• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Axiom Verge (PS4) coming March 31st for $19.99

Xater

Apparently people are afraid to make new threads for news so here you go. Axiom Verge is coming March 31st for $19.99 in the US and April 1st for €17.99 in Europe.

Link: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/02/23/axiom-verge-out-march-31st-on-ps4-new-powerup-details/

Here are some gifs from the announcement which show some new power ups:

GrizzledBriefFoxterrier.gif

CleanBreakableGrizzlybear.gif

I am pretty excited. However, March is such a loaded month man. I don't know where i am going to get all the funds. Just bought a New 3ds, MH4U, The Order, BloodBorne, Hell Divers, Toukiden Kiwami, and now finally Axiom Verge. All I need now is Cosmic Star Heroine, Hollow Knights, Chasm, Heart Fort Alicia, Ghost Song, and I am sure I am missing some others!

mp1990

Banned
The price is a bit too high but i'm picking it up nevertheless. I played it on a demo booth in some store and it was AWESOME.

bigkrev

I don't want to be -that guy-, but $20 seems steep for this. I don't think it's going to sell very well at that price

Tohsaka

Damn, another March game. I'll be picking it up for sure, but I might wait a bit since there's like 7-8 other games I want in March.

Sir TapTap

Sucks the Vita version isn't ready, but hey it's cross buy which is good news. PS TV support is also planned apparently, asked the dev on Twitter the other day. I can't see why it wouldn't work since the game is designed for controller after all.

Looking forward to this but seems pricey.

It's a full length Metroidvania game, how is that pricy? I've spent at least 3 hours in the 15% "preview 3" build now. Quality and length definitely seem to justify the price for me.

Nugg

I don't want to be -that guy-, but $20 seems steep for this. I don't think it's going to sell very well at that price

I've got bad news for you: you're that guy.

20 bucks seems really fair to me (edit: hoping it's as good as it looks, fingers crossed). Day one.

Meader

Sucks the Vita version isn't ready, but hey it's cross buy which is good news. PS TV support is also planned apparently, asked the dev on Twitter the other day. I can't see why it wouldn't work since the game is designed for controller after all.

It's a full length Metroidvania game, how is that pricy? I've spent at least 3 hours in the 15% "preview 3" build now. Quality and length definitely seem to justify the price for me.

Don't get me wrong, I will get it for this price, but I can see a lot of people being put off by it, due to it being a bit more than your standard 'indie' game.

Xater

It's longer than The Order!

anddo0

Looking forward to this but seems pricey.

I was about to pull the trigger on Shadow of Mordor. But then this got a date/price. Decsion made. It's about $5 more than expected, but I can deal.

Why wait for Vita version? It's cross-buy.
But people who are mostly interested in the Vita version should not worry. It’s definitely coming, and it’s definitely going to be cross-buy, so if you buy it on PS4, it will be ready for download on your Vita as soon as it launches there.

TraBuch

Banned
Not sure that's a good price for this. Could be the greatest game ever made, but the casual person will just see a 2D sidescroller for $20 next to other 2D that cost $15 at the most.

Corgi

Banned
do we have a date for pc?

price seems fine. paid that for Shantae 3ds, which is another metroidvania with sick sprites.

robot

Can't wait - was really hyped when screenshots started showing up, then played at Bestbuy and that hype went through the roof. Will gladly pay $20 for it.

price seems fine. paid that for Shantae 3ds, which is another metroidvania with sick sprites.

It is a pub fund game so expect a 3-6 months till the PC version BUT There is only one guy working on the game and he is working on the vita version so the PC version will happen but later on.

mattp

son of a bitch, so close to bloodborne

oh but the vita version isn't done yet. cool, maybe by the time i'm done with bloodborne xiom verge will be out on vita. i kinda feel like that's gonna be the way i wanna play this

Corgi

Banned
It is a pub fund game so expect a 3-6 months till the PC version BUT There is only one guy working on the game and he is working on the vita version so the PC version will happen but later on.

I'll wait for the PC version which according to the dev is coming a few months later but thanks for the heads up, first time hearing about this fine looking game.

http://www.axiomverge.com/blog/axiom...ent-1363393384

k ill just get it on vita then.

This game is going to be awesome. I have played it quite a bit on the PS4 Demo Unit at Best Buy. The music is amazing and the visuals give me so many feels of my childhood as a 38 year old gamer.

The price is fine!!

Sir TapTap

Expect several months after PS4 like all other pub fund games. I want to say 6 months? but I'm not sure there are known/set terms for that.

I'm on board! I guess that will be £15 over here. I'm assuming this will be cross-buy for when the Vita version finally launches.

It's cross buy, it's in the blog post.

Dev started on PC, the contract is probably the main issue (though passing it through steam and all isn't inconsequential for a single person)

Anyone complaining about the price can't even know how big the game is yet, so what exactly are you basing your complete idiocy on?

Einbroch

Banned
Anyone complaining about the price can't even know how big the game is yet, so what exactly are you basing your complete idiocy on?

I'm not a massive fan of the way the game looks like it plays, thus I don't think it's worth $20. Not an old-school Metroid fan. So it's not worth $20. To me.

Thanks for calling my opinion idiotic, though.

Top Bottom