• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avatar: The Way of Water's Runtime is 3 hours, 10 minutes

ManaByte

Gold Member

Be prepared for a long soak.

James Cameron’s Avatar: The Way of Water has a runtime befitting of the 13-year wait for the sequel, around three hours and 10 minutes, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

Animated GIF

RPS37

*googles Dune runtime….
*googles Endgame runtime

brb

edit: according to IMDb, Endgame broke 3h 🤷🏻

Last edited:

Lunarorbit

Saw the first one with my wife on the theater. After having 3D glasses on that long we almost both fell over when we stood up.

This movie kinda had to be seen in the theater though due the full experience. Guess I better bring extra edibles then!

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I'm in my mid-forties.

I have maybe thirty years left of active life left before I'm either too fucked up to do anything, or dead.

I am not going to spend over three hours of those remaining years in a dark room with other people, watching Cameron's parade of indigenous smurfs wank their way around a non-existent CGI backdrop.

I might catch it on demand at some point.

Last edited:

Hoppa

Crazy I remember seeing the first one right after I finished high school about to start uni, feels like a lifetime ago

Aggelos

James Cameron’s Avatar: The Way of Water has a runtime befitting of the 13-year wait for the sequel, around three hours and 10 minutes, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

smbeaG6.gif

That's close to his Titanic movie, which was 195 mins long.

Now, we're at 190 mins. But it's cool, since it's James Cameron and he has an excellent sense/flair for visual spectacle.

I'm in my mid-forties.

I have maybe thirty years left of active life left before I'm either too fucked up to do anything, or dead.

I am not going to spend over three hours of those remaining years in a dark room with other people, watching Cameron's parade of indigenous smurfs wank their way around a non-existent CGI backdrop.

I might catch it on demand at some point.
You could watch it while eating breakfast and your meal times to save time on your existence. Just pause in-between.

Lasha

If the sequel is anything like the original then 3 hours will fly by. I always think of Avatar as a 90 minute movie when it's over two and a half hours.

i'll wait for it to stream or rent.

i'm done with cinemas. too expensive and uncomfortable. i don't have problems having to go pee but you can't even pause the movie if you do need to go.

cinema is a total rip off.

jason10mm

Gold Member
So much for the plan to have a few beers first and during...sheesh.

Someone watch this opening night and give us a time hack for the most "skippable" 5 min window in the middle of the film for a piss break.

Kamina

Golden Boy
It’s not like i will watch this in the cinema anyway.
Much more comfortable at home, so 3 hours is fine.

Reactions: KO7
The credits will run for approx. 10 minutes, but the trailers and commercials will probably be longer.
The third week of Avatar remastered had an obscene amount of commercials. Might get worse for the sequel.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
i'll wait for it to stream or rent.

i'm done with cinemas. too expensive and uncomfortable. i don't have problems having to go pee but you can't even pause the movie if you do need to go.

cinema is a total rip off.

You're absolutely right, I wholeheartedly agree - but I make an exception for a new James Cameron movie. Terminator 2, Aliens, The Abyss, Titanic and Avatar are in a short list of the best cinema experiences in my life. I *LOVE* those movies, I've got the DVDs, Blu-Rays, 3D versions, you name it. Cameron can't do anything wrong in my book. The man is a genius.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
I hope there will be a 4DX showing of this in my area. Ghostbusters: Afterlife was awesome in 4DX...so I'd better have learned to swim after viewing Avatar: The Way of Water.

i would love to throw water at his face GIF

jim carrey sweat GIF

akimbo009

Gold Member
Never understoof the appeal of the first one, since it's basically just Ferngully. I'm also convinced it only sold the numbers it did because a/ novelty of being 3D and b/ inflated ticket prices for said 3D.

Going to be interesting in how it does in the box office...

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Never understoof the appeal of the first one, since it's basically just Ferngully. I'm also convinced it only sold the numbers it did because a/ novelty of being 3D and b/ inflated ticket prices for said 3D.

Going to be interesting in how it does in the box office...
I dont think it'll break records I don't know anyone irl hyped for this. The only hype I've seen is on the internet from 40 yr olds who get hard when they think about how much money Avatar made.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I find it hilarious that grown men cant hold their pee for 3 hours. I pee like 3 times a day max in 8 hour intervals. how much water are you drinking that you have to go every 2 hours?

Top Bottom