• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Axiom Verge getting physical release on Wii U, Vita, and PS4

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
http://nintendoeverything.com/axiom-verge-getting-physical-release-on-wii-u/

AXIOMVERGE_WIIU_PROVIS_Packshot_3D.jpg

Axiom Verge landed on Wii U last year as an eShop download. Later this year, the game will be getting the physical treatment.

Thomas Happ Games is partnering with BadLand Indie on Axiom Verge: Multiverse Edition. Buyers will receive a copy of the game, a deluxe booklet with developer commentary and art, double-sided poster, and an exclusive making-of documentary on DVD.

Axiom Verge: Multiverse Edition is slated for Q2. It will be priced at $29.99 / €29.99 / £24.99.

Peltz

Nice.

I've held off on this game, but a physical version may make me bite. How's the Wii U version compared to other platforms?

I was gonna come in here and post "and PS4 & Vita" but it seems Takao has me covered.

I wondered why the original source didn't have that but I suppose it is Nintendoeverything.

emb

Awesome! This has been a game I've wanted to play.

Wii U seems like a good fit for it, though I'll have to check and see if it released/will release earlier on the PS platforms. Either way, it's just good to see this one getting physical. Edit: Ah, yeah, sounds like this was a PS4 game. So on PS4 it shall stay, as far as my choice is concerned.

KHlover

Banned
I still need to play this game. Is it really good?

In terms of being Metroid-like it's the best Metroidvania game to date imo. It has a bunch of useless weapons, balancing certainly isn't perfect and the bosses aren't that good, but it also has pretty good level design, good platforming and some really cool items. Not to mention the soundtrack and artstyle, which are great.

I really liked it.

LordKano

Their minimum print runs are too high. I am sure otherwise it would be on everything.

Wonder why he was a jerk to LRG though. But it looks like this isn't limited at all maybe that is why.

Nice has MS changed their minimums? Weird that it's not in the preview picture.

They really should change their policies, it's not normal if a publisher is releasing a physical game on Wii U, Vita and not Xbox One.

Soroc

This game would have been perfect launching with the Switch since its right up Nintendo's audiences alley. Real shame imo they wasted money on a physical release on a console that is on its way out, just seems like really bad timing.

Hope it works out for them though and they are able to grow their audience a little while making some more money but hopefully they can port this game over quickly as they could probably make some good bank on the launch window

I hope they aren't creating too many physical copies of the Wii U version... I can't see them selling very many at this point. Seems odd to even bother.

Top Bottom