• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avatar’ Starts Production Today; $1 Billion Budget

I put it on for about 15 minutes the other day and that opening in Mexico looks really expensive. I bet that was a decent chunk of the budget. Not sure it was worth it though with the rest of the movie.

Not saying you're wrong, but it's funny you say that, because one of the few things I actually remember about Spectre is some truly atrocious green screen during that helicopter fight.

I'm mostly with you on this. Then I stop and realize that if he built it then it's got to feel more natural for him. But as a general audience member? I honestly don't know why people would want sequels to a pretty bland, cliche sci fi story. Four of them, at that.

edit: for clarification: I loved the moviegoing experience of Avatar at opening day. But it was mostly dazzle of the new shiny tech.

For me, the concept and potential has me excited. It's a cliched story in a fresh coat of paint... not unlike Star Wars at its time.

I'm looking forward to what comes after the setup.

Top Bottom