• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

B. Johnson to suspend parliament, to prevent it from stopping hard brexit

Acidizer

Jun 7, 2018
The BJ had any balls, he'd govern using the normal channels. His "charm" doesn't work in serious grown up situations. No one is laughing at his buffoonery, hence he isn't in control and throws tantrums.

Parliament already passed a bill saying no-deal is now allowed so why is he wasting everyone's time?

He has got that gollum cuck Dominic Cummings sneaking behind everyone's backs trying to circumnavigate the law and parliament because he can't govern.

Acidizer

Jun 7, 2018
lol Boris has balls. If he travelled north of the border without protection he'd get his teeth kicked in within seconds.

He has another man raising one of his babies - in their name - sorry but that is not a man!

Acidizer

Jun 7, 2018
..that says more about Scotland than it does Johnson.
No, fannies just aren't tolerated up here like they are down there. BJ had to scurry out the back door like a rat to avoid further boo's when he was up here meeting Sturgeon. So pathetic that is what you call a hero.

The guy can't look after one of his kids - so he can't look after the country.

GamingKaiju

Oct 24, 2014
If there is an indyref2 I hope the English can vote in it.
Yep if the Scots want independence then give the question to the English I know quite a few people that are sick of hearing the Scots bang on about Indy and would gladly kick them out.

Lol Acidizer Acidizer saying stuff like that only makes you look worse. I don’t like Ian Blackford but I wouldn’t say he would get his teeth kicked in. Pathetic and childish take your ass back to the play ground.

MilkyJoe

Jan 29, 2014
Parliament already passed a bill saying no-deal is now allowed so why is he wasting everyone's time?
Because he knows he's got the next election in the bag, when he wins that he can remove the bill and then leave without a deal. Europe doesn't want that, Boris doesn't want that, so I wager EU will give him a deal, they said they won't continue with the extensions so if it's not a deal this time, it'll have to be a deal next time, I think he's confident enough that he'll get a deal this time that he won't have to ask for an extension.

Acidizer

Jun 7, 2018
Yep if the Scots want independence then give the question to the English I know quite a few people that are sick of hearing the Scots bang on about Indy and would gladly kick them out.

Lol Acidizer Acidizer saying stuff like that only makes you look worse. I don’t like Ian Blackford but I wouldn’t say he would get his teeth kicked in. Pathetic and childish take your ass back to the play ground.
No childish and pathetic is agreeing to let another man raise your child that you refuse to acknowledge... actually that's way past childish and pathetic. Who cares how I look, look at our fucking PM. This guy is not a man. Sacked twice for lying, now caught out lying to the Queen. Trying every underhanded sneaky tactic to rule but keeps failing.

GamingKaiju

Oct 24, 2014
Because he knows he's got the next election in the bag, when he wins that he can remove the bill and then leave without a deal. Europe doesn't want that, Boris doesn't want that, so I wager EU will give him a deal, they said they won't continue with the extensions so if it's not a deal this time, it'll have to be a deal next time, I think he's confident enough that he'll get a deal this time that he won't have to ask for an extension.
Exactly. No more extensions but everyone wants a deal because IT IS in everyone’s interest not to screw this up so a deal can be reached. If Parliament had stop messing around and just starting working with the Government this would be over by now instead it’s cost us an extra £6 billion just appease the remainers.

No childish and pathetic is agreeing to let another man raise your child that you refuse to acknowledge... actually that's way past childish and pathetic. Who cares how I look, look at our fucking PM. This guy is not a man. Sacked twice for lying, now caught out lying to the Queen. Trying every underhanded sneaky tactic to rule but keeps failing.
I’m not going to discuss his private life but to sit there and use threats of violence against politicians is fucking low dude.

Where did he lie to the queen? If you can provide evidence to this claim then we could have a discussion.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Is this the Brit version of "he grabbed her by the pussy"?

Like, I get it. It's fun to dunk on political opposition. But if we're going to go so far down that road as to draw conclusions about a person's leadership ability based on familial situations... well... royal family lol

Reactions: Sleepydays

Ellis

Dec 3, 2018
London, UK
No, fannies just aren't tolerated up here like they are down there. BJ had to scurry out the back door like a rat to avoid further boo's when he was up here meeting Sturgeon. So pathetic that is what you call a hero.

The guy can't look after one of his kids - so he can't look after the country.
The fannies down here put food in your mouth, and the five million others you have up there with you.

Acidizer

Jun 7, 2018
Is this the Brit version of "he grabbed her by the pussy"?

Like, I get it. It's fun to dunk on political opposition. But if we're going to go so far down that road as to draw conclusions about a person's leadership ability based on familial situations... well... royal family lol
I am highlighting this guys morals - the guy in charge of the country. Would you be proud to call this "man" your dad, or even an extended family member? I hope not. Of course, like Trump, this stuff doesn't stick to him cause he isn't a real politician. Like Trump he's a novelty act.

He honestly thinks he's above the law. "Boris just being Boris", what an elitist entitled piece of shit.

Last edited:

MilkyJoe

Jan 29, 2014
I am highlighting this guys morals - the guy in charge of the country. Would you be proud to call this "man" your dad, or even an extended family member? I hope not. Of course, like Trump, this stuff doesn't stick to him cause he isn't a real politician. Like Trump he's a novelty act.

He honestly thinks he's above the law. "Boris just being Boris", what an elitist entitled piece of shit.
Have a day off.

Acidizer

Jun 7, 2018
I'd say the only toys flying from prams are the ones you're throwing, given you seem to mostly debate through the medium of insults.
Where were the insults? Facts only. Boris is an entitled POS, not contested by anyone - sacked twice for lying, not contested. If you are insulted by the fact Boris has a bastard child that he refuses to acknowledge and was OK with another man raising it - then that is your problem. I see everyone trying to sweep that under the rug so your hero doesn't look bad.

Also, not Welsh.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
I am highlighting this guys morals - the guy in charge of the country. Would you be proud to call this "man" your dad, or even an extended family member? I hope not.
Sorry, but there's a thick line between my personal morals (which would be mocked and called very conservative on GAF) and what I expect out of politicians. When considering a candidate, "would I be proud to call this person my dad?" doesn't even cross my mind. I don't really have a clue where you're coming from on that one and can only assume you are making an emotional appeal instead of a logical one.

Of course, like Trump, this stuff doesn't stick to him cause he isn't a real politician. Like Trump he's a novelty act.
Yes, please tell me more about how Boris and Trump are the only politicians to whom things do not stick. Tell me more about how their indiscretions are so much worse than other politicians. Write it all down, print it out, and throw it into the bin because it doesn't matter. We're talking about politicians, not missionaries.

I mean, your royalty has been riddled with pedophiles (most recently, Prince Andrew's connections to Epstein) and yet you get pissy when a floof-hair comes into the UK branch of the Temple of European Union and flips over some of the moneychangers' tables. I don't really think the vitriol toward Boris has been considered and weighed very carefully...

Indeed, tell me how Boris stands above it all like an elitist while the rest of your elected officials serve the people with humility and straighforward motives. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Acidizer

Jun 7, 2018
Sorry, but there's a thick line between my personal morals (which would be mocked and called very conservative on GAF) and what I expect out of politicians. When considering a candidate, "would I be proud to call this person my dad?" doesn't even cross my mind. I don't really have a clue where you're coming from on that one and can only assume you are making an emotional appeal instead of a logical one.

Yes, please tell me more about how Boris and Trump are the only politicians to whom things do not stick. Tell me more about how their indiscretions are so much worse than other politicians. Write it all down, print it out, and throw it into the bin because it doesn't matter. We're talking about politicians, not missionaries.

I mean, your royalty has been riddled with pedophiles (most recently, Prince Andrew's connections to Epstein) and yet you get pissy when a floof-hair comes into the UK branch of the Temple of European Union and flips over some of the moneychangers' tables. I don't really think the vitriol toward Boris has been considered and weighed very carefully...

Indeed, tell me how Boris stands above it all like an elitist while the rest of your elected officials serve the people with humility and straighforward motives. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
They aren't "my" royalty. If there are any paedo's, royalty included, they should be castrated and jailed for life - if not stoned to death.

Boris' character is relevant, maybe not for you, but we as a country shouldn't be appointing scumbags to the office of Prime Minister. It is a very bad reflection on the country. Like Trump isn't doing the US any favours. Trumps hasn't achieved shit in his time in office, and Boris has had record defeats in the house already and disgraced the position.

There are decent politicians on all sides - Boris just isn't one of them. If he treats his actual child with contempt, what chance has the rest of us got??

hariseldon

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2018
Where were the insults? Facts only. Boris is an entitled POS, not contested by anyone - sacked twice for lying, not contested. If you are insulted by the fact Boris has a bastard child that he refuses to acknowledge and was OK with another man raising it - then that is your problem. I see everyone trying to sweep that under the rug so your hero doesn't look bad.

Also, not Welsh.
Your constant insulting of the English isn't insulting then? Ok. Only a Welshman would hate the English this much, unaware that the English are mostly indifferent to them. So keep away from those sheep boyo.

hariseldon

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2018
Entitled isn't strong enough! A new adjective is needed.
I once had to listen to a 1h rant because the old hag went for a walk and found a store where one of employees barely spoke English!
The British are sadly hopeless abroad, always in search of a British dinner, not wanting to eat that foreign muck. I do my best to represent in a more positive light (while living abroad I lived among the locals instead of in the westerner's little enclave and ate local food, did my best with the lingo but honestly tonal languages are fucking hard). Sorry we're all shit though - if it helps most of us are just embarrassed by them.

MilkyJoe

Jan 29, 2014
The British are sadly hopeless abroad, always in search of a British dinner, not wanting to eat that foreign muck. I do my best to represent in a more positive light (while living abroad I lived among the locals instead of in the westerner's little enclave and ate local food, did my best with the lingo but honestly tonal languages are fucking hard). Sorry we're all shit though - if it helps most of us are just embarrassed by them.
That's the poor from most countries. Germans and Russians are the same, but the Russians refuse to queue. And don't get me started on the Canadians, eh? I

llien

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2017
South Korea ? Another great example, they went from rags to riches in less than 40 years.
Germany? Another great example, went from ashes to riches.
War torn UK, oh, hold on...

I cannot seriously discuss the "let me pick up something and prove that it is the most important factor in country's development", uh, no, you can't.

And yet we are discussing if UK one of the oldest nations with best trade network won't be able to fly around and improve outside of EU.
A strawman.

What is being discussed is that somehow UK will somehow be able to grow FASTER by limiting the options it has.
Which is a hilarious argument, I'll give you that.

Reactions: Yoshi

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
They aren't "my" royalty. If there are any paedo's, royalty included, they should be castrated and jailed for life - if not stoned to death.

Boris' character is relevant, maybe not for you, but we as a country shouldn't be appointing scumbags to the office of Prime Minister.
Define "scumbags", because typically there are laws and standards in place to decide the criteria for who can (and cannot) be elected to an office. One might clutch pearls vigorously upon learning that even convicted felons can serve in office... until you reflect and realize that the force of law has been used to suppress free speech and free vote since time immemorial. Therefore, it makes sense to allow the "scumbags" to run for office since the alternative is nightmare authoritarian rule.

If Boris's family issues is such a disgrace, then I reject your sidestep of the royal family. I thought public figures who reflect badly on the country was a concern of yours.

It is a very bad reflection on the country. Like Trump isn't doing the US any favours. Trumps hasn't achieved shit in his time in office, and Boris has had record defeats in the house already and disgraced the position.

There are decent politicians on all sides - Boris just isn't one of them. If he treats his actual child with contempt, what chance has the rest of us got??
I dunno. This sounds like something C-list celebrities would argue about on morning TV, not a serious framework for running a country. How many other things in your life are decided by this sort of emotion?

"A very bad reflection on the country" is highly subjective, and therefore way down on the list of things to hold a politician accountable for. You are "normalizing" and "providing a platform for" whinging mobs that want to feel nicely about their elected officials. Don't worry: we made the same mistake with Obama. It's hardly a rare phenomenon.

At some point -- when the adults keep voting your feelgood politicians out of office -- perhaps you will reprioritize.

Acidizer

Jun 7, 2018
If you are talking about "serious framework for running a country" then I'm afraid Boris Johnson shouldn't even enter the conversation. He has shut down the place for 5 weeks because he can't govern and has a creepy background adviser running the entire show. Record defeats in the house, no majority, sacked 21 MPs for daring to defy him, Tory politicians defecting to Lib Dems. Pact with Nigel Farage looming. He is a disaster.

I am not a proponent of the Royals - they can fuck off for all I care, alongside BJ. They are a decorative ornament.

llien

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2017
He's offered to have a General Election twice, the other parties were too chicken to accept.
His promises mean little to nothing, hence he was offered General Election once he postpones the crash out date.

Note one doesn't have to wait until <whatever date is agreed> to actually crash out, once one has won the elections.

Last edited:

Dr.D00p

May 23, 2019
His promises mean little to nothing, hence he was offered General Election once he postpones the crash out date.

Note one doesn't have to wait until <whatever date is agreed> to actually crash out, once one has won the elections.

ZZZzzz...

Can we not follow BJ's lead just prorogue this thread (😀) for the next 5wks, as nothing concrete or of real interest is really going to happen until Parliament re-opens, unless in the (unlikely) event Johnson announces a deal has been done.

Until then it will just be endless people on both sides venting white noise.

..anyway, I'm done with this thread regardless.

Reactions: Hayfield

Sleepydays

Sep 12, 2017
If you are talking about "serious framework for running a country" then I'm afraid Boris Johnson shouldn't even enter the conversation. He has shut down the place for 5 weeks because he can't govern and has a creepy background adviser running the entire show. Record defeats in the house, no majority, sacked 21 MPs for daring to defy him, Tory politicians defecting to Lib Dems. Pact with Nigel Farage looming. He is a disaster.

I am not a proponent of the Royals - they can fuck off for all I care, alongside BJ. They are a decorative ornament.
Who is your squeaky-clean Prime Minister of choice? If it's Sturgeon, holy shitski...

Acidizer

Jun 7, 2018
They don't need to be squeaky clean, just not a fucking imbecile if possible.

Sturgeon is 1000 times the politician Boris will ever be. She understands what she is talking about and speaks clearly without double speak or intentional obfuscation. She labelled Boris a charlatan in no uncertain terms knowing she had a face to face meeting with him shortly after. All Boris can do is murmur and fidget in the background like an Alzheimer's patient when people debunk him and offer generalities like the need for "hope" and "optimism". Terrible.

Sleepydays

Sep 12, 2017
As someone who grew up in Scotland, I couldn't disagree more with the idea Sturgeon 'understands what she is talking about' or 'speaks clearly'. She couldn't answer basic questions about a post-Union Scotland or its place in the EU, which is the raison d'etre of the SNP. She certainly wasn't speaking clearly when she said the Independence vote was a 'once in a generation' thing: she's pushed for another since the day after it was soundly rejected.

I know nothing about her personal conduct. I do know she covered for her sexually predatory predecessor:

That concerns me much more than Boris' private life.

Do we want to talk about how her party are running cover for pedophiles, by commissioning a Child Abuse investigation that didn't include the Catholic Church or Sporting Institutions, in the midst of one of Scotland's football clubs being shown to have knowingly operated a pedo ring? You would laugh if it wasn't so disgraceful.

offer generalities like the need for "hope" and "optimism".
Jesus man....you do know 'Hope over Fear' was the go-to response the Independence campaign when asked any practical questions?

Last edited:

MilkyJoe

Jan 29, 2014
They HD the Dover port manager call LBC and say there's not going to be queues at ports as they have 6 months to get the paperwork in and can just sail through, he said that's WTO rules 😂

funkygunther

Dec 22, 2018
They HD the Dover port manager call LBC and say there's not going to be queues at ports as they have 6 months to get the paperwork in and can just sail through, he said that's WTO rules 😂
The queues are for exports because they are there for those that arent "border ready" as per the phone call. Now, if you have 6 months to declare your imports you can easily make a scaremongering campaign about what you can bring in for 6 months and then bankrupt the exporting company after you get found out at which point it's too late to make a difference to those consuming those goods.

Acidizer

Jun 7, 2018
I can't wait to quote a whole bunch of those posts when the Supreme Court overturns the decision. It's gonna be delish 👌
Pretty sad you think this, a bit fanboyish really, the ruling should be the ruling - noone should be rooting one way or another.

The English courts didn't actually look into it because they said it wasn't a matter for the courts - it was a political matter, not a legal matter. If they had looked at the same evidence as the Scottish courts, they'd have come to the same conclusion. It was pretty unequivocal.

Need to give Boris some points here for not claiming bias like some of his lackeys, maybe he has some respect - though he did say "The high court in England plainly agrees with us", which isn't exactly true. It is down to whether or not it is a political matter or a legal matter.

Boris lied about the reasons for prorogation, we all know it, his supporters know it, the court that actually investigated it found evidence of it. But that isn't the issue at hand here and not what will be argued at the supreme court.

Last edited:
  • LOL

MilkyJoe

Jan 29, 2014
Pretty sad you think this, a bit fanboyish really, the ruling should be the ruling - noone should be rooting one way or another.

The English courts didn't actually look into it because they said it wasn't a matter for the courts - it was a political matter, not a legal matter. If they had looked at the same evidence as the Scottish courts, they'd have come to the same conclusion. It was pretty unequivocal.

Need to give Boris some points here for not claiming bias like some of his lackeys, maybe he has some respect - though he did say "The high court in England plainly agrees with us", which isn't exactly true. It is down to whether or not it is a political matter or a legal matter.

Boris lied about the reasons for prorogation, we all know it, his supporters know it, the court that actually investigated it found evidence of it. But that isn't the issue at hand here and not what will be argued at the supreme court.
Yes the British courts already said it's not a legal thing as did a Scottish judge, then these penile columns deem it illegal, without a hearing, in 3 minutes and everyone is supposed to take it as gospil? 😂

Last edited:

Acidizer

Jun 7, 2018
It has been ruled illegal based on evidence, unanimously by three judges. I'm sure you have seen the evidence and have more legal qualifications than these judges.

What the supreme court will determine is whether it is a legal matter or not. If it is, Boris is fucked.

I'm sure even you understand the law is not black and white and that there was no precedent for this.

Last edited:

MilkyJoe

Jan 29, 2014
It has been ruled illegal based on evidence, unanimously by three judges. I'm sure you have seen the evidence and have more legal qualifications than these judges.

What the supreme court will determine is whether it is a legal matter or not. If it is, Boris is fucked.

I'm sure even you understand the law is not black and white and that there was no precedent for this.
Again, a free minute judgement, by without a hearing, it'll be overturned and even if it's not, nothing will happen.

funkygunther

Dec 22, 2018
Whatever it may be. Is that somehow meant to diminish the ruling if it doesn't go in Boris' favour?
What do you mean "whatever it may be"? It will be four days because that's the extra period over the agreed conference prorogation...if the desired outcome is only about re-opening parliament for four days, and not for example the arrest of Boris, then this whole process is a waste of time indeed

Last edited: