• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers 4 Official Trailer

cr0w

Old Member
Awesome, can't wait for them to fix everything via time travel thanks to Ant-Man's access to the quantum realm and for everything to be hunky dory at the end until the next MAJOR EVENT.

plushyp

You spoiled the ending of Ant-Man & the Wasp, a movie I have not seen yet.
Again, the scene is explicitly shown at the end of the trailer. Having not watched Ant Man 2, why come into this thread for a film that takes place chronologically after it and then complain about spoilers when the trailer itself shows what happens...

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Im not sure I understand the spoiler culture involved in this. Ant man came out 5 months ago, the home release a month and a half ago, and we are talking about a movie that directly relates to the events in said movie as its primary basis.

Last edited:

HeadsUp7Up

Im not sure I understand the spoiler culture involved in this. Ant man came out 5 months ago, the home release a month and a half ago, and we are talking about a movie that directly relates to the events in said movie as its primary basis.

Agreed. The spoiler Moratorium on Ant Man and The Wasp is over.

It’s still a fun movie to watch. Spoilers don’t bother me anyway as it’s the journey not the destination that I care about.

Airbus Jr

Banned
After watching again and thinking about it,

I really don’t like how they showed ant man out of the quantum realm from AvW ending. Ruined the entire plot of him getting out now obviously.

And they did it for a cheap laugh that wasn’t that great. No reason to do that.

Edit I guess somebody else already said this. Oh well it’s still stupid.

Yeah so many plot hole...

Not to mention war machine was crippled in civil war but in infinity war it's like nothing ever happened to him....

manfestival

Awesome, can't wait for them to fix everything via time travel thanks to Ant-Man's access to the quantum realm and for everything to be hunky dory at the end until the next MAJOR EVENT.
Not sure what you actually expected. I find that kinda silly to think that everyone would actually remain dead.

Grinchy

Banned
Be the guy and tell us the how war machine can recover from leg paralysis and back to active duty in just couple month
Weren't there scenes of him using some kind of bionic leg supports or something? I can't stand Don Cheadle in these movies so his scenes aren't memorable for me, but I seem to remember this.

Saturnman

Banned
Again, the scene is explicitly shown at the end of the trailer. Having not watched Ant Man 2, why come into this thread for a film that takes place chronologically after it and then complain about spoilers when the trailer itself shows what happens...

Because this is an Avengers thread, not an Ant Man one. There are over 20 MCU movies. If you check the box office of all these movies, they widely differ in popularity. But the Avengers series is more popular than any of non-Avenger MCU movies. I'm not alone being selective with what I watch.

To me and before you spoiled it, Avengers just shows Ant man and Hawkeye who were strangely absent in the last Avengers movie. Which seemed to be the point, that they are there this time around.

Klondyke

Banned
That was cool!

Heres to hoping that it will be Ant-Man + Captain Marvel to save these other clowns asses lol

Xenon

tenor.gif

thequestion

Come for the epic music and stay for the Antman. This trailer was kind of pointless, but this is film is one of the rare cases where a trailer is almost unnecessary.

Can’t wait. Day one!

A fiend on mine text me and asked “as a casual fan why should I care that Hawkeye is a samurai now? How does that help beat Thanos or bring anyone back?”

Airbus Jr

Banned
A fiend on mine text me and asked “as a casual fan why should I care that Hawkeye is a samurai now? How does that help beat Thanos or bring anyone back?”

They kinda nerfed Thanos in the movie version, Nebula can go one vs one against him for a brief moment

Samurai Hawkeye can do lot of damage to him and he can help alot

Comic version Thanos are far more powerfull, comic thanos wreck Dark Phoenix, Magneto, enraged Scarlet Witch , Skyfather Odin and many other op Marvell hero at the same time...characters like hawkeye and blackwidow means nothing to him there

Last edited:

sol_bad

I'm going to stick with the idea that "EndGame" is a bait and switch like when they first announced Civil War at the Phase 3 conference.
I really can't imagine that it is the real name when so many people had already guessed it.

Last edited:

HeadsUp7Up

Be the guy and tell us the how war machine can recover from leg paralysis and back to active duty in just couple month
He was wearing some bionic leg braces at the end of the movie. You’re really going to nitpick that part of the movie when Tony Stark has dozens of iron man suits and they somehow don’t have the technology for Rhodey to walk again? This is the same world where a prisoner made a miniature arc reactor in a cave in the mountains of the Middle East. But Rhodes being mobile again is a bridge too far...

Edited for grammar

Last edited:

shira

It's more the implications.
Like he was out - but something happened to bring him back.
Presumably his wife or kids got snapped so it's revenge/avenge time for Clint

cr0w

Old Member
Not sure what you actually expected. I find that kinda silly to think that everyone would actually remain dead.

Didn't expect anything different, it's just the same shit that got me out of reading comics. Multiple issues and titles crossing over leading to one big event, everything is settled after years of build up only for the next issue to set up this year's big event. I want individual stories at this point.

kunonabi

I'm going to stick with the idea that "EndGame" is a bait and switch like when they first announced Civil War at the Phase 3 conference.
I really can't imagine that it is the real name when so many people had already guessed it.

My only hope is that during the end credits when the title comes up it transforms into Avengers: Forever with some amazing Silvestri track accompanying it.

iconmaster

Banned

Hawkeye studied the blade.

I will be very disappointed if there is some way to completely reverse Thano's act. That cheapens the arc tremendously. Undoing the damage partially, sure. But not all of it.

Last edited:

KRAai

oh i guess i will write about the trailer
so i think it was perfect i don't want any spoilers
and i don't think that marvel have to rise hype at all
i am just glad it wasn't some spoiler fest
also i got emotional
but that doesn't really mean shit
as i always do
as i can only feel through movies no matter how deep they are :messenger_dizzy:

Last edited:

plushyp

Because this is an Avengers thread, not an Ant Man one. There are over 20 MCU movies. If you check the box office of all these movies, they widely differ in popularity. But the Avengers series is more popular than any of non-Avenger MCU movies. I'm not alone being selective with what I watch.

To me and before you spoiled it, Avengers just shows Ant man and Hawkeye who were strangely absent in the last Avengers movie. Which seemed to be the point, that they are there this time around.
Sigh, hopefully a final time: I did not spoil anything. If you want to be overly pedantic, you still don't know the plot of Ant Man 2 and can safely watch the entire film in suspense over the events that will occour. The "Quantum Realm" scene takes place independently of it to serve as an entry point for Ant Man into this.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Showed more than I expected. Surprised they didn’t show off Captain Marvel who I’m guessing will rescue Tony.

Gander

Banned
They have to start introducing the Xmen at some point and they may even want to continue with the Inhumans.

pel1300

He was wearing some bionic leg braces at the end of the movie. You’re really going to nitpick that part of the movie when Tony Stark has dozens of iron man suits and they somehow don’t have the technology for Rhodey to walk again? This is the same world where a prisoner made a miniature arc reactor in a cave in the mountains of the Middle East. But Rhodes being mobile again is a bridge too far...

Edited for grammar

In fact...in the real world we have stem cell therapy that can potentially cure almost anything. ....it generated healthy skin all over a little kid who was born with a disease where only 20% of his body had hnormal skin...kid was gonna die from infections...stem cell therapy saved his life and now he is healthy playing soccer.

It cured Mel Gibson't 100 year old dad from inflammation all over his body 6 years ago.

It allows pro MMA fighters with severe shoulder injuries to be back in the gym boxing 3 weeks after injections.

I'm surprised Tony didn't get Rhodey stem cell injections in his spine to get him walking in a few weeks!!

Last edited:
The trailer has over 36 million views in 18 hours...

B-but Nintendo told me that Smash Bros was the most ambitious crossover in entertainment.:goog_unsure:

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
Is twitter going off about ‘cultural appropriation’ cause of hawkeyes new look?

Duallusion

Well that was a bit... underwhelming. First teaser-trailer for A:IW (I think it was the first - with Thanos' voice-over?) was way more hype.

Still my current most anticipated next year's release!

KRAai

hmm why can't i edit my post ? oh well
i just wanted to add that i actually think they will come both at the same time
i just think it's such a perfect toni sitaution when he is almost gone and then
2 women
come to rescue him
perfect for that marvel joke scene

Top Bottom