was the best series of 2014. So stoked its back. Haven't watched much anime lately but this is one I can't wait for.

I would like nothing more than this assertion that this Gundam is going to suck because Mari Okada is working on it to be wrong.

I would love for this thing to air and for everybody to be like: HOLY SHIT, MARI OKADA MADE A GOOD GUNDAM ANIME. WHAT THE HELL?!?

But that probably won't happen. :(

I mean, that'd be awesome if it could happen. But the general Gundam curse plus Okada probably equals the worst show imaginable.

It's a freaking shame, I love the idea of the Gundam constantly getting parts as the show goes on. There's so much potential! New ways to defeat enemies, new strategies, etc.

UGH. Why couldn't they just get Urobuchi to work on this instead?!? :(

Eh, I wouldn't be super excited for an Urobuchi Gundam, either. He has done some good stuff (Madoka, Fate/Zero), but he can just as frequently go off the deep end, and I don't think he would be a great fit for Gundam tonally.

It'll still be better than G-Reco.

This is impossible.

Narag

Before anyone gets on my post, I get that the highlights section is a joke. I just think it's really, really dumb, and that it makes it harder for people to genuinely figure out what things people are actually looking forward to this season

Privilege of the thread creator for actually putting in the work. If I'd gotten stuck doing this again, we'd be celebrating how easy the fall season would be to follow what with only One Punch Man and Gundam airing.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans OT is live for the people looking forward to that show. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=180201120#post180201120

Sorry for the massive image post. The show has a freaking huge list of characters they're considering main cast.
Added to the OP.

Daisuki's and (to a lesser extent) Funimation's logos really blend in with Dark Theme. ):

I AM VERY UPSET BY THIS.

I apologise on behalf of GAF-chan for this. We've corrected it now.

Though you could have taken it as a hint to lighten up tee hee!

John Blade

Watching Blue Seed and liking it so far. Have the monster of the week feel with a touch of story arch with the character in the show. I liking it so far and will most likely going to finish it before I go to Last Exile sequel.

Also, liking the title image.

Mailbox

Allow me.

latest

I'm finally on a wall of shame!
Somehow, I finally feel like I'm a part of gaf (even though I've been here for about a year).

Also: Those recommendations.... oh boi.
regardless, its a high quality OT that looks good on mobile and on PC, so i approve.

Sölf

Hibike! Euphonium 04
About time I finish this up. I am not that sure how to feel about this. The first 3 episodes were okay, but nothing more. Episode 4 was more fun to watch. I really liked the teaching methods of the teacher and that the whole tone is more serious. Let's see if the show improves in the long run.

javac

Reviews from the previous thread:
-----
Space Adventure Cobra: Review (31 episodes, TV, 1982)
Link to full review.
Summary: Space Adventure Cobra is a 1982 anime series directed by the legendary Osamu Dezaki, director of many animated classics such as The Rose of Versailles, Ace o Nerae!, Oniisama e, Ashita no Joe and Takarajima. Space Adventure Cobra is an adaptation of the 1978 manga of the same name, which actually concluded a year after the TV series that I’m reviewing here wrapped up. At 31 episodes long, Space Cobra tells the story of Cobra, a famous space pirate whom adorned with his Psychogun, a weapon attached to his left arm that is powered by his own will and accompanied by his assistant, the equally illustrious Amaroid Lady they travel from place to place and from planet to planet, across the galaxy and beyond in order to feed his thirst for adventure, hot girls and action. During your time aboard the Turtle, the name of his advanced spaceship, you’ll follow the mighty Cobra as he both hunts and is hunted by the most deadly of guilds in the galaxy and along the way you’ll encounter the ultimate weapon as he battles humanoid cyborgs, a one-eyed lady who becomes a giant, you’ll see him break in and out of maximum security facilities, become the number one Rugball athlete in the galaxy and you’ll see many cigars smoked and evil plans foiled, all in a day’s work. Space Cobra is a pulp Sci-fi series that combines traditional spaghetti westerns with spy films such as the James Bond series. It’s an epic Sci-fi romp that spans the entire galaxy, charming in its sincerity but grand in its scale.

In the end, Space Cobra is a fantastic series, one that doesn’t take itself too seriously and just wants to entertain its audience for the 31 episodes that you’ll be spending with it. The animation dazzles, keeping you hooked, the soundtrack is a delight, you’ll often find yourself tapping your feet to the beat of the music, the visuals are a treat and the characters are simple but entertaining. You won’t come away from Space Cobra feeling like a different person, not revolutionary nor game changing, and neither deep or existential it sticks to what it does best and will stick with its viewers for a long time as a journey across space and time itself into the unknown.
9/10
-----
City Hunter 2: Review (TV Series, 63 Episodes, 1988)
Incomplete!
-----
Junkers Come Here: Review (1994, Film)
Incomplete!

-----
Previous reviews V1.11: Everything was (Not) 10/10: Link
  • RahXephon (Review) – 10/10
  • Boogiepop Phantom (Review) – 10/10
  • Tenshi no Tamago (Angel’s Egg) – Review - 10/10
  • Perfect Blue (1997): Review – 10/10
  • Memories (1995 Film) – Review – 10/10
  • Neo Tokyo (Meikyū Monogatari/Manie-Manie): Review - 9/10
  • Flag (2006 ONA) – Review - 8/10
Previous reviews V2.22: I Can (Not) Review: Link
  • Macross: Do You Remember Love? Review (1984 Movie) – 10/10
  • The Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Flash Back 2012 – Review – 9/10
  • City Hunter : Review (TV Series, 51 Episodes, 1987) - 10/10
  • Gunsmith Cats: Review (1995, OVA) – 10/10
Previous reviews V3.33: It will (Not) Come Out: Link
  • Romeo no Aoi Sora (Romeo's Blue Skies): Review (TV Series, 33 Episodes, 1995) – 9.5/10
  • Genmu Senki Leda: Review (1985, OVA, 1 Episode) – 8/10
  • Twilight Q: Review (1987, OVA) – 7/10
Previous reviews V3.0+1.0: Just what you’d expect from the master, Mr. Javac: Link
  • Nekojiru-sou (Cat Soup): Review (2001, OVA, 1 Episode) – 8/10
  • Treasure Island (Takarajima): Review (1978, TV, 26 Episodes) – 9/10
  • Metropolis: Review (2001, Film) – 9/10
  • Kaiba: Review (2008, TV, 12 Episodes) – 7/10

-----
Plan to Watch/Finish During this Thread (The broken Promises):
  • Giant Gorg - On-going
  • My Sister Momoko
  • Little Witch Academia The Enchanted Parade
  • City Hunter 3
  • Nobody's Boy Remi

Sölf

Sounded like everyone is going to give it a shot because of the staff for the most part. No?

One of those I had like no interest in. Maybe I'll give it a shot later on. I will probably only watch 5 shows this season, unless something turns out to be extremely good. These we will watch in our weekly stream.

- Concrete Revolution
- One Punch Man
- Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru
- Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider

And I will probably at least look into the second season of Owari no Seraph, just to see if it can become any worse.

Jarmel

Banned
Is anyone doing the Concrete Revolutio one?

Normally duckroll would do it but he's too busy playing mobile games to actually watch shows.

Ok hear is what I am going to watch I guess

Watching -

Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans
One Punch Man
Norigami Aragato
Owarimonogatari eventually
Attack on Titan High School

Will give it a shot -

Concrete Revolutio
Garo, it's unconnected to s1 right
Hokuto no Ken: Ichigo Aji
Show about Ojou-sama school
Osomatsu-san
Corpse Buried Under Sakurako's Feet
Valkyrie Drive
Young Black Jack
Comet Lucifer

Continuing -

Gintama
Dragon Ball Super
Ushio and Tora

Man fuck me I was going to go light this season...

yami4ct

I have no plans outside of Gintama, Ushio & Tora, Gundam and One Punch Man. Will check out stuff that gets good impressions.

Sölf;180206228 said:
You are right. We should do a watch bet then. To broaden our horizon and appreciate what the new month gives us.

Even if it isn't much, going by the OP.

You want to do a watch bet with someone who won't watch all-time great shows even when given money for it?

Jarmel

Banned
If anyone hasn't claimed the Concrete Revolutio one then I'll do that tonight. Unless duckroll wants to do his formally delegated work and hype the next BONES show.

Will watch for sure

Seraph of the End S2 Simuldub
One Punch Man

Will check out though iffy on

Comet Lucifer
Concrete Revolutio
Asterisk
Heavy Object
Gundam
The mystery series about special bones
Chibi Attack on Titan
Perfect Insider
Lance N Masques

If I ever catch up I'll watch

Filler World Trigger

Could be a very light or very heavy season depending upon how everything plays out

yami4ct

If anyone hasn't claimed the Concrete Revolutio one then I'll do that tonight. Unless duckroll wants to do his formally delegated work and hype the next BONES show.

Wait, there's a new BONES show? Well, I am also obligated to watch that, even if it will have a 90% chance of being trash.

Must Watch
Young Black Jack
Osomatsu-san
Noragami
Perfect Insider

3 Episode Rule
OnePunch Man
Bones
Concrete Revolutio
Gundam
Comet Lucifer

Will Continue
Gintama

I will eventually watch the new Monogatari season when I finish the other ones.

It's pretty much Nintendoman trying to win the lottery and the rest of us wondering wtf is going on in the PVs.

All I'm saying is, the show's got a chance.

It's not a light novel or manga adaptation. It's an original mecha show.

The staff may not be the greatest, but considering what's going on with the new Gundam, it could be way worse.

I'm just going to keep hoping for the best.

I'm primarily interested in Concrete Revolutio, Lupin, Osomatsu-San and possibly One Punch Man.

The summer season was largely uninteresting, so hopefully this one fares better.

By the way, I already called the One punch man OT in advance because people will probably ask about it. I even have it all done, just waiting for it to air.

I don't have a name yet though! Thinking

One Punch Man TV |OT| Just an Average Guy who serves as an Average Hero
One Punch Man TV |OT| 100 PUSH UPS 100 SIT UPS 100 SQUATS AND 10KM RUNNING. EVERY DAY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom