• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Azure Striker Gunvolt |OT| thunderbolts and lightning, very very frightening

john tv

For a tiny (but awesome) company like Inti Creates to put a game like this out in any language other than Japanese is a HUGE deal. It's not easy, and it is not cheap. :) Everyone would've loved to do a full, high-quality English dub, but if it comes down to Good voices, Shit voices, or No voices, and Good voices are not possible within the game's budget, then No voices is definitely the way to go. And that's what happened.

I can't really comment on including Japanese voices in the story scenes or not since that was an Inti decision (I do agree with duckroll though that it would've been weird since the script was naturally localized), but at the end of the day, the game actually managed to come out in English, which is a major feat on its own, and I hope people will give it a try and support this kind of thing, because we need to see more independent Japanese devs stepping up to try and do their own thing outside the confines of giant corporate publishers.

(I do agree with duckroll though that it would've been weird since the script was naturally localized)

Makes no difference. People who don't know Japanese won't know it's different, people who know will understand the differences. I'm used to watching lots of subtitled stuff and I don't mind any localization changes. But having the voices even in another language makes the game and dialogues more colorful, at least to me.

Unfortunately, no.

Not the answer I hoped for but the answer I expected. Questioning my potential purchase now. Not a fan of forced touch elements, especially in action based games. Having to remove my hand from the buttons mid-game to grab the stylus and touch the screen to activate skills is far from optimal. Thanks for the answer!

zroid

Banned
From what I've heard, it's gonna be Midnight EDT/9PM PDT, but I can't confirm this.

Traditionally only Nintendo-published retail games go up at midnight (incidentally Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright is doing just that at this very moment).

If you're right though, it'd make me pretty happy since I will have no opportunity to download this until Saturday evening otherwise.

Traditionally only Nintendo-published retail games go up at midnight (incidentally Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright is doing just that at this very moment).

If you're right though, it'd make me pretty happy since I will have no opportunity to download this until Saturday evening otherwise.

Yeah. Almost five minutes and nothing opening for this game yet. So I was mistaken.

duckroll

That'd be my guess. It was 15.99 for me too, and I'm also in Canada. I think it's somewhat common; Shovel Knight was the same price, and if I recall that's listed as 14.99 everywhere online.

Ah, I didn't notice because I was a backer so I just redeemed it on the eShop. Anyway, downloading. :p

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
So after downloading the game, it gives you a redemption code to download the 8 bit game, which you can either use there (or possibly give it to someone else?). Either way this was the game I was most looking forward too >:)

So after downloading the game, it gives you a redemption code to download the 8 bit game, which you can either use there (or possibly give it to someone else?). Either way this was the game I was most looking forward too >:)

I didn't even notice the code and quickly pressed next through the confirmations. Thankfully the code is also included the account activity receipt on the e-shop and I just downloaded it now. Honestly, I've been looking forward more to the 8-bit inspired game as well.

Fireblend

Banned
I'll download this as soon as I get home. Can't wait! Can someone comment on the length of the game, though? I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere.

Is it comparable to MMZ in terms of length?

Top Bottom