• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avatar Motocross Madness XBLA Revealed; More at E3.

Saty

AMX_Mystery_2.jpg

AMX_Mystery_1.jpg

Posting the screenshots, Microsoft Studios' XBLA website PlayXBLA said the name of the game was a secret to be revealed during its press conference at E3 next week. But the name of the image files - AMX_Mystery_1 and AMX_Mystery_2 - give the game away somewhat.
lol

http://playxbla.com/?p=9775
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ses-avatar-motocross-madness-with-new-screens

SmokyDave

I hope they're dipping their toes in the water to prepare the market for a proper Motocross Madness. Or Monster Truck Madness. Hell, Midtown Madness. Just get more madness out there.

TheMan

i played the demo for motocross madness so many times...used to repeatedly hit the edge of the level so that i'd be catapulted backwards

i wonder how it would hold up today

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Can I drive off the boundary of the track and get launched 100 miles into the air? If not then this fails miserably.

Dynoro

I loved Motocross Madness back in the day - hopefully it plays more akin to that than just an avatar party game.

jaypah

Hell yes to driving on the scaffolding around the pyramid. I'll keep an eye on this and be cautiously optimistic. No reason why it HAS to be easy-mode just because it uses avatars.

Raide

If they keep the same controls, this should be a great laugh. I don't mind the avatar stuff, since it was the bike handling that made it fun. Hopefully they have loads of MP stuff too.

Tuck

I thought this was a game about the movie...

Or better yet... a game about the show =D.

Or a game about the second show!

Too many Avatars!

Gowans

Hope this is by the same guys who just put out JoyRide Turbo on XBLA, that game is awesome.

Loved Motorcross Madness, even tho is just ride and ride till I got to the edge of world steep cliffs and try to get up them.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Okay, was not exacting any of the Madness titles to be revived, but at this point it is refreshing to see any non Forza Microsoft racer.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
The MX Madness games were amazing. Truly one of my favourite '90s PC games. I spent hours and hours just messing around on the stunt quarries, seeing what I could come up with and seeing what was possible. The freedom and potential to create your own lines, gaps and transfers was wonderful.

I really hope Microsoft realize this and don't stray too far from the originals.

mujun

The MX Madness games were amazing. Truly one of my favourite '90s PC games. I spent hours and hours just messing around on the stunt quarries, seeing what I could come up with and seeing what was possible. The freedom and potential to create your own lines, gaps and transfers was wonderful.

I really hope Microsoft realize this and don't stray too far from the originals.

Have you tried MX vs ATV Alive?

Back in the day i was part of the Motocross Madness 1/2 track making and rider skins community. Truly one of my favorite games of all time, and is the reason i bought a new PC. lol Its so sad to see it come to this. I just hope its still a physics based, free movement motocross game, and not a 2D racer like Trials and Joe danger. To early to tell from just two screens.

Haunted

Looke like Joyride with Motocross bikes to me. Here's hoping there's more to it than that (and no Kinect!).

"I wonder if this will be different enough from Trials to warrant a purchase.

I love Motorcross games."

If it's a true "Motocross Madness" game, it won't be anything even remotely like Trials. At all. Like it won't be a 2.5D sidescrolling affair. Completely different.

Top Bottom