• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2017 |OT| Makes us all rotten

i bounced hard off magus bride manga, is it worth watching?

i can't remember specifically what got me about it but I just think I really was not into the paternalistic master/slave vibe at all

The anime is fundamentally the same thing as the manga, so any elements you disliked about the latter will still be present in the former. I will say that, while I fully understand how bothersome the dynamics between Elias and Chise appear at first, the series itself is aware of that and doesn’t allow them to pass uncriticized.

Ctlead

Banned
Children of the Whales - 01

Hmm, this reminds me of Shinsekai Yori, which is a good thing. And it's surprisingly beautiful to look at. Keeping my eye on this.

Jintor

The anime is fundamentally the same thing as the manga, so any elements you disliked about the latter will still be present in the former. I will say that, while I fully understand how bothersome the dynamics between Elias and Chise appear at first, the series itself is aware of that and doesn’t allow them to pass uncriticized.

i could kinda vibe that it was gonna be a critical look at those dynamics, but it pulled me enough out of it that it actively didn't hook me at all, because I'm not interested in those dynamics at all really.

I guess I'll see what the consensus is at it ongoes, but I guess I'm not starved on other things to watch.

Kansoku

Children of the Whales - 1

Damn that was beautiful. The background art is 10/10 and I quite like the characters designs as well. The setting is quite interesting; they did a great job on world building.
Shame Netflix got it tho.

i bounced hard off magus bride manga, is it worth watching?

i can't remember specifically what got me about it but I just think I really was not into the paternalistic master/slave vibe at all

I mean all that vibe is thrown out especially later in the series. The focus is the dynamic between Chise and Elias and how both help each understand human emotion and the magical world. Elias is especially awkward in human interactions so words like puppy and Bride aren't him using it in literal terms. Plus other characters also point it out as well, which we will see in the second episode. Also Chise starts to become her own character as the series progresses.

The author intentionally made the beginning unsettling to emphasize the moral grey of the world.

Thud

Dragon Ball Super 107

All the baldies on the bench. Hmmm, isn't Frieza bald? Roshi was awesome. Deserved that toriyama handjob.

Dragon Ball Super 108

Frieza lied. I'm shocked.

Grexeno

Me every episode of Tsurezure Children:

PjRs9HA.gif

DiGiKerot

So apparently Yamakan is having a bit of a twitter breakdown today by passively-aggressively retweeting anything that talks slightly negatively about the new WUG (doubly likely if you mention him by name)

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
So apparently Yamakan is having a bit of a twitter breakdown today by passively-aggressively retweeting anything that talks slightly negatively about the new WUG (doubly likely if you mention him by name)
Social media is great...

UQ Holder Episode 2
DLtL-4WU8AA9rtT.jpg:small

Well Im glad the anime kept the best water scenes with Touta-nii in and the BL'ish moments. Kuromaru was always one of the best male characters in the early parts of the manga, and I guess the character I have to get behind since Santa wont be in this. Hopefully the anime makes them closer than just bros.

tumblr_oxko8bo9NM1wrirhmo1_540.gif

Tuck

BBB&Beyond
BBB is at its best when Leo is getting caught in the middle of absolutely absurd, chaotic circumstances, so this was a damn good episode.

Actually, I never did watch the finale to last season. Learned the whole Black&White plotline was filler and sort of lost interest. But I should go back to it.

I've seen a lot less anime than probably anyone in this thread, but i watched One Punch Man, and thats the best anime I've seen. Just such an awesome show. Love it.

Watching Parasyte right now, and extremely impressed with it. The monster designs and cartooning is fantastic. It's reminds me of a western comic book. They could easily adapt this for a tv show or movie.

Cornbread78

Imouto Lust ep.1
OK, those first few minutes almost made my cry and want to off myself. I'm glad to hear this really isn't about this dude wanting to doink his little sister. I'll give it a few more episodes to see where it goes. Thirsty GF for sure...

Joe Molotov

Imouto Lust ep.1

OK, those first few minutes almost made my cry and want to off myself. I'm glad to hear this really isn't about this dude wanting to doink his little sister. I'll give it a few more episodes to see where it goes. Thirsty GF for sure...

His brother looks pretty feminine, I'm predicting a DTL twist.

DNAbro

I've seen a lot less anime than probably anyone in this thread, but i watched One Punch Man, and thats the best anime I've seen. Just such an awesome show. Love it.

Watching Parasyte right now, and extremely impressed with it. The monster designs and cartooning is fantastic. It's reminds me of a western comic book. They could easily adapt this for a tv show or movie.

One Punch Man is very good. You would probably like the creator's other work Mob Psycho 100 as well. The start is more comedy focused and weaker but it became something that I liked more than OPM.

Senyuu, Completed - Gave this watch before coming into work. I saw it on a list of "Funniest Anime." Each episode is a short 4.5 minutes. Was definitely funny, but went the more predictable route of everyone bullying the straight man lead. The fact that it ended with a cliffhanger and no resolution was pretty fitting on a meta level.

Gundam SEED Destiny - 20

You think normal recap episodes were bad?

How about a recap episode that recaps the entirety of the first series, along with giving more details on the main character's backstory, along with recapping the first half of this show?!?

Narag

Senyuu, Completed - Gave this watch before coming into work. I saw it on a list of "Funniest Anime." Each episode is a short 4.5 minutes. Was definitely funny, but went the more predictable route of everyone bullying the straight man lead. The fact that it ended with a cliffhanger and no resolution was pretty fitting on a meta level.

There's like 6 specials out there too if you didn't watch those.

duckroll

Children of the Whales 01

The Shinsekai Yori of our times.

Children of the Whales 1

- It has an excellent sense of worldbuilding for a first episode.

Children of the Whales 01

I agree that it feels a little like Shinsekai Yori. Let's see where this will go, really excited to learn and see more of this world.

Children of the Whales 1

A lot to like about this. The show looks surprisingly good, the backgrounds are very artistic and the colour palette is really pleasant. It's a very pretty show.

Children of the Whales - 01

Hmm, this reminds me of Shinsekai Yori, which is a good thing. And it's surprisingly beautiful to look at. Keeping my eye on this.

Children of the Whales - 1

Damn that was beautiful. The background art is 10/10 and I quite like the characters designs as well. The setting is quite interesting; they did a great job on world building.

Dunno why this thread tries to pull gags like this and pretend to be from the future sometimes. Netflix-sama assures me that this is a 2018 anime!

One Punch Man is very good. You would probably like the creator's other work Mob Psycho 100 as well. The start is more comedy focused and weaker but it became something that I liked more than OPM.

It's the one that i will watch after Parasyte for sure. I can tell I will like it. Its after these shows that I will have to search again.

One Punch doesn't take itself too seriously, and that really helps. I could definitely watch it again. The comedy feels like something out of a good comedy or a very good comic book.

Parasyte feels a bit more like a western comic book to me than the typical manga.

On another note I watched the Takashi Mike adaptation of Blade of the Immortal. It's pretty cool.

Hamst3r

A Penguin's Memory - So, there's this Suntory beer commercial featuring a wistful penguin in a bar listening to another penguin sing a sad love song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxTTVdpO9Sw

There's also this feature length anime featuring the same penguin witnessing the horrors of war, and later returning home only to find himself feeling numb and disconnected from the life he once knew: https://myanimelist.net/anime/16434/

And I think it's really good!

Tuck

Two cute girls in a wasteland - 1
This was really atmospheric, I liked it a lot. One of the girls is a bit deadpan though which is annoying, but overall it was good. Lots of charming animations.

AoM

Starting to watch more anime.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but what should I watch next: Yu Yu Hakusho or Hunter x Hunter? Heard great things about both.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but what should I watch next: Yu Yu Hakusho or Hunter x Hunter? Heard great things about both.

As much as I prefer HxH, I think YYH first and then HxH cuz you can see how Togashi evolves as a writer.

mankoto

Dragon Ball Super - 106

This episode is some shit. If Piccalo couldn't regenerate they wouldn't have that to him multiple times. Also in the long run, Tien was a wasted slot. Kinda sad.

Go with YYH first. Then do HXH.

mankoto

Dragon Ball Super - 107
Picking off the weakened is a good strategy honestly. Frost thinking he could double-click got the best of him though. He'll be back however. No doubt about it.

Rick and Morty - S1 E3

Hey this show ain't half bad. Just started it, been lagging on watching it combine with the fact that Rick and Morty fans can be....uhh a bit overboard. But yeah this show is fun.

trejo

Rikku to Moruchii - S1 E3

Hey this show ain't half bad. Just started it, been lagging on watching it combine with the fact that Rick and Morty fans can be....uhh a bit overboard. But yeah this show is fun.

I fixed that for you. This is animugaf after all.

Tori no hito best husbando, btw.

mankoto

In my defense, he did come back. Albeit just to lose.

Dragon Ball - 109
I really want an idol themed Precure season now.

As for the Goku versus Jiren fight. Well. It reminds me of way back when Ash fought Tobias in the Sinnoh league. Ash basically had what it took to win the league easily until some random dude comes in with legendary Pokemon and just shuts him down like it was nothing. But hey, the beat down was animated quite nicely ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well time to see Goku's new form. Oddly excited.

Top Bottom