• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Tron / Epic Mickey controllers from Disney

noah111

Still Alive
Had to post, I think they looks so hot, specially the 360 one ($50);

pdp-tron360.jpg

pdp-tron-ps3.jpg

pdp-tron-wii.jpg

Epic Mickey;

pdp-epicmickey.jpg

So good.

nib95

Banned
That 360 Tron controller is mine lol. Where's a proper DS3 version? :( To be fair, they look a little tacky. But I'll get one just to have it stand out, glow in the dark and as a fan service to Tron.

jaypah

they all look pretty badass, thanks for posting. i had heard a mention of them on the Bombcast but i forgot to look them up.

If those Tron controllers actually light up when you're using them, +1 for PS3 and Wii for me. Amazing!

EDIT: Why is there a wire coming out of the PS3 controller?

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
The EM look nice

The tron ones look like bullshit, I know they're going for that look and all but every cheap third party controller looks like that. And 50? Cmon :lol

noah111

Still Alive
I'd like to see rl shots of the Tron ones, controller renders tend to be bullshit a lot of the time, especially when they have any kind of LED backlit anything.

aztrex said:
If those Tron controllers actually light up when you're using them, +1 for PS3 and Wii for me. Amazing!

They do light up. They were on display in the huge Tron area of the Disney booth. The onl light there was from neon Tron signage (and these controllers). Very cool looking, but the PS3 shape seemed kinda funky (considering the other two mirrored the official controller's form). I can't remember what the triggers were like on the PS3 pad.... 360 and Wiis looked pretty spot on.

Team Klimt said:
They do light up. They were on display in the huge Tron area of the Disney booth. The onl light there was from neon Tron signage (and these controllers). Very cool looking, but the PS3 shape seemed kinda funky. 360 and Wiis looked pretty spot on.

You know something you're right, the PS3 controller does seem off. Also it has a fucking cord coming out of the top of it, wtf :lol doesn't look like a USB either, anyone shed some light on this?

Sentry said:
I'd like to see rl shots of the Tron ones, controller renders tend to be bullshit a lot of the time, especially when they have any kind of LED backlit anything.

Those aren't renders. They just boosted the bloom and popped in a fake background. They look exactly like that. It looks like 360 and PS3 are both wired though :/

Foxix Von

360 and wii controllers look fine as hell! the triple controllers not so much =/ Kinda sucks that it's corded but a worthy sacrifice for that neon glow mmmmhhmmmmm.

Foxix Von

Plywood said:
I really like the 360 one except the skittle buttons are ruining it. :I

If they had put the style of the wii buttons on it that would lend to a more cohesive look. On the other hand, I can taste the rainbow just looking at it.

Hung Wei Lo

Cat in the Hat said:
PS3 one is getting bought. Wonder weather the L2/R2 is a button or shitty trigger like current DS3.

This is my question as well...also, how do the analog sticks feel? Although I prefer the shape and the "feel" of the DS3, I kind of like the feel of the the 360 pad's stick..feels stiffer (that's what she said :lol )

MightyHedgehog said:
Neat...but only wired X360 and PS3 pads?

ooh..didn't notice that either..that would kinda suck, being wired and all, but if the thing is gunna light up like that, the battery would last what, 2-3 hours worth of gaming?

JWong

Banned
I don't know about the PS3 controller. It definitely doesn't look like it was a modified version, rather than some third party controller that had been modified.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Teetris said:
The EM look nice

The tron ones look like bullshit, I know they're going for that look and all but every cheap third party controller looks like that. And 50? Cmon :lol
This. The 360 one seems to have the right shape but it just looks like something you could find in a mod site gallery. The PS3 one looks off with the shape and just looks like a crappy third party controller.

I mean, I actually think the 360 one looks pretty nice, it's just that any controller with LEDs reminds me of those guys. :lol

noah111

Still Alive
JWong said:
I don't know about the PS3 controller. It definitely doesn't look like it was a modified version, rather than some third party controller that had been modified.
Yeah, well it actually is. The same company is responsible for this thing;

So obviously this is based off of that. Same thing with the 360 version as well;

They also make triggers for the DS3 so I hope that means this thing would have decent triggers.

Cruzader

Banned
Sentry said:
Yeah, well it actually is. The same company is responsible for this thing;

So obviously this is based off of that. Same thing with the 360 version as well;

They also make triggers for the DS3 so I hope that means this thing would have decent triggers.

So they are "re-skinned" old 3rd party controllers with a $50-60 price tag??? Pass and so should GAF.

Top Bottom