• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

TUSR

Banned

DIRECT LINK TO LIVE STREAM
LINK TO VLC/MPC STREAM #1 /// LINK TO VLC/MPC STREAM #2
DIRECT LINK TO SCHEDULE ---> BACKUP SCHEDULE #1
(Schedule is converted to your local time)

VODs (Previous Runs)

What is AGDQ2015?
The fifth annual speed running marathon: Awesome Games Done Quick 2015. Is a 7-day online event (from January 4th-10th) to raise money for the Prevent Cancer Foundation. Featuring over 100 games, speed runners will play continuously in order to collect donations for Prevent Cancer Foundation, the partner for this event. During the marathon, donations enter you into various prizes, and can be used to determine the outcome of bidding wars! The various prizes and bidding wars can be found in the AGDQ2015 schedule.

Charity Info
Prevent Cancer Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that saves lives through cancer research, education and community outreach. 100% of your donations go toward supporting Prevent Cancer Foundation in its mission.

dCV9dvt.png

How can I donate?
You can donate directly through GAMESDONEQUICK'S website

Merchandise

Decals inspired by the games being run at this year's AGDQ! $2 from every decal purchased from 1/4/15 to 1/10/15 (11:59p CT) will be donated to AGDQ's chosen charity, the Prevent Cancer Foundation.

Humble Awesome Games Done Quick 2015 Bundle!

Other Awesome Banners

Additional Information

Important Links

The OP will be updated regularly throughout the event and will change as the marathon progresses.

If something doesn't work in the OP at some point, just PM me and ill sort it out.

I've provided a few alternative links, but due to nature of this being a marathon, some things just stop working/break.

Quote this post and I (or someone else) will get you an invite.

I made a Twitch chat room called NeoGAF

Post your Twitch names and ill start inviting.

TUSR

Banned
One handed Vanquish speedrun? That sounds interesting.

I love AGDQ. Will watch.

That's the one that caught my too! Gotta catch that.

From his Twitch page:

I have a physical disability called hemiparesis that lowers coordination and feeling in my right side. While I'm not really deformed, this does affect my daily life and I play a majority of games better one-handed rather than with two; this includes all games I speedrun. Also, I like the way it looks (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Revven

I am so pumped to watch this, the lineup this year is really good! (I mean, when has it not, though?) Really wanna see the one-handed Vanquish and looking forward to DKCTF being the opener.

Vaddon

Damn, this completely slipped under my radar. Absolutely love watching this every year, sleepless nights here we come!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
OK I don't want to be "that guy" but am I the only one who noticed some of the regular runners are not running? No Cosmo? No Sig? Spike Vegeta?

TUSR

Banned
OK I don't want to be "that guy" but am I the only one who noticed some of the regular runners are not running? No Cosmo? No Sig? Spike Vegeta?

Who wants to see the 4th best Mario player in the world?

Edit: (Serious Reply) Sig doesn't run Mario anymore, he plays SSBM.
Cosmo is playing SSB4, probably won't ever touch his OOT any% time, and isn't competitive at WW anymore.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
And this year, they have 3 japanese runners attending, so it's pretty cool.

I only know 0xwas, forgot the names of the other two.

Revven

Sig hasn't been speedrunning nearly that much SM64 this past year (he also doesn't have WR anymore iirc) and Cosmo stopped speedrunning the OoT stuff he was doing in favor of playing Smash 4 instead. Spike Vegeta I guess submitted DKCTF and/or Kingdom Hearts and... I guess they decided to choose the other person for DKCTF as he's probably better than Spike or something. And KH is a bid war so... not sure if Spike is going to running either one, I'd assume he has to be a runner for one of them or maybe both as it says "Various" on it for the... runners.

Cosmo will probably at least commentate OoT 100% (the finale).

kadotsu

Banned
Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Dark Forces II, Kaizo Mario World, Kirby Super Star, William Shatner's Tekwar and hopefully KHIIFM Critical are absolute must watches for me.

Top Bottom