• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2017 |OT| Makes us all rotten

zulux21

Real disappointed Skip Beat never got any additional seasons. I need to go back to the manga. I don't think I've read it in a few years.
Was in the middle of the Hawaii arc, which seemed like it was getting close to the end of the series.

I still won't completely rule out more Skip Beat eventually, as they have done a lot of live action stuff with it. I hold out a tiny glimmer of hope that when the manga eventually ends that we will get a new series, but it's not a big hope. Though as for the manga ending... who knows where that will be. I need to catch back up but when I was last reading was after you and they were just adding more and more plot strings to explore :p

daveo42

Banned
I still won't completely rule out more Skip Beat eventually, as they have done a lot of live action stuff with it. I hold out a tiny glimmer of hope that when the manga eventually ends that we will get a new series, but it's not a big hope. Though as for the manga ending... who knows where that will be. I need to catch back up but when I was last reading was after you and they were just adding more and more plot strings to explore :p

Jeez...really? Here I thought Ren was close to
actually revealing he was Corn to Kyoko.
I can only assume the series will never actually end. How is the live action stuff?

zulux21

Jeez...really? Here I thought Ren was close to
actually revealing he was Corn to Kyoko.
I can only assume the series will never actually end. How is the live action stuff?

I haven't watched the live action stuff, despite there being a number of runs with the live action stuff as far as I know they have never really gone past the stuff that the anime already adapted @_@.

also they were still leading up to what you were thinking when I left off, but it got put on the back burner due to stuff relating to
her mother.

Cornbread78

SE wouldn't even release the the PSP ports on PSN, so we could download them for the Vita. Bunch of bellends.

Worst part is that they gave the Vita version free as a pre-order bonus for those that bought SO5, but couldn't even offer it up for sale to anyone in NA... WTF is up with that..

Inuyashiki 01

Well, I felt from the OP that we'd get some kind of weird Gantz type show or something... oh okay I just googled it and it's the same creator. Well, it all makes sense now. Same level of insanity here. But also really kind of refreshing in terms of the main character... though he really does look old as fuck for his age.

Anyway, DEFINITELY going to continue this one.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Any other opnion than Charmy is wrong.

Sorry, she's saving herself for the Prince of Meals.

Oh well, if there's shipping involved, I'm in for 51 baby!

I mean, its an anime, why would you think there isn't waifus? There's a bunch of them, it's just going to take goddamn forever to get to any of them at this pacing. Not to mention the presumable 15 minute flashback each one gets to explain their motivations.

Jarmel

Banned
I forgot to mention earlier in my review, this is the best club name and sign.
BzqAhQR.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
As long as we agree she's the best from the Black Clover cast.

Meh, I'd go with Mimosa.

I don't think this series is going to catch on the way they'd like because there are certainly elements of BC I like, it's just that none of them ever get explored in favor of MOAR FIGHTING and nobody's going to ever get to the interesting parts because the premise of the series is just so close to Fairy Tail that I imagine it largely gets dropped. I also feel like the beginning really likes to oversell Asta as being basically Naruto-level (a loser with one random OP power) when in reality he's not demonstrably weaker than basically anyone else that isn't a Captain.

Ascheroth

Monster Strike S2 23 (End)

Eh. If season 1 was a fun 8, this just about makes a 6 with some hype action now and then.
Started out strong but quickly devolved into just love triangle stuff that was amusing at first but got old real quick as I never really started to like Mana much and monster of the week/weird inconsequential arcs with a super vague main goal.
Really felt like it was just spinning its wheels for the majority of the runtime, and then the final episode felt kinda rushed and it basically just ended when things got rolling. Also was disappointed that they completely shelfed all the side characters from S1. Only Taiyo and Harima got relevant again in the final episode, but that was it...

Monster Strike S3 01

Oh, back to 2D we are. I hope this was only 24 minutes because it was the first episode, this is not a show that benefits from full-length episodes.
Can't say how I feel about it just yet, but it looks like it's getting even more 'serious' now and it was at its best in S1 when it didn't take itself all that seriously, sooo.... I dunno.

Gundam SEED Destiny - 24

Please don't let Durandal be the villain please don't let Durandal be the villain please don't let Durandal be the villain please don't let Durnadal be the villain.

Clov

I mean, if you've had enough of the only worthwhile part of the show, there's not much more point to watching it. :p

On a related note, I think I'm enjoying this season a lot more than last. There wasn't much for me last season. Probably my favorite show was... Princess Principal? Which was a lot of fun, but nothing incredible. This season's off to a better start for me at least.

Gundam SEED Destiny - 25

Oh, FUCK OFF ATHRUN.

You don't know HALF the shit that Cagalli went through back at Orb, being hounded and harassed at from all sides. You seriously think she can just up and go there and suddenly have Orb pull out of the treaty?

YOU SAW THEM TRY AND SHOOT HER DOWN YOU IMBECILE.

My Girlfriend Is ShoBitch Episode 1

I think, somehow, that was even trashier than A Sister's All You Need.

Though I suppose I could have guessed that based of the title.

I mean, if you've had enough of the only worthwhile part of the show, there's not much more point to watching it. :p

On a related note, I think I'm enjoying this season a lot more than last. There wasn't much for me last season. Probably my favorite show was... Princess Principal? Which was a lot of fun, but nothing incredible. This season's off to a better start for me at least.

Did you watch Made in Abyss?

jett

D-Member
Finished watching Mob Psycho 100

That was a fun-ass show, and the animation was consistently out of this world. Really amazing stuff.

I have a question about the manga, does ONE really draw it himself? Looks a lot better than his OPM webcomic.

Inuyashiki 01

I dunno what I was expecting, but it wasn't that. Liked it though

That was a fun-ass show, and the animation was consistently out of this world. Really amazing stuff.

I have a question about the manga, does ONE really draw it himself? Looks a lot better than his OPM webcomic.

He does solo

I actually haven't. I've heard a ton of great things though, so I should try and get to it when I'm not as busy. Would you say it was the standout of the season?

Easily.

I’m sure you’ve heard this, but I will say there’s rather disturbing imagery in several episodes. So try to avoid eating while you watch it.

Clov

Easily.

I’m sure you’ve heard this, but I will say there’s rather disturbing imagery in several episodes. So try to avoid eating while you watch it.

I remember reading that something really awful happens in episode 10, but I'll take precautions for the whole series just in case.

BlastCore

Banned
Inuyashiki 01

A show with great mechanical design that's hindered by poor cg implementation =/

I did like the rest of the episode though. It reminded me of Gran Torino in how his family is so shitty to him, but I actually feel bad for him because he's not a raging racist.

Szadek

Inuyashiki - Ep. 1
That's one strange remake of Inspector Gadget.
In all seriousness, that was pretty good. OP is pretty awesome, too.
Not sure what the point with his cancer was if he just get superpowers at random that cure him, though.
The part where he tried to be badass, but got his ass kicked was pretty funny.

I actually haven't. I've heard a ton of great things though, so I should try and get to it when I'm not as busy. Would you say it was the standout of the season?

Best anime I have seen in a while. After completing I had to go read manga which is pretty rare for me.

Qurupeke

Inuyashiki 1

Not bad, though I think it's really ugly. It's a bit manipulative in trying to make you feel really bad about Inuyashiki.

The OP and the ED were pretty good.

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
Two Car 01

Mite b cool. I'm interested to see where the concept of a sidecar team that hates each other goes. Also, when they mentioned the island the characters live on has no speed limit I was like, "Oh, like the Isle of Man". So no surprise when Faceless Coach-San says he's off to the actual Isle of Man to compete in the TT.

I don't know if this is an original or based off a manga or something so this might be a known quantity, but I'm calling it now: if the coach is still a major plot point in subsequent episodes, he is going to die or be seriously injured in the TT as a source of drama. That thing is a killer.

(also I checked since I remember playing a game about the Isle of Man TT on PS2, and what do you know, there's a new one coming out shortly)

Jintor

as i recall, OPM is literally his scribble side project whereas Mob Psycho is something he actually pitched to someone. I think.

Moaradin

Yeah, but pretty sure he has some assistants (at least in the later chapters).

Finally moved and have my internet back. Now I can join in on the great anime this season! Food Wars and Ancient Magus' Bride, here I come!

So what else is good this season?

Top Bottom