• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers 4 Official Trailer

sol_bad

That name has to be a troll!!!
I don't accept that as the final name. People guessed that name.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
An ok trailer. Obviously a lot has to be held back because of how captain marvel should interact with this movie, but wow that subtitle is pretty bad. No reason they had to keep it secret for even a few weeks after infinite war came out.

They held back a lot. Kinda boring like captain marvel but you get a sense of the mood of them after the loss. And Scott showing up is cool.

Ecto311

Great now I get to hear my wife and kid gush about that fuckin arrow shootin dummy more. They both think hes hunky well he will never beat Tony in my book - bow shooterman looks like someone drew a face on a smashed cigarette.

Looks badass and glad they kept some humor in it.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
RFHHL.gif

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
E N D G A M E
(until we make 28 more movies)

Kadayi

Banned
Cool. I thought Tony and Nebula would team up, but I guess maybe she might have abandoned him because she's a dick and so is he. Although who knows maybe the front end was just Trailer BS and won't be in the final film. Still, more of a reveal than I expected.

Last edited:

plushyp

They are holding back a lot which is to be expected but am surprised they spoiled Ant Man escaping the Quantum Realm.

Edit:
The title though.... sigh.

Last edited:

xviper

the trailer does nothing for me, just a few boring conversations

and the name is weird, maybe it's a place holder ?

kunonabi

I cant believe they went with the cringiest and lamest title being thrown around. Other than that looking good unlike Black Widows's hair.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Looks awesome, will definitely be there opening night.

pel1300

I never thought Hawkeye would be the most hype thing about an Avengers trailer.....

and no...that's not a compliment.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
This is the culmination of what they initially set off to make when they started all of this. This is the endgame for everything the MCU has been until this point.

Yes, I'm well aware. It's probably where I'll stop watching, too.

Fbh

I'm glad they held back. At this point I think most people have made up their mind if they care or not about this, no need to spoil a lot of stuff in the trailers

AV

Okay then I am not sure why you are criticizing the title?

Just poking fun at the fact that this clearly isn't the end, just the end of the first decade of movies. I'm still looking forward to it!

pel1300

Pretty sure they held back a lot on purpose.

I know.. Doesn't make me have to like it. Doesn't make it a good business move.

I genuinely think Marvel has gotten a bit of that hubris that Lucasfilm got after The Force Awakens making 2 billion.

longdi

Banned
Looks kinda like a TV movie, something about the props and lighting look cheap.

That said, i wonder how they will reverse the effect, brute force into Thanos lair and kick his ass for the stones, or do some quatumn science BS deconstruction of the stones and restore them?

Last edited:

pel1300

I'm glad they held back. At this point I think most people have made up their mind if they care or not about this, no need to spoil a lot of stuff in the trailers

Then why did you even watch it if you don't want to know anything?

Airbus Jr

Banned
How the hell Tony will get back to earth?

Every plane in Titan is destroyed, Heimdhalls dead..Dr Strange dead...

Unless he can built something from scraps I don't see him returned....

Last edited:

Fbh

Then why did you even watch it if you don't want to know anything?

Where did I say I don't want to know anything?

I like trailers, I just don't like it when they reveal half of the movie in them as hollywood loves to do. This trailer was great, it does a good job at setting the stage for the movie while also showing a bit of new info, I'm glad I watched it

pel1300

Where did I say I don't want to know anything?

I like trailers, I just don't like it when they reveal half of the movie in them as hollywood loves to do. This trailer was great, it does a good job at setting the stage for the movie while also showing a bit of new info, I'm glad I watched it
As long as you don't rewatch a well made trailer a bunch of times you won't get spoiled.

The IW trailers did a great job of misleading us. It was only people who retwatched it a million times plus read every spoiler rumor out there that tried to piece everything together and ruined it for themselves.
'
The only trailers I see that are awful at spoiling are Sony Pictures trailers.

MCU trailers for the most part...as long as you don't rewatch and pause...rewatch...pause every few seconds...will not spoil a significant amount of the movie for you.

I say this as someone who watched the trailers for Ultron, Civil War, and IW 20 times each....I was still genuinely surprised at each movie after watching.

Loved it! Seriously, the purpose of this trailer is just to let people know the movie's coming out in April. They're sure there's no one out there who will watch this movie based on it's trailer, so I think this move was a good decision.

WaterAstro

Dang it doesn't let out too much, but the end is funny. The universe is in shambles, and Scott Lang is like "hey dudes! how's it going!"

Edit: Is Clint wearing Ronin gear?

Last edited:

quickwhips

How the hell Tony will get back to earth?

Every plane in Titan is destroyed, Heimdhalls dead..Dr Strange dead...

Unless he can built something from scraps I don't see him returned....
He built a suit of armor in a cave! Of course he will get back. I'm guessing captain marvel will save him and he will try to have sex with her.

mutt765

I'm surprised it takes Tony longer than 5 minutes to figure out how to connect the arc reactor he still has in his chest to the ship's power system. /s

Still hyped, can't wait.

WaterAstro

Also, Scott Lang appearing as the list of decimated peoples list definitely confirms that he was safe when he was in the quantum realm.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
After watching again and thinking about it,

I really don’t like how they showed ant man out of the quantum realm from AvW ending. Ruined the entire plot of him getting out now obviously.

And they did it for a cheap laugh that wasn’t that great. No reason to do that.

Edit I guess somebody else already said this. Oh well it’s still stupid.

Last edited:

Doom85

Looks incredible.

For those wondering about Nebula, I assume she is on the Guardians ship with Tony (couldn't tell if that's where she was in her one appearance in the trailer), just giving him some privacy to record his message. Makes sense Tony wouldn't mention her, since this is his "last" of presumably at least several messages so I doubt he would mention Nebula in his final words to Pepper.

Why is Shuri listed as missing? That would annoy me if she apparently disintegrated as well. I'm fine with characters who weren't in IW dying offscreen (like presumably Clint's family), but characters who were in the movie should have gotten on-screen deaths. Can't argue that because no other character would react to her disappearing they didn't feel the need to show it since no one was with Wanda to see her vanish (technically Sam as well but Rhodey was looking for him). Maybe she's gone AWOL for some specific reason, I dunno (I mean, since T-Challa's gone temporarily, I was really hoping to see her in the Black Panther outfit like she dons in the comics, even without the fruit she could use her technology to make up for the lack of enhanced strength).

I'm curious if Rocket went back to space. I would think it likely since he would probably want to find out if any of the other Guardians made it out okay (boy, is he going to be even more devastated). Heck, some are saying it'll be Carol that finds Tony and Nebula, but it could be Rocket (or heck, maybe Rocket meets Carol and they find Tony and Nebula together).

Also, for those complaining about the title, it's clearly meant to be "Endgame" in terms of the old guard. With the more recent MCU characters like Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Spidey, Captain Marvel, and of course the upcoming acquisition of X-men and FF, this is the final hurrah for a lot of the OG characters of the MCU.

Top Bottom