• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers Assembling on Gamepass Sept 30

Topher

Gold Member
Man, my sub expires on September 30th. Goddammit.

Hopefully I will get another $1 sub option like I did last month.

They are really making it hard to create new accounts lol. I had to use my secondary email but they somehow found that it was associated to my primary email on the other account. I was like how? lol

I will probably just wait till forza comes out and pay $10 for it and Avengers.

I've resubbed with the $1 option multiple times with the same account.

dottme

Does the gamepass include all the MTX? Because if you still have MTX in this kind of game, the game isn’t really playable fulily.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Hopefully they’ve improved since I last played on ps5. It gets so boring, so quickly. I was also assuming it would never come to game pass. Really wish I had waited now, because at least the first three or so hours of the campaign was good. The rest got garbage

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I enjoy it for what it is. I think the combat is a lot of fun and each character is different enough to put a good chunk of time into it. Their problem is that there is no reason to log in every day like they want people to do. The gear is just behind the scenes numbers and quite frankly working towards the legendary stuff doesn't warrant the grind (which I've done for a couple characters). On top of that, the end game gets extremely repetitive which is why I put it away until they release new content. I haven't even bothered checking out the Black Panther stuff yet but it's supposedly decent.

Hezekiah

Banned
Is this meant to be good news? Game has been a disaster since launch, and continues to be awful.

Square Enix should be ashamed of themselves.

McCheese

Why would anybody want to jump onto a sinking ship?

The SaaS model for games is really dangerous, because nobody wants to sink time into a service game that'll likely be shut down in 12 months, so you end up with this self fulfilling prophecy where unless the launch is a massive success it just slowly dies due to lack of players.

This is one of those games, it's crazy they threw even more money at it with these updates and didnt just bioware it.

Last edited:

lefty1117

Gold Member
There's fun to be had with it. Definitely worth a try on Gamepass. Enjoy the campaign. The multiplayer with no crossplay isn't great for queues, but maybe we'll enjoy a few weeks of quick queue times with the GP bump. Also, Spiderman won't be on the PC or XBOX version so that will be sure to cause some rage.

I came here to make a joke about how putting this on Game Pass actually lowers the value of the service.

Thinking about it a bit more, this feels like the type of underachieving GAAS release that essentially justifies Game Pass in that there's zero chance I or many others would buy/play it otherwise. I'm sure I'll enjoy aspects of it and plan to play thru the single player campaign at least once n do a little grinding just to see and experience it all, maybe do some achievement hunting, etc... But because the SP content was so thin and this was obviously designed around the idea of "continuing MP content" it was an instant turnoff to gamers like me at full price (or even half price).

A Game Pass "rental", on the other hand, at least gets my foot in the door. And while I'll never in a million years spend $$$ on MTX bullshit, there's a larger audience who def would have had this launched FTP or on Game Pass day and date. 🤷‍♂️

lefty1117

Gold Member
I came here to make a joke about how putting this on Game Pass actually lowers the value of the service.

Thinking about it a bit more, this feels like the type of underachieving GAAS release that essentially justifies Game Pass in that there's zero chance I or many others would buy/play it otherwise. I'm sure I'll enjoy aspects of it and plan to play thru the single player campaign at least once n do a little grinding just to see and experience it all, maybe do some achievement hunting, etc... But because the SP content was so thin and this was obviously designed around the idea of "continuing MP content" it was an instant turnoff to gamers like me at full price (or even half price).

A Game Pass "rental", on the other hand, at least gets my foot in the door. And while I'll never in a million years spend $$$ on MTX bullshit, there's a larger audience who def would have had this launched FTP or on Game Pass day and date. 🤷‍♂️
What makes it worse to me is that it was clearly designed as a live service game, yet the live service is the worst aspect of it. The campaign is actually good fun. The multiplayer is buggy, sparse and soon becomes repetitive. But it will be fun for a couple of weeks for people - more than enough reason to give it a try on Gamepass.

Javthusiast

Banned
I also enjoy anthem….come at me bros
Arnold Schwarzenegger Reaction GIF
gear up arnold schwarzenegger GIF
gear up arnold schwarzenegger GIF
Arnold Schwarzenegger Reaction GIF

Last edited:
I'll give it a run, thanks GP. I was never going to buy the game. Some of my son's friends on GP will probably play this and if there's some MTX they'll likely spend some coin/XBL gift cards on it.

Justin9mm

People can hate on this game all they want which is fine but for 'free' it's definitely worth a play.

The single player campaign is decent and so are most of the expansions.

I will always maintain that the way each character plays so differently is an absolute blast though and even visually it's pretty nice.

Not a great game but there's enough good in it to at least give it a go.
I agree, I put a good number of hours into the campaign on PS5 version on the free weekend they gave.. I had my fun and I've been waiting for a sale on the game to complete my campaign progress. In Australia the cheapest I seen for PS5 version was $39 AUD.. I'm waiting for this to drop to around $20 lol

I bought it day one full price and I thought the campaign was pretty much worth it especially where a certain song plays during a certain Iron-man sequence *chef’s kiss*.

While the endgame multiplayer lacked scope and an actual endgame, it was kinda fun to just mess around and leveling up other characters when the one you were using got boring.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Remember when people where going ape over how Spiderman would be Sony exclusive.... lol yeah because that materialised.

Honestly even for free I don't know if I can be bothered wasting the bandwidth on this.

Last edited:

yamaci17

I was always interested in the single player storyline.

although it tires to tell a decent story, it is plagued by the multiplayer-type of structure and quickly gets stale. practically, if you're not going to enjoy its online mode, chances are you will also curse at times because of how maps repeat themselves

there are unique quests every now and then, but the multiplayer aspects are forced too much into its single player mode. it almost feels like the single player campaign is just there to teach you how stuff works in its actual multiplayer mode

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Remember when people where going ape over how Spiderman would be Sony exclusive.... lol yeah because that materialised.
No what I remember is them clearly saying Spider-man was always meant for 2021. Every bit of content got delayed thanks to covid and also disney dictating what to release, so they can tie in with their other media.
Spider-man is very likely coming in November or December, the latter seems more likely because then the release can tie in with the upcoming movie.

Top Bottom