• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Axiom Verge getting a physical release on the Switch.

This makes the WiiU version rather obsolete, I can't imagine many people going for that now with a Switch release coming out.

Makes the Vita version a little less special too, but I'll still be going for that one!

jonno394

Hopefully it is Badlands, but I just had a bad vision that this might be the first LRG release on Switch, considering they said they were doing one this year.

Scrawnton

I passed on all other versions because I knew this would inevitably come to Switch. I'll definitely pick up a physical version of this.

Alienfan

This should be exciting news, but until Nintendo fix their awful pricing parity bullshit, anytime a physical release is announced for the switch I'll get disappointed. $30 digital release yay!!! Maybe I'm wrong though and the digital version will be priced like the other platforms

LordKano

This should be exciting news, but until Nintendo fix their awful pricing parity bullshit, anytime a physical release is announced for the switch I'll get disappointed. $30 digital release yay!!!

Pricing parity theory is bullshit to begin with. Especially when there's counter examples releasing this very week.

I was waiting for the Wii U physical release but this has just made my day! I've wanted to play this game for such a long time and this is just what I wanted. I love physical indies, this will look great next to Binding of Isaac!

ramparter

Banned
https://twitter.com/World1_1Podcast/status/856495275380285440

Awh yeah, stealth Axiom Verge on switch announcement, and physical! Gimme that goodness./

In an interview last night, Tom Happ, creator of Axiom Verge stated that a Switch retail release of Axiom Verge is in the works. This release is looking to include not only the game but also a physical manual, a documentary about the game, and possibly a copy of the soundtrack.
Now watch digital price be the same.

Alienfan

Pricing parity theory is bullshit to begin with. Especially when there's counter examples releasing this very week.

I hope your right! Maybe it's a retail thing, if you're releasing both the digital version and the physical on the same day most outlets would want the physical edition to be priced equally? Because there are examples on the switch that seem overpriced, but I could be totally wrong in assuming price parity being the reason for that

jariw

This should be exciting news, but until Nintendo fix their awful pricing parity bullshit, anytime a physical release is announced for the switch I'll get disappointed. $30 digital release yay!!! Maybe I'm wrong though

How does this price parity bullshit thing work? Would that mean that a company couldn't have eShop sales unless they discounted the release version as well? Source?

The source has 41 followers on Twitter. No video evidence or the full interview, i think
Would be weird to announce it through there. Any other source?

They linked to audio evidence, I think:
http://shoutengine.com/World11/052-on-the-axiom-verge-of-greatness-with-tom-happ-35232

How does this price parity bullshit thing work? Would that mean that a company couldn't have eShop sales unless they discounted the release version as well? Source?

Pricing parity isn't a thing, the digital version of Puyo Puyo Tetris wasn't held back by the physical pricing.

Hopefully it is Badlands, but I just had a bad vision that this might be the first LRG release on Switch, considering they said they were doing one this year.

They've well and truly ruled out working on this game in the past, so I can say with almost certainty that it won't be them.

fernoca

Will buy for sure. Have played it, but don't own it on any platform. Always considered PS4 because it includes the Vita version, but Swich cases, booklets, etc....day one. XD

jacobeid

Banned
I'm tempted to play this again. It was my most anticipated game of 2015 but ultimately it was the most disappointing release that year for me due to pacing issues, the lack of environmental variety, and one frustrating-as-hell boss in particular. Maybe I'll like it more a second time through.

Edit: if this game is $30 digitally I would HIGHLY recommend waiting for a sale. It's not worth that much so hopefully it'll be $20 on the eShop (which is still too much IMO for the game's age and quality)

jariw

I tried to scan the stream for the actual source of solid confirmation on the Switch version. The only thing I can hear is they're trying to do a Switch version.

Jerm411

Hell yes....was one of the games I was waiting for to be announced for Switch.

Game was in my backlog forever and when the Switch was revealed I held off hoping it'd come there...success. Can't wait to play.

pswii60

That's not true, digital/physical price disparity is allowed if the physical copy contains extra content (see Puyo Puyo Tetris and I believe Isaac Rebirth as well), so there's no reason for digital to be more expensive.
I didn't realise the physical game was getting extra content, unless the manual and documentary counts.

One of the last Wii U games I need for my collection (if it still releases in North America). I would prefer to play it on Switch though and will pick up a Physical Version when it's released.

I love that Switch is getting a lot of these indie games with Physical releases.

Thanks to GCU physical releases are cheaper than digital every time due to parity,

Day 1 for me as I have never gotten to play this.

I'm glad I held off on the physical PS4 copy then, since I already owned it digital. I will definitely double dip for a physical on the Switch!

Top Bottom