• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

B. Johnson to suspend parliament, to prevent it from stopping hard brexit

Acidizer

Jun 7, 2018
It would help if the guy in charge would stop pretending to negotiate and actually negotiate. I think he will be forced to do that though or face jail (supposedly) or having to resign from his dream job.

This Irish guy gets it. BoJo reduced to parroting the same old dumb phrases that seem to be more effective in the houses of parliment than against random punters in the street. The old dude is a smiling assassin "please leave my town" :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Shad0w59 and llien

GamingKaiju

Oct 24, 2014
Welp unless Boris defy’s parliament I don’t see Brexit happening now. Total and utter BS this whole thing this has been. If parliament had stop messing around and get on with it we could have been out by now.

My trust in our democracy has gone, why even bother voting if they ain’t going to enact what the people asked for.

Acidizer

Jun 7, 2018
Amazing to think this is the political priority on peoples minds when 4 years ago no-one gave a single fuck about our EU membership.

Last edited:

llien

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2017
Whoa, didn't know BBC news videos were embeddable. Savage!

No wonder the UK can't get out: their own politicians do everything in their power to neuter the UK's ability to negotiate.

UK: "No, no, those are bad terms for a deal"
EU: "Hahah as if you're allowed to leave without a deal anyway..."
It's more nuanced than.
BoJo's minority government has 2 options:
1) Get a deal
2) Postpone the deal (which might be refused by the other side, by the way) to hold General Elections, then, whoever wins decides what to do.

Which, in my humble opinion, is a fair play.
If BoJo indeed has support of the people, he will win and can crash out at will.
But then, if he doesn't win the election, he should just shut the hell up and let others decide what is the right way.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Whoa, didn't know BBC news videos were embeddable. Savage!

It's more nuanced than.
BoJo's minority government has 2 options:
1) Get a deal
2) Postpone the deal (which might be refused by the other side, by the way) to hold General Elections, then, whoever wins decides what to do.

Which, in my humble opinion, is a fair play.
If BoJo indeed has support of the people, he will win and can crash out at will.
But then, if he doesn't win the election, he should just shut the hell up and let others decide what is the right way.
I'm not lauding the alternative, either. I don't think there are any perfect solutions moving forward, but that doesn't mean delaying and subverting it is acceptable, either. It's kind of sick when an elected body of officials is handing away its own country's sovereignty and negotiating leverage in an ongoing situation. They may wish to force it to a general election, but then it's another dice-roll at the expense of the British populace. The British government is quite obviously in disarray, subverting itself at every turn. And yet this is what you are presenting to the other EU countries? This is your negotiating face?

llien

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2017
I'm not lauding the alternative, either. I don't think there are any perfect solutions moving forward, but that doesn't mean delaying and subverting it is acceptable, either. It's kind of sick when an elected body of officials is handing away its own country's sovereignty and negotiating leverage in an ongoing situation. They may wish to force it to a general election, but then it's another dice-roll at the expense of the British populace. The British government is quite obviously in disarray, subverting itself at every turn. And yet this is what you are presenting to the other EU countries? This is your negotiating face?
I think we are overlooking the elephant in the room: BoJo's actions that actually sparked all this.

BoJo trieds:
1) To effectively shut down the parliament, so he can feel loose during "negotiations"
2) To influence fellow MPs against voting against him in the parliament by throwing them out of the party (I find it crazy that this is even possible, but regardless, it is beyond cynical given that he, himself, voted against Brexit deal back in February)
No wonder, nobody trust him on not misusing the GE timings to crash out of EU.

People do blame it on the parliament, but if parties voted into it cannot agree on any version of the deal, who's fault it is?

And another important point, that BoJo is "merely trying to deliver Brexit, no matter what, just get out already" - LIES. He clearly did not go "let's just get out, no matter what" route, early this year. Back then, it was reasonable for him to postpone the brexit, in attempt (!!!), no guarantee, to get a better deal. So "oh, I just want this to end" is BS, shut the fuck up, Boris, when you don't get what you want, you are more than fine to postpone the deal.

And last, but not least, the "OMG, I cannot leverage crashing out in talks now", uh, seriously? Which talks? There is absolutely NOTHING going on. There is absolutely no sign of EU chickening out of this situation, ports naturally have customs setup, major increase of the workload on them will happen on UK site, obviously, Ireland has already announced what actions will be taken along its border and preparations for "crash out" are under way.

That's conspiracy LVL 99. Have you been watching too much Russia Today lately?

Last edited:

Vow

Dec 19, 2018
That's conspiracy LVL 99. Have you been watching too much Russia Today lately?
So the idea that electoral fraud exists is conspiracy level 99? You're either naive or being disingenuous.

Last Thursday’s by-election saw Labour’s Lisa Forbes win the seat by 683 votes ahead of the Brexit Party’s Mike Greene. However, the Conservative deputy leader of Peterborough City Council, Cllr Wayne Fitzgerald, has alleged there was “harvesting” of postal votes, while the Tories have highlighted the involvement in the campaign of Labour activist Tariq Mahmood who was jailed in 2008 for postal vote interference.

Mr Mahmood was pictured with Ms Forbes and Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn during the campaign and was also present at the election count - just as he has been at previous elections.
See also: http://vote-watch.co.uk/labours-lisa-forbes-is-a-liar-more-shocking-proof-emerges-of-pboro-scandal/

A LARGE collection of images has emerged proving beyond doubt that multiple Labour Councillors and politicians in Peterborough have used convicted electoral fraudster Tariq Mahmood on their campaign teams, including recently-elected MP Lisa Forbes – despite her lying to the press that he had no involvement.

In a recent interview with local newspaper The Peterborough Telegraph, Forbes denied completely that Tariq Mahmood, who was sent to prison in 2008 for helping to rig an election for the Labour Party in Peterborough, ever campaigned for her – even insinuating that she did not know who he was.
Labour had to run another candidate as the previous one was convicted of perverting the course of justice.

Here's another:

An east London mayor has been removed from office and a poll declared void after he was found guilty of electoral fraud.

An Election Commissioner concluded Tower Hamlets mayor Lutfur Rahman breached election rules and must vacate his post immediately.

Four voters alleged he used "corrupt and illegal practices" in last year's election, which must now be re-run.
Just think how many people have been gaslit into thinking Brexit is some kind of fascist movement. Would you be honest if you were counting the votes of a movement you thought was fascist?

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: V4skunk and Kazza
Mar 14, 2018

this would be a nuclear option

But, it's justified. The way the 'anti-no deal' bill works is to effectively replace the executive with Parliament

By his own logic on the previous (Cooper/Letwin) bill, the speaker should have struck this one down. He didn't, because he's a remainer. Unfortunately, no matter how wrong the speaker is, they can't be challenged in Court. But it does mean Boris is justified to 'nope' this one

Last edited:
Reactions: autoduelist

Vow

Dec 19, 2018
I don't think this is a good way to go. I think it would be better if Johnson falls on his sword and resigns, thus triggering a general election in which he stands as candidate again, to renew the mandate or not. Pulling a move like that would cause civil unrest and cause more uproar from Remainers who would scream coup at the top of their lungs, even if it's the Queen who basically exercises her Royal Prerogative. They'll be huge cries for abolition of monarchy etc.

Hmm. I wonder if that is part of the plan. It would basically mean it would be Remainers vs the Queen at that stage. Which is not really a good position to be in. There'd have to be another election after that which would effectively be a mandate after the fact and then settle it.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: autoduelist

llien

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2017
The queen. A parliament. A prime minister.
You forgot https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Lords

Just think how many people have been gaslit into thinking Brexit is some kind of fascist movement.
Only very small portion of brexiters are "fascist", but all UK fascists certainly are brexiters.

May's deal was treason. If the EU won't offer anything better, the only way to honor the referendum is no-deal.
"Just offer something better" is a great starter for talks, chuckle.
Anyway, how different is today's situation, from what we had earlier this year, and, cough, twice?

GamingKaiju

Oct 24, 2014
Parliament's. They need to stfu and do what they're told.

May's deal was treason. If the EU won't offer anything better, the only way to honor the referendum is no-deal.
May’s deal without the backstop isn’t that bad and she got a lot of concessions from the EU. Ok so we have ECJ over sight for 8 years but a lot of it isn’t that bad. Out of the common agriculture and fisheries, control over own boarders at the end of the transition period, out of the SM and customs union out of all sorts of EU institutions.

It provides the UK economy with a shock absorber. I honestly just don’t know what people were expecting from the negotiations.

The problem is parliament can’t decide on what it wants.

No to Mays deal
No to Single Market
No to Customs Union
No to a second referendum
No to No Deal
No to Norway
No to EEA
No to common market 2.0

🤷‍♂️

The opposition doesn’t even know what it wants. Labour want a unicorn Brexit then will actively campaign against their own deal during a second public ballot. What a load of shit heads Labour have become.

The ball is in the EU courts now. Remove the backstop and things can start moving.

Last edited:

llien

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2017
As entertaining as watching UK politics is, frustration is on the other side as well.
Macron was the most vocal about it:

#DeGaulleWasRight
#SoWasMacron

France argued that a long delay risked serious damage to the EU, an outcome Paris said was worse than no-deal. “We do not want to import Britain’s political crisis into the EU,” said an Élysée official.
The French source said no-deal could not be ruled out, arguing that damaging the running of the EU was the worst possible outcome. “The default position is no deal. Endangering the functioning of the EU is not preferable to no-deal.”

Macron was the reason it was prolonged to 31th of Oct and not Dec.

Reactions: MilkyJoe

hariseldon

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2018
May’s deal without the backstop isn’t that bad and she got a lot of concessions from the EU. Ok so we have ECJ over sight for 8 years but a lot of it isn’t that bad. Out of the common agriculture and fisheries, control over own boarders at the end of the transition period, out of the SM and customs union out of all sorts of EU institutions.

It provides the UK economy with a shock absorber. I honestly just don’t know what people were expecting from the negotiations.

The problem is parliament can’t decide on what it wants.

No to Mays deal
No to Single Market
No to Customs Union
No to a second referendum
No to No Deal
No to Norway
No to EEA
No to common market 2.0

🤷‍♂️

The opposition doesn’t even know what it wants. Labour want a unicorn Brexit then will actively campaign against their own deal during a second public ballot. What a load of shit heads Labour have become.

The ball is in the EU courts now. Remove the backstop and things can start moving.
The backstop ties us permanently to the EU, and separates Northern Ireland from the rest of the UK, so it was never an option. I agree on Parliament though, they have no idea what they want, just that they don't want everything, and will cripple the ability of any government to actually govern. Treasonous bastards keeping us in limbo.

GamingKaiju

Oct 24, 2014
The backstop ties us permanently to the EU, and separates Northern Ireland from the rest of the UK, so it was never an option. I agree on Parliament though, they have no idea what they want, just that they don't want everything, and will cripple the ability of any government to actually govern. Treasonous bastards keeping us in limbo.
I agree

The backstop is a terrible bit of legislation and will definitely keep us in a transitional period indefinitely. Can’t even believe it was suggested why would a Country vote to essentially break its self apart!? Micheal Barnier really got us there.

Google: olly robbins and the triple locks and you’ll see how fucking bad it is.

The deal without the backstop isn’t that bad, but if parliament had voted overwhelmingly for the Malthouse Compromise then it could have given us more leverage to go back to Brussels to get them to remove it but Corbyn playing his political games has diminished our negotiation leverage and is leaving us in limbo which is going to cost us more then actually Brexiting.

hariseldon

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2018
I agree

The backstop is a terrible bit of legislation and will definitely keep us in a transitional period indefinitely. Can’t even believe it was suggested why would a Country vote to essentially break its self apart!? Micheal Barnier really got us there.

Google: olly robbins and the triple locks and you’ll see how fucking bad it is.

The deal without the backstop isn’t that bad, but if parliament had voted overwhelmingly for the Malthouse Compromise then it could have given us more leverage to go back to Brussels to get them to remove it but Corbyn playing his political games has diminished our negotiation leverage and is leaving us in limbo which is going to cost us more then actually Brexiting.
Yeah Corbyn's been a complete fuck-up. Tbh I honestly can't vote for him. I'm a life-long Labour voter but I've got to hold my nose and vote Tory/Brexit Party next election, though that is helped by Boris having some fairly left-wing policies in terms of reversing austerity etc.

GamingKaiju

Oct 24, 2014
Yeah Corbyn's been a complete fuck-up. Tbh I honestly can't vote for him. I'm a life-long Labour voter but I've got to hold my nose and vote Tory/Brexit Party next election, though that is helped by Boris having some fairly left-wing policies in terms of reversing austerity etc.
Yep same here. Life long Labour voter here and was a member for a good 5 years. I've left Labour now and can't vote for Corbyn. I'll go into that voting booth with a clothes peg on my nose and gloves on my hands and vote for the fucking tories I can't even believe I'm considering this, I fucking hate the Conservatives but Boris has got some good policies and is pro-uk something that I think is missing from Parliament atm.

Last edited:

Acidizer

Jun 7, 2018
Boris is a con man in every sense of the word. Amazing people can't see this.

He's going to hire the exact same amount of cops that the Tories slashed them by, only now because he wants to look good for an election.

Dec 25, 2018
Manchester, England
This has exposed all the Parties I had traditionally believed in and shockingly I do want Johnson to just get it over with.

The MPs who are for Remain want to stay in is because they get paid loads of money to pass small EU laws that may have nothing to do with them.

I loathe the Conservatices, but given they are the only ones going with the Democratic Vote, and the others using every single opportunity to delay or suspend Brexit because they didn't get what they wanted, suspending parliment seems to be the only way to get these idiots to acceot the fact that we eiyher leave with or without a deal.

Now I have nothing against my fellow Brits and Europeans, but being bullied into staying in when the majority saidto leave is more undemocratic than of the vote was to remain.

Soon you will have Trump being unable to do what he wants because Democratics didn't like his ideas. Debate them or provide alternatives but he gets the final say.

I am a Green Voter, but I may have to vote Conservatives if we have to leave by October 31st, Labour/Libs/Greens are not being very fair and trying to co-operate with the Tories about Brexit at all. Accept that we are leaving and offer solutions rather than voting against ANY suggestion that the Tories offered last year you idiots.

Last edited:

Vow

Dec 19, 2018
llien llien .

As you have not responded to my information dump on electoral fraud I'll take it that you concede that calling my concerns conspiracy level 99 was not really grounded in reality.

Only very small portion of brexiters are "fascist", but all UK fascists certainly are brexiters.
Absolutely not true I'm afraid. The EU is a paragon of fascism, going by its definition by Mussolini : "Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power". Corporations lobby Brussels directly. It is swimming in corporate money: https://corporateeurope.org/en

You also might be surprised that the EU was based on a blueprint cooked up by the Nazis as covered here here:

The plans for this essentially fascist process were laid and carried out by, among others, many leading Nazis and Fascists after the second world war, and realized in the European Union today. The fact that many naïve constructors of today’s Europe had good intentions does not mitigate the fact that they have summoned up the hated regimes of the fascist past and created structures built on the ashes of democratic nationhood, all of which coincides with the plans of the very Euroepan fascists they thought they were expunging.

Now that their hitherto secret aim of turning the democratic nation-states of Europe into a gigantic corporatist empire is imminent, the new dictators have grown bold. Now they can act as if the voters do not exist, for they know the voters have no power. Although the European Constitution was thrown out comprehensively by the people of France and the Netherlands, it has been reintroduced in the form of the so-called Lisbon Treaty, and EU governments have been intimidated into avoiding referenda of their peoples. Having blocked such referenda, the European Commission had the unmitigated gall to launch a new initiative under the heading “Debate Europe: Giving Citizens a Voice.” Ninety-five percent of the member states of the European Union denied their peoples the right to vote on the massive loss of democratic rights in the Lisbon Treaty. No wonder that according to Eurobarometer tests of public opinion, only 50% of the people of the European Union now support the European Union at all. Even more disgracefully, the Irish may have changed their minds on Lisbon because they were frightened by the collapse of their economy. How ironic, because that collapse was due to German financial exploitation of their banks and because Irish membership of the Euro prevented them from controlling their own exchange rate and interest rates in a recession. The Lisbon Treaty establishes a new legal country to which EU member states are subservient. It makes future constitutional change possible even without consulting them. It removes the EU’s founding principle of free and undistorted trade. It both bans and then reintroduces the death penalty for riots and upheavals, permits the restrictions of rights and freedoms to serve the interests of the European Union, and allows EU armed forces to enter any country. The Irish, destroyed by the Euro and under intolerable pressure, voted yes to all that. The European Union now knows that all they have to do to finish off the constitutions of EU member states is to finish off their economies first. And frightened voters will then kowtow.
And here's some interesting info on Kenneth Clarke:

Kenneth Clarke, the former Conservative Home Secretary and Chancellor of the Exchequer. It was Kenneth Clarke who as a young student in the Cambridge University Conservative Association invited Oswald Mosley, the leader of the British Union of Fascists to speak. And the young Michael Howard, who became leader of the Conservative Party, resigned from the association in protest. Many political and corporate beliefs unite a Euro-fanatic anti-democrat like Kenneth Clarke and the former leader of the British Union of fascists Oswald Mosley, so perhaps the invitation was not surprising. Mosley had said, “At a moment of supreme crisis the will to [unite] a nation can arise everywhere from the soil of Europe like a primeval fire. First must come the idea.” There is little difference between that which Oswald Mosley as an individual and the 1962 fascist National Party of Europe set out. An idea which Kenneth Clarke, a so-called conservative of today, believes and which European treaties since 1957 have achieved. That explains why Clarke voted recently to prevent the British people having a vote on the Lisbon constitutional treaty. Although I note that he was chairman of the Conservative Party’s Democracy Task Force. To say that the European Union’s combination of modern corporatism and historic fascism may sound extraordinary, but I have laid out substantial evidence for this in my two books Europe’s Full Circle and Fascist Europe Rising, and I will provide more evidence in my forthcoming book Into the Fire. So finally you might like to guess which of these quotations of European leaders stem from the fascist 1930s and 40s and which from the heyday of the European Union’s construction in the 1980s and 90s:

“Might is right in politics and war.”
“Genocide is a natural phenomenon; it is recommended, even commanded by the Almighty.”
“Many Jews survive today thanks to the circumstance that they were forced laborers. Germans are tired of philo-Semitic overcompensation in the media and sterile grief rituals by politicians.”
“The Jews should consider whether they would have behaved heroically if they had not been victims of persecution.”
“Germany should now, as it has become peaceful and reasonable, get all that Europe and the whole world has refused in two gigantic wars, a sort of smooth hegemony over Europe.”

Well in fact ALL the above quotes are from European leaders of the 1980s and 1990s. They were, in the following order: Helmut Kohl, Chancellor of Germany; Franjo Tudjman, president of Croatia; Lutz Niethammer, adviser to German Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder; Klaus Von Dohnanya, former mayor of Hamburg; and finally Joschka Fischer, former German Foreign Secretary. No wonder, as Newsweek noted on the 6th of June 1997, that German troops who marched into [Croatia] after the breakup of Yugoslavia, were greeted with cries of “Sieg Heil!” And no wonder the Kosovo Albanians said as NATO troops marched in that they were pleased to see the fascist armies. And they meant it in complimentary fashion.
Brexit was not meant to happen in the EU. We were only meant to have the illusion of democracy that allowed for self-determination, not actually use it. That is why all support of the EU in light of the Brexit vote logically leads to authoriarianism rather than democracy, logically leads to denying or constraining people's right to choose rather than giving it to them. Because the EU is structurally fascist.

Acidizer

Jun 7, 2018
I loathe the Conservatices, but given they are the only ones going with the Democratic Vote, and the others using every single opportunity to delay or suspend Brexit because they didn't get what they wanted, suspending parliment seems to be the only way to get these idiots to acceot the fact that we eiyher leave with or without a deal.
Bear in mind SIGNIFICANT amount of Tories have consistently "blocked" progress too, for good reason, and that's why we are where we are - so your logic is way off. The Tory party took YEARS to come up with a dog shit of a deal... that isn't on Labour, SNP or Lib Dems I'm afraid.

Last edited:

Hayfield

Nov 3, 2013
Bristol, England
Democracy is dead in our country. Politicians have failed to uphold the one promise that a democracy relies on. How can I vote with any confidence in the future? If a vote goes the "wrong" way it is now proven that there is a considerable elitist minority in this country who will throw an absolute tantrum while insulting the intelligence, morals and dignity of 17 odd million people.

I just want to say to hardcore remainers. Fuck you, fuck the EU, fuck parliament, fuck Bercow, fuck the cunts being paid to protest, fuck Ireland, fuck Scotland (Wales you're cool) and fuck whatever the totalitarian shit hole that the once great England is turning into.

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: V4skunk

llien

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2017
Corporations lobby Brussels directly
Which corporation lobbied dropping mobile roaming costs?

Anyway, regardless if EU is fascist in the mentioned way, my statement about the ones I meant in traditional sense stands.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: V4skunk

Acidizer

Jun 7, 2018
If we don't get Brexit, just watch all the MPs who fucked our negotiating position miraculously land cushy jobs in the EU as commissioners or MEPs.
David Cameron landed a £0.8m pay day to write a book about his time in office. A job he failed at and had to resign from. Boris does speeches for a quarter million at a time. They are all glory hunter leeches.

Last edited:
Reactions: hariseldon

hariseldon

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2018
David Cameron landed a £0.8m pay day to write a book about his time in office. A job he failed at and had to resign from. Boris does speeches for a quarter million at a time. They are all glory hunter leeches.
Absolutely. Similarly, back in the day, Tory MPs would privatise something and then miraculously find themselves on the board of directors at the new private companies once their political careers wound down.

Vow

Dec 19, 2018
Which corporation lobbied dropping mobile roaming costs?

Anyway, regardless if EU is fascist in the mentioned way, my statement about the ones I meant in traditional sense stands.
Haha! What traditional sense!? Mussolini invented fascism! You can’t get any more traditional than that.

Nice to know that you approve of fascism now that been told what it is and that it’s the bedrock of the EU. It’s quite an astonishing pivot really, but as I previously said defending the EU always logically leads to authoritarianism.

Roaming charges can be very easily explained by the state part - any corporate power creating divisions in the fascist state would quickly be overridden by the state. In fascism nothing exists outside the state.

Reactions: Hayfield

Kazza

Oct 6, 2018
Actually, the most famous and influencial British fascist of all was very much in favour of an integrated Europe. See this article about Oswald Mosely's "Europe a Nation" idea:

Mosley first presented his idea of Europe forming a single state in his book The Alternative in 1947.[5] He argued that the traditional vision of nationalism that had been followed by the various shades of pre-war fascism had been too narrow in scope and that the post-war era required a new paradigm in which Europe would come together as a single state.[6] He rejected any notion of a federal Europe, instead calling for full integration.[7] Indeed, Mosley insisted that a supranational European state was essential to the plan.[8] The policy was presented to the wider electorate in October 1948 when Mosley called for elections to a European Assembly as the first step towards his vision.[2]

The notion also had an important geopolitical dimension as Mosley saw it as the only defence against Europe becoming the scene of the power struggles between the United States and the Soviet Union in the Cold War....

...Mosley expanded upon his ideas for a single integrated European nation state and a European government in his book Europe: Faith and Plan published in 1958.
There are a lot of echos in modern EU federalism here. A European state as a way to avoid another European war, the concern of being unable to compete with the superpowers of the time (add India and China to modern EU concerns).

For non-UK readers, Oswald Mosley was the leader of the British Union of Fascists in the 1930-40s:

Of course, let's not forget that the left-wing Labour Party was generally anti-EU (or ECC as it was then). Here's that well known fascist, Tony Blair, promising to Brexit all the way back in 1983:

Interesting to compare the leaflets the government gave sent out in the 1975 and 2016 referendums. Both promised to abide by the result. One wonders if had the 1975 one gone against the establishment like the 2016 one did, would they really have accepted the result then?

How many actual Fascists are there in the UK anyway (and I mean real fascists, not just anyone to the right of Jeremy Corbyn). 43? Being so few in number, I suppose you could ask them all. I think they are probably divided on the issue. After all, a Britain which had never joined the EU/ECC would probably have had more immigration from the Coomenwealth, and less from Europe, so would probably have ended up less white than it is today.

Last edited:

Dr.D00p

May 23, 2019
How many actual Fascists are there in the UK anyway
Well, seeing as how devalued the label has become in the social media age, anyone who doesn't vote for/support Corbyn, is automatically a fascist Nazi thesedays...so there are tens of millions.🙄

Dec 25, 2018
Manchester, England
Is pre-hard-brexit-deadline GE even a possibility at this point?
Not a clue. Probably not

Bear in mind SIGNIFICANT amount of Tories have consistently "blocked" progress too, for good reason, and that's why we are where we are - so your logic is way off. The Tory party took YEARS to come up with a dog shit of a deal... that isn't on Labour, SNP or Lib Dems I'm afraid.
Yeah the Tories are split but it seems that they are the only ones listening to the vote.

I wouldn't have any confidence in any of those parties either. Dog Shit situation for all parties involved (except the Monster Raving Looney Party).

Vow

Dec 19, 2018
Actually, the most famous and influencial British fascist of all was very much in favour of an integrated Europe.
This information must be quite hard to digest for people whose working definition of fascism means someone who doesn't like the EU.

All, please watch this.

Main points:

Preventing No Deal on 31st October presents risk to the constitution of the U.K.
EU Defence Union means that EU will take over the British Army. For more on this history behind this: https://www.ukcolumn.org/series/eu-military-unification

I don't think it is possible that it will happen to be honest, because the next General Election is basically do you want democracy or not. And I trust most people voting in a General Election will know this, and will chose democracy.

ColdToffee

Oct 24, 2017
Portugal
Regardless of leaving, staying, deal or no deal, a PM that is more worried with finding loopholes and workarounds to the law is never gonna be good for any country in the long term (even short term....).

zeorhymer

Gold Member
Nov 9, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Regardless of leaving, staying, deal or no deal, a PM that is more worried with finding loopholes and workarounds to the law is never gonna be good for any country in the long term (even short term....).
I disagree. This was supposed to be done and it's not going to be done till 2020. The PM wants to get this shit over with and I don't fault him for trying to find anything to move on.

Vow

Dec 19, 2018
The people who will be outraged about leaving when we are meant to be leaving will be outraged regardless of the timeline and regardless of the means. The people who will be pleased will be the same except they will be concerned about what the next strategy will be to basically prevent the outcome of the referendum from being acted on. Remainers don’t give a fuck what Brexiteers think.

Komatsu

Formerly 'enlyzer'
Oct 17, 2016
Between Chicago and NYC
Bercow is a grifter who once expensed a £172 bill for being chauffeur-driven to a conference just 0.7 miles from Parliament. Though I firmly believe Brexit is not that great of an idea and want Farage et caterva to sink into the ocean, at this point anything but a clean cut from the EU is a dereliction of duty. Get this over with, tear off the band-aid.

That being said, time has made it increasingly clear that most of the "innovations" brought forward by the "Coalition" were rubbish, especially the Fixed Term Parliaments act. It's ridiculous that the government will have to table a motion of no confidence in itself to be able to get an election going.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2018
This information must be quite hard to digest for people whose working definition of fascism means someone who doesn't like the EU.

All, please watch this.

Main points:

Preventing No Deal on 31st October presents risk to the constitution of the U.K.
EU Defence Union means that EU will take over the British Army. For more on this history behind this: https://www.ukcolumn.org/series/eu-military-unification

I don't think it is possible that it will happen to be honest, because the next General Election is basically do you want democracy or not. And I trust most people voting in a General Election will know this, and will chose democracy.
this is the real life version of the Starlancer loading speech

the prescient statesman warning of the evil intentions of a hostile empire. the braying, disbelieving house. THE EU IS THE COALITION PEOPLE WAKE UP

Reactions: Hayfield and Vow