• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome PGR3 vs Real Life Tokyo comparison pics

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Saw this posted on the other forum

Bizarre Creations did a very impressive job

Click on a thumbnail to enlarge it

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
The textures are incredibly accurate. Blew me away. I spent time looking around the virtual city, and they really nailed most of the smallest details. The construction around the south exit of the station wasn't present, but that's not suprising. I wonder when they did this research?

The textures are very high resolution as well...and, unfortunately, you can't notice that level of detail while playing. The ground often looks blurry, thanks to the lack of AF and the motion blur (which means there ARE no "sharp" areas), yet the textures are razor sharp when you look closely.

That screenshot with the First Kitchen fast food place on the left side -- the Xbox 360 screenshot actually looks identicaly to what First Kitchen used to look like. They changed the outside of all their shops a few months ago.

damn... that's impressive!

10.jpg

jedimike

I remember seeing that Epson building from the PGR3 demo. It's kind of trippy seeing details like that. I know I biffed the sides several times just because I was gawking at the environment. Very gorgeous game... the garage area just floors me. Again, it kind of trips you out when you can look inside the car and see every little detail.

Kolgar

OK, this is nearly awe inspiring. I'm very impressed.

Now give me these visuals at 60fps, and I'll welcome next gen with open arms!

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Shinobi said:
:lol @ traffic...that must've been a fun commute.

:lol That spiral really is real? I remember the first time I encountered it in PGR3. It seemed so ridiculous that I thought they might have made it up (even though I knew the roads were supposed to be real). I just didn't want to believe it.

TeTr1C

Wow. I didn't know it was the close to real life. I always love going into Photo Mode during the races and looking around at builiding and stuff. I spend a good amount of time doing it too, believe it or not. I love that mode. A great addition to the game.

KingJ2002

thing is... it's hard to really be floored by this while playing when there's jaggies all over the place and blurring that just takes away the detail while im driving by.

driving across the manhattan bridge is like driving through a gigantic motion blur especially when you pan the camera to the left or the right of the car.

the garages are sexy as hell though.... i love walking through them just to absorb all the scenery.

my ford gt sitting outside of the converted barn garage looks sexy as hell.

rod

Banned
the jaggies only appear on the car models during race. and theyre not too bad. maybe your tv sharpness is set too high

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
incredible. would love to see some new york shots. come on ny gaffers, get to it

ghibli99

Damn, those are nice... if you didn't have the real-world comparison shots to compare, the majority of those could be mistaken for real pictures if someone were just glancing at them casually. Props to BC (couldn't bring myself to say the obvious :)).

Blimblim

The Inside Track
BenT said:
Is the "Epson" shot in Shinjuku? If so, I walked by there a lot last year.
Yeah it's just outside the train station. I've got the almost exact same shot from there, but at night.

eso76

KingJ2002 said:
thing is... it's hard to really be floored by this while playing when there's jaggies all over the place and blurring that just takes away the detail while im driving by.

i used to "complain" about PGR3's jaggies a lot, but when i started playing in progressive instead of interlaced most of them disappeared.
A lot of the jagginess was just the interlacing's fault, are you playing in 720p ?

op_ivy

heres a few quicky comparison shots in vegas taken from random vacation pics. i apoligize for the poor quality shots of pgr3 and the controller disconnect.

vegascomp1.jpg

vegascomp2.jpg

vegascomp3.jpg

op_ivy

BlueLegs said:
Am i the only one getting half naked chicks in a bed for the fist image?

ruh-oh... someones changing the pics :lol

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
BlueLegs said:
Am i the only one getting half naked chicks in a bed for the fist image?

I see it too.. and I don't remember it being there before :lol

Top Bottom