• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Axiom Verge will be $19.99 on the Switch eShop, same as other digital versions

Cerium

I believe this is the first confirmation of digital pricing.

kowUoHv.png

The Multiverse Edition on Switch is $39.99 as opposed to $29.99 on other platforms, but it comes bundled with a CD soundtrack that other platforms do not.

Shiggy

Greedy publishers with their Switch tax, right? Oh, it's the same price digitally? Maybe Switch cards are really that expensive...

That's good. I skipped it on other platforms but I might check it out on Switch. I mean it's not like Nintendo's ever going to make a 2D Metroid for it anyway.

Oregano

Greedy publishers with their Switch tax, right? Oh, it's the same price digitally? Maybe Switch cards are really that expensive...

We have a quote from a publisher who has no reason to lie in favour of Switch saying Vita cards are comparable in price to Switch cards yet the Vita version costs the same as PS4 and Wii U, and less than Switch.

Shiggy

There's a Vita version that's the same price as the others

We have a quote from a publisher who has no reason to lie in favour of Switch saying Vita cards are comparable in price to Switch cards yet the Vita version costs the same as PS4 and Wii U, and less than Switch.

Blame Nintendo for marketing the Switch as a home console then, not as a handheld.

And the dev said the Vita card is cheaper:
https://twitter.com/AxiomVerge/status/872884811341410305

sugarless

Good. The game looks legit but I have no need for posters and whatnot. Will definitely drop money for it day one on eShop!

jariw

Will double dip on the Switch eShop. Started playing this on the Wii U, but it make so much more sense for me to play this kind of game on the go.

Oregano

Publishers don't seem to treat it as a handheld anymore, thus no handheld pricing. Also, see the edit above, Vita cards seem to be cheaper.

Except they're charging over home console pricing so it's still BS.

Even with the edit that's something second hand he's saying when we have a first hand account saying pretty much the opposite.

Will double dip on the Switch eShop. Started playing this on the Wii U, but it make so much more sense for me to play this kind of game on the go.

It is is a great game for handheld, but that soundtrack and the FX mix absolutely pumps on a good home theater system or set of PC monitors.

You still get the effect with good headphones obviously, but I first played through it on the big screen and that was something I loved about it.

UqsU0v4.gif

Luckily Switch has the option either way, but just sayin'

Shiggy

So they got around the digital / physical price parity by including a CD?

There's no such parity clause, especially for smaller indie games. Retailers would just get upset if the next CoD or Zelda were cheaper on eShop. For these small games they don't seem to care much.

Not $10 more expensive. Nintendo defense force to the rescue.

That's not how pricing works. Additional costs of 1 EUR, if not eaten by the producer, will lead to a price increase of more than 1 EUR.

Vita carts are 6 years old.

And?

Except they're charging over home console pricing so it's still BS.

Even with the edit that's something second hand he's saying when we have a first hand account saying pretty much the opposite.

Here we have Badland saying it. Where did you hear that it's the same price?

Oregano

There's no such parity clause, especially for smaller indie games. Retailers would just get upset if the next CoD or Zelda were cheaper on eShop. For these small games they don't seem to care much.

That's not how pricing works. Additional costs of 1 EUR, if not eaten by the producer, will lead to a price increase of more than 1 EUR.

And?

Here we have Badland saying it. Where did you hear that it's the same price?

Not the same but comparable and it's from Limited Run Games who recently came out and said they won't be releasing Switch stuff any time soon after disagreements with Nintendo:
The prices of Vita carts and Switch carts are comparable. The problem is the bigger the file size the bigger the card so there is a substantial price increase. This would be the case for Vita if the max wasn't 4 GB.

Sorry, I can't give anything more concrete, but it's all NDA stuff. I'm sure someday someone will leak more information.

Shiggy

Not the same but comparable and it's from Limited Run Games who recently came out and said they won't be releasing Switch stuff any time soon after disagreements with Nintendo:

Hadn't seen that yet, though those news are quite a bummer.

And Shiggy claimed yet another thread.

Can't help it when there's just conspiracy GAF coming out. But no, THQ Nordic, Telltale, Badland, Deep Silver, and Greybox are all collaborating to rip off Switch users. :)

Top Bottom